Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Defenders scoring....

I do think that we have a problem in that aspect. We get so many set pieces each game and rarely score. Given the amount of times the defense get forward I do feel they should be scoring more. A few extra goals from then would take a load of pressure off the front men.

I do think that we have a problem in that aspect. We get so many set pieces each game and rarely score. Given the amount of times the defense get forward I do feel they should be scoring more. A few extra goals from then would take a load of pressure off the front men.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm REALLY surprised that Nige and his boys haven't improved our set piece situations.

To be honest they really are generally fookin awful.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm REALLY surprised that Nige and his boys haven't improved our set piece situations.

To be honest they really are generally fookin awful.

With the deliveries (with Marshall), its one of two things.

a.) He's not good enough at taking corners - at this level, you should be able to put it on a sixpence

OR

b.) He can put it on a sixpence (which he definitely should be able to), in which case, why is this designated sixpence in the keepers arms?

With the deliveries (with Marshall), its one of two things.

a.) He's not good enough at taking corners - at this level, you should be able to put it on a sixpence

OR

b.) He can put it on a sixpence (which he definitely should be able to), in which case, why is this designated sixpence in the keepers arms?

Exactly the same criticism was levelled at Gallagher whereas I thought he could deliver a superb whipping cross.

In my opinion it's not the crossing, it's two things. Firstly, we aren't a big side. As you rightly say, the midfielders are small guys. Secondly, not enough people 'gambling' to get on the end of stuff. This was most apparent with Beckford in the side.

Exactly the same criticism was levelled at Gallagher whereas I thought he could deliver a superb whipping cross.

In my opinion it's not the crossing, it's two things. Firstly, we aren't a big side. As you rightly say, the midfielders are small guys. Secondly, not enough people 'gambling' to get on the end of stuff. This was most apparent with Beckford in the side.

From what I've seen recently, Gallagher has a far more threatening delivery than Marshall; more pace and accuracy.

Dont start me on corners.Last two seasons I dont think Ive seen a genuine worked move.Gally floating the ball in(to the first man)knock and marshall similar with a bit more and tbf waggy bit more pace probably better work fron the short corner dyer bamba v man city is up there

In our last play off campaign we had; Bruno Berner (4 goals) Michael Morrison (3 goals) .

Our goals from centre back really have been poor under Pearson... None of our centre backs apart from Whitbread have ever looked a threat in the air.

Berner and Morrison both showed some movement and intent at set pieces, whereas the likes of Wes and Keane seem to go through the motions, and Konch isn't strong in the air. We do have players who could be decent, though - De Laet seems to have potential as he's quick and decent in the air, Whitbread is strong in the air in defence and St. Ledger has scored a few for Ireland, hasn't he?

Waggy is the best set peice taker at the club, looked deadly earlier this season. Not worth having him on for that. Waggy is shit unless he has a run in the team. Should loan him out.

Marshall and knocky need to spend some extra time training and they could both be awesome

We don't have many good headers of the ball in the team - Morgan, Keane, Nugent, Wood all good in the air, but none of them are good at "attacking" the ball. If you float the ball in or 'stand' it up then Nugent's your man (see his goal v Derby - Marshall assist) but other than that we've got no real hope of scoring headers from corners etc.

Re: OP - to be fair every single one of our outfield players have scored in the league.

We don't have many good headers of the ball in the team - Morgan, Keane, Nugent, Wood all good in the air, but none of them are good at "attacking" the ball. If you float the ball in or 'stand' it up then Nugent's your man (see his goal v Derby - Marshall assist) but other than that we've got no real hope of scoring headers from corners etc.

Re: OP - to be fair every single one of our outfield players have scored in the league.

I point you to todays game good sir. :)

Archived