Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Mr. Pearson is a adequate manager, no more..

If you look at the expectations of the clubs he's managed at in recent years, he has always matched or bettered what is expected of him. First saving Southampton from relegation at our expense, turning us around when we were in a poor state, not only winning League One but going on to get a side that had no right to do it finishing in the Play-Offs. Hull were in a poor state when Pearson took over and he'd rebuilt that club and had them challenging for a play-off place when he left and now he's taken a Leicester side that's failed to reach the play-offs for a couple of season and has us well placed to accomplish that (dspite working on a reduced bugjet in comparison to past seasons), which is as much as anyone expected of us at the start of the year. Every manager has some flaws, all managers make some mistakes, but there's no doubt in my mind that Nigel Pearson is one of the best managers in the Championship and will be a Premier League manager sooner rather than later. Pearson has done a superb job during his two spells at Leicester City of building a strong squad and a good team behind the scenes. He's the best manager we've had over the course of the last ten years, I don't know what makes people think that anyone else we could get is going to do a better job.

What is their to suggest that they cannot do a better job though?

If you look at the expectations of the clubs he's managed at in recent years, he has always matched or bettered what is expected of him. First saving Southampton from relegation at our expense, turning us around when we were in a poor state, not only winning League One but going on to get a side that had no right to do it finishing in the Play-Offs. Hull were in a poor state when Pearson took over and he'd rebuilt that club and had them challenging for a play-off place when he left and now he's taken a Leicester side that's failed to reach the play-offs for a couple of season and has us well placed to accomplish that (dspite working on a reduced bugjet in comparison to past seasons), which is as much as anyone expected of us at the start of the year. Every manager has some flaws, all managers make some mistakes, but there's no doubt in my mind that Nigel Pearson is one of the best managers in the Championship and will be a Premier League manager sooner rather than later. Pearson has done a superb job during his two spells at Leicester City of building a strong squad and a good team behind the scenes. He's the best manager we've had over the course of the last ten years, I don't know what makes people think that anyone else we could get is going to do a better job.

Why has'nt he been 'poached' by a Premier Club then ?

That's the point isn't it ..... expectation is promotion this season. It's looking much less likely than a few weeks ago and we're starting to approach the final run in.

That's the point isn't it ..... expectation is promotion this season. It's looking much less likely than a few weeks ago and we're starting to approach the final run in.

That's not what people were saying on here at the start of the season. But even so, maybe you should wait and see whether he does get us promotion one way or another before you judge his success over the course of the season. We're still 5th, it's not like our seasons over already.

Sometimes I don't want to go up so us 'Pearson haters' can say we were right.

lol

Sometimes I don't want to go up so us 'Pearson haters' can say we were right.

The 'fans' who adore Pearson really grate on me.

You don't want us to go up because some people rate the manager highly?

That's not what people were saying on here at the start of the season. But even so, maybe you should wait and see whether he does get us promotion one way or another before you judge his success over the course of the season. We're still 5th, it's not like our seasons over already.

lol

I expressed my opinion before we kicked a ball this season and I'm expressing the same view now ..... If we are promoted I'll be delighted, but i doubt it will happen under NP. But every week I express the same opinion it's always met with "knee jerk" comments.

Like you say .... he hasn't had the full season yet so we'll see.

I think people forget that this is the guy that picked the club up when it was at its lowest point. The guy that almost got us back to back promotions. The same guy who has got us to 5th in the Championship having slashed an unsustainable wage bill of a squad that were no better than a mid table side.

Pearson clearly does something right and has been the best manager for this club since O'Neill. Where would we be without him?

Ok...thanks for respecting my view. We all have our opinions.

I'm not a recruiter of managers....I only take a view on what I see. Won't offer an opinion on a replacement. I probably wouldn't have appointed Martin O'neil and that didn't turn out too badly! lol!

I honestly don't find our football this season exciting. Yes...we've had a few good wins but it's been frustratingly inconsistent. We all know Pearson can organise a defence but his choice of midfield players and how to adapt attacking style game by game is poor. As a result, other teams work us out and stifle our approach. As other posters have remarked, there is no plan B.

Whether this is lack of experience or just limited capability I'm not sure but it is certainly an issue.

How do you know? I thought you said you stopped going to matches...

If we look at the managers we have had since the Bloomfield era, where would Pearson rank? I would argue that he's just above Levein and Kelly. A long way short of the high achievers - Bloomfield, O'Neill, Wallace, Little, McGhee, Milne

If we look at the managers we have had since the Bloomfield era, where would Pearson rank? I would argue that he's just above Levein and Kelly. A long way short of the high achievers - Bloomfield, O'Neill, Wallace, Little, McGhee, Milne

How is McGhee, with one relegation and then leaving in the next November, a higher achiever than Pearson?

Just above Levein and Kelly? Those two would've ripped your arm off for 13th in the table, let alone being in play-off places.

What is their to suggest that they cannot do a better job though?

Because we've had nine managers in the last ten seasons and nobody else has? What's that thing about failing to learn from history? I'm not saying he's untouchable, but he should have earned some trust by now, even from the clowns who've literally hated him from day one.

McGhee?????

I don't like NP but even I wouldn't say that!!!!!

McGhee?????

I don't like NP but even I wouldn't say that!!!!!

McGhee took us to the top of the same league and we played some lovely football. His departure tarnished his reputation, but there's no doubt that his actual time with us could be viewed as being a success.

Fox1norfolk makes a good point.pearson will be found out simply because he lacks any real tactical judgement. Never learns from his own mistakes. Biggest thing worrying right now, is the players ie wellens gally king dyer are all finding their way back into the team. These werent good enough last season

McGhee took us to the top of the same league and we played some lovely football. His departure tarnished his reputation, but there's no doubt that his actual time with us could be viewed as being a success.

Arghhhh the great McGhee football myth!!!! We did pass the ball ..... but with little or no impact. We were pretty much in the same position when he left as we were when he started. At best he trod water for 10 months, and then buggered off.

Pearson has achieved Promotion with us, and has at times played better football than McGhee did. McGhee is way below NP.

Don't think that McGhee had as much money to spend as Pearson. I think I'm right in saying that we were top when he left. Pearson has only achieved promotion from the third tier of football.

And where has McGhee achieved promotion from?

Don't think that McGhee had as much money to spend as Pearson. I think I'm right in saying that we were top when he left. Pearson has only achieved promotion from the third tier of football.

Could argue this all night and not find the answer ..... McGhee failed to avoid relegation in his first season.

He was 3rd I think when he left.

He certainly didn't achieve anything with LCFC because he didn't stick it out so we could see. NP is better therefor because he was promoted.

Archived