Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Mr. Pearson is a adequate manager, no more..

I think his interview technique does him no favours with those short in the attention span department.

Who would you rather have Phil Brown? Mike Newell? Martin Allen? Dean Windass?

The football would be shite but they do amazing "ooooh look, shiny" style interviews.

Doing a good job.

Came back to the club faced with a squad full of far too many players, many of them multi-multimillionaires thanks to their deals under previous manager & we're midtable nobodies & he's turned them into a close knit team challenging at the top end.

Not really sure what people expect. You're deluded.

We're many times better off than before his arrival & this is the first full season after the needed summer.

Anyone who says otherwise is trolling or the biggest idiot around.

Looking forward to next season with him too - As long as we move to the next level & improve a similar amount again.

I just wish we'd still be playing the way we were early in the season.

I came away from Blackburn disappointed that we'd lost but encouraged by the display and entertained. I had neither of those today.

It's a shame because at home I've been entertained in most matches.

We all have an opinion, and i respect yours but do you not think we play some exciting attacking football? We have scored 6 goals twice this season plus 4 against Derby. Our goal difference is the best in the league and we have a very good home record. Who would you have us replace Pearson with?

Ok...thanks for respecting my view. We all have our opinions.

I'm not a recruiter of managers....I only take a view on what I see. Won't offer an opinion on a replacement. I probably wouldn't have appointed Martin O'neil and that didn't turn out too badly! lol!

I honestly don't find our football this season exciting. Yes...we've had a few good wins but it's been frustratingly inconsistent. We all know Pearson can organise a defence but his choice of midfield players and how to adapt attacking style game by game is poor. As a result, other teams work us out and stifle our approach. As other posters have remarked, there is no plan B.

Whether this is lack of experience or just limited capability I'm not sure but it is certainly an issue.

I think Pearson has done very well to get us where he has done considering the circumstances. He was bought, primarily, as a man who could restructure a squad out of sorts and a club that was financially in a mess. That was task number one. Obviously he was also tasked with getting us promoted.

Task number one has been achieved by Nigel. He's got now a tight-knit squad that work and fight for each other, that want to play for Leicester City, that has resale value and lowered the wage bill. All this and he's still managed to get us a better TEAM than anything Sven did.

To do all that and then get a side that could also compete right at the top of the table in just one season is a great achievement. For me, that is a two year task. This season, I and many others looking at the pre-season predictions, expected this to be a consolidation type season where we start to lay some foundations and recover from the disaster of last season and aim for the play-offs. I feel he's done very well to get us within the automatics at this stage.

I hope we don't lose faith in Nigel should we not go up and I don't think the Thais will. They've learnt their lessons and we'd be foolish to repeat the same mistake of 3 years ago. Pushing out NP cost us two seasons on the pitch but so much more off it and we're just starting to recover now. Malky Mackay got Cardiff in a similar position last season also needing to change the team following from Dave Jones' reign and arguably inherited them in a better position. They let him build on the foundations he'd laid the season before and look at them now.

People bemoan the lack of consistency on the field but is it really a surprise when we've had so much inconsistency and turmoil off it. Surely then the answer isn't to restart that whole cycle again?

I think Pearson has done very well to get us where he as done considering the circumstances. He was bought, primarily, as a man who could restructure a squad out of sorts and a club that was financially in a mess. That was task number one. Obviously he was also tasked with getting us promoted.

Task number one has been achieved by Nigel. He's got now a tight-knit squad that work and fight for each other, that want to play for Leicester City, that has resale value and lowered the wage bill. All this and he's still managed to get us a better TEAM than anything Sven did.

To do all that and then get a side that could also compete right at the top of the table in just one season is a great achievement. For me, that is a two year task. This season, I and many others looking at the pre-season predictions, expected this to be a consolidation type season where we start to lay some foundations and recover from the disaster of last season and aim for the play-offs. I feel he's done very well to get us within the automatics at this stage.

I hope we don't lose faith in Nigel should we not go up and I don't think the Thais will. They've learnt their lessons and we'd be foolish to repeat the same mistake of 3 years ago. Pushing out NP cost us two seasons on the pitch but so much more off it and we're just starting to recover now. Malky Mackay got Cardiff in a similar position last season also needing to change the team following from Dave Jones' reign and arguably inherited them in better position. They let him build on the foundations he'd laid and look at them now.

People bemoan the lack of consistency on the field but is it really a surprise when we've had so much inconsistency and turmoil off it. Surely then the answer isn't to restart that whole cycle again?

Good post and I agree 100%. Problem on here is any one saying anything about st Pearson is told to shut up and go support another team, so yes maybe put your tin hat on and wait for the ride

Stick with your point of view and eventually we will out number the yes men. :thumbup:

I'm not sure how much of this "he had to sort the wage bill out" is really true, to be honest. We've seen no concrete evidence that he was told we had to cut costs. Infact he has splashed a fair bit of money around. He got rid of players he wanted out, not because they were high earners, although there was some correlation. Let's be honest, he has not been short of financial backing. This is his team now which he has had lots of time and money to build. If we fall outside of the play-offs then he has failed, simple as that. Even finishing 5th or 6th is pretty poor.

The thing is if we change the manager who do we think will do significantly better? We have at times played tremendously this season, simply not frequently enough. I'm feeling enormously disappointed this evening but for me Nigel stays next season. Help RW, PG, JB, ND and MF find new clubs. Possibly LD too. Recruit 3 to 4 midfielders and wingers and one attacker.

Its nothing to be ashamed of but that's the truth, deep down we all know it. Anybody really think he would be retained by the owners in the premier league for any length of time? In life we all have our limitations, as long as we strive to reach them ,we can ask no more. Im sure this post will be seen as another Pearson hating thread, its not meant to be, but as a top class manager Nigel lacks something when the chips are down, maybe my views are coloured by the o'neil years but this is my conclusion. please wait while I put my tin hat on, thanks..

absolutely spot on.

the team lacks a combatitive midfield performer who would also give a certain amount of protection to the back four

Hear this a lot. Best defense in the league suggests otherwise. What we lack is a player in the middle of the park with a bit of creative flair. Our current centre mids are like drones, we need someone with a bit of spark who can bring others into play in attacking positions. Someone who can think outside of the box a bit.

Doing a good job.

Came back to the club faced with a squad full of far too many players, many of them multi-multimillionaires thanks to their deals under previous manager & we're midtable nobodies & he's turned them into a close knit team challenging at the top end.

Not really sure what people expect. You're deluded.

We're many times better off than before his arrival & this is the first full season after the needed summer.

Anyone who says otherwise is trolling or the biggest idiot around.

Looking forward to next season with him too - As long as we move to the next level & improve a similar amount again.

I think it's wonderful how you lable anyone who dares to have a different view to you as " Trolling or the biggest idiot around " that kind of scant regard for others opinions says what you really are a thick bully who thinks that your opinion and your opinion alone counts, well it doesn't . shut up and listen for a change.

The only managers out their in the market who could do a better better job than NP are Nigel Adkins and Roberto Di Matteo imo since they have managed to achieve promotion at this level and the style of football they play would suit our players both away from home and at home.

Gut feeling we are not gonna even make the play offs under Pearson,hope I'm wrong.the team lacks a combatitive midfield performer who would also give a certain amount of protection to the back four,players on the bench simply are not gonna change games.

Totally agree.....combative midfielder essential. Neil Lennon type tackler and holding player.

Hear this a lot. Best defense in the league suggests otherwise. What we lack is a player in the middle of the park with a bit of creative flair. Our current centre mids are like drones, we need someone with a bit of spark who can bring others into play in attacking positions. Someone who can think outside of the box a bit.

King? Stringer mentioned him driving forward like Yaya Toure this afternoon. :crylaugh:

Persons a good manager and I for one would like to see him around for a few more years/

I think at times we're playing some of the best football I've seen Leicester play and I started going down during Brian Little's day. When we get it right it's great. Person's made great signings and has brought balance to the team. We do however lack depth in the squad and this doesn't give us many options away from home

The only criticism I would have is getting rid of danns and wellens. I think they were useful option away from home meaning we could more easily play 5 across the midfield with some steel. giving better protection to the defence

Everyone is allowed their opinion but if you don't like Pearson can you moan about him in the summer when the season is over cause there is more chance of changing manager then, than there is now with not many games to go. My opinion is that Pearson has done a good job and that he can get us promoted.

I see what you are saying but do u honestly believe Pearson will be the City Manager if we don't make play offs ???????????

I don't the guy has no plan B his tactics just the same plus we dont have strength and depth change things chasing game Gallacher &Dyer dont cut it this level week in week in week out

Away form very very worrying

Pearson is a total joke! Clearly his ability to structure a team away from home is very questionable! He is a losing bastard!! They 2 cup finals in the 90s defined that ***** career! Season over. Total ****ing joker!!!!

So you mean as far as your concerned the jury is out ?

If you look at the expectations of the clubs he's managed at in recent years, he has always matched or bettered what is expected of him. First saving Southampton from relegation at our expense, turning us around when we were in a poor state, not only winning League One but going on to get a side that had no right to do it finishing in the Play-Offs. Hull were in a poor state when Pearson took over and he'd rebuilt that club and had them challenging for a play-off place when he left and now he's taken a Leicester side that's failed to reach the play-offs for a couple of season and has us well placed to accomplish that (dspite working on a reduced bugjet in comparison to past seasons), which is as much as anyone expected of us at the start of the year. Every manager has some flaws, all managers make some mistakes, but there's no doubt in my mind that Nigel Pearson is one of the best managers in the Championship and will be a Premier League manager sooner rather than later. Pearson has done a superb job during his two spells at Leicester City of building a strong squad and a good team behind the scenes. He's the best manager we've had over the course of the last ten years, I don't know what makes people think that anyone else we could get is going to do a better job.

NP Lacks the strategic tactics that easily beats the 'winnable' sides like Ipswich etc., lacks innovative formations in setting up the side, However, I feel he's in a 'no-win situation' eg if he does'nt achieve promotion this season he'll be sacked and if he even did achieve getting us promoted he would be totally exposed by the nous and tactics of the majority of Prem managers, he outsmarted by some championship managers, so after a few defeats an instant departure is on the cards..

Archived