Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Mr. Pearson is a adequate manager, no more..

Fail to get promotion, or even play-offs then he is gone.

Go up he will probably stay.

But then again, he is the most successful manager we have had in ages, he has done wonders for the club, but he also has his flaws, same shitty formation week in week out, you need to change it up a bit now and then, but he doesn't change it enough.

I think he relies on 4-4-2 too often, it's just the old basic formation everyone used to play, but not anymore football has changed.

Guys get real!!! What do people want these days? I swear if we were top and lost 1 game, people would moan about the game we lost!!

NP has odd faults but so do all other managers otherwise you'd win every game.

Whilst im as upset as anyone losing today, we're 5th with a game in hand and we've had a very good season upto now..... We weren't ever in the playoff spots at all last season and now people are getting their knickers in a twist cos we're 5th!!!!

Why dont we get ANOTHER manager, may as well cos changing managers has got us where we need to be hasnt it.....

We've had 2/3 good seasons in the last 10 years, league 1 champions, playoffs in Championship and potentially this season, all of which we've been managed by NP

Not quite sure how the "I'm gonna bash Pearson and mention that I don't care about those who stick up for him as the fact I've now mentioned this means my opinion is fact and Pearson is infact useless Simply because he has people who stick up for him" argument works.

Confuses the hell out of me...

Guys get real!!! What do people want these days? I swear if we were top and lost 1 game, people would moan about the game we lost!!

NP has odd faults but so do all other managers otherwise you'd win every game.

Whilst im as upset as anyone losing today, we're 5th with a game in hand and we've had a very good season upto now..... We weren't ever in the playoff spots at all last season and now people are getting their knickers in a twist cos we're 5th!!!!

Why dont we get ANOTHER manager, may as well cos changing managers has got us where we need to be hasnt it.....

We've had 2/3 good seasons in the last 10 years, league 1 champions, playoffs in Championship and potentially this season, all of which we've been managed by NP

The last part of that is a very valid point.

I'd really love to know what this 'plan B' is? What's he supposed to do? Inherited a squad, was told to ship several out before he could bring anyone in. Can only work with what he's got

He's spent a fortune on players for this division. He works with he has chosen to buy and still ends up playing his old midfield when he runs out of ideas once again.

By the way every new manager at any club has to do all you mentioned above.

He's spent a fortune on players for this division. He works with he has chosen to buy and still ends up playing his old midfield when he runs out of ideas once again.

What exactly do you want? Midfield wise he's signed Drinkwater, James, Knockaert and Marshall, all promising young players. Wellens has only been sub recently because James is injured. Dyer is a great sub option to have in this league although not sure on Gally. We prob do need 1 more wide option to have although i think Schlupp could play as a winger......

You cant just buy who you want when you want. We're not the biggest club around so you cant just sell the likes of Gally, Wellens, Dyer etc without having some players in place prior which isnt that easy. Sometimes i think people think we can buy who we want!!!!

Maybe we could go back to the Sven or Sousa era...... Yeah good one!!!!

Every Manager at every club? Right:

Cardiff: have spent what feels like YEARS trying to get to where they are at this moment in time. Have experienced players for this division, and Mackay has been given time

Hull: ask any non bitter Hull fan and they will tell you Pearson built the foundations of their current team/squad.

Palace: Holloway hasn't had to do anything; Palace are still the best side I've seen this season bar us

Watford: Non applicable seeing as their entire squad are loan players.

Pearson's doing ok really then, isn't he?

Ok...thanks for respecting my view. We all have our opinions.

I'm not a recruiter of managers....I only take a view on what I see. Won't offer an opinion on a replacement. I probably wouldn't have appointed Martin O'neil and that didn't turn out too badly! lol!

I honestly don't find our football this season exciting. Yes...we've had a few good wins but it's been frustratingly inconsistent. We all know Pearson can organise a defence but his choice of midfield players and how to adapt attacking style game by game is poor. As a result, other teams work us out and stifle our approach. As other posters have remarked, there is no plan B.

Whether this is lack of experience or just limited capability I'm not sure but it is certainly an issue.

We have been inconsistent, granted (apart from the 5 game winning streak) but so has everyone else. We resorted to long ball a bit today and last week at Blackpool, but that was to no avail either. I tend to agree with you about there being maybe a lack of experience or 'spark' in key areas, but I have found that some of our football to be good in many games.

He must be doing something right to be in the situation we are in, but we are not the finished article yet. At this level and more so in the Premiership, the margin for error is so small. Which clubs play the type of football you enjoy watching by the way?

Where did I mention Sven, don't let the mistakes of the past stop you trying to improve things.

We've just spent 17m on the ground, if NFP really wanted rid of the high earners I'm sure the owners would have happily paid them off, especially as it wouldn't count on next years ffp. It would actually put us ina better position next year.

The financial figures were released, that in itself should show some people what kind of job Pearson has had to do. IMO we are not as good as Watford, Hull or Cardiff, but that isn't Pearsons fault he has layed the foundations for an excellent team and we still have the chance of making the play offs or one of the auto spots.

How about instead of slagging him off get behind him, because as soon as we win all of the pearson bashers crawl into the woodwork until days like today, when they come back preaching their bull-shit.

The financial figures were released, that in itself should show some people what kind of job Pearson has had to do. IMO we are not as good as Watford, Hull or Cardiff, but that isn't Pearsons fault he has layed the foundations for an excellent team and we still have the chance of making the play offs or one of the auto spots.

How about instead of slagging him off get behind him, because as soon as we win all of the pearson bashers crawl into the woodwork until days like today, when they come back preaching their bull-shit.

We do have some sensible people on here then.....

What exactly do you want? Midfield wise he's signed Drinkwater, James, Knockaert and Marshall, all promising young players. Wellens has only been sub recently because James is injured. Dyer is a great sub option to have in this league although not sure on Gally. We prob do need 1 more wide option to have although i think Schlupp could play as a winger......

You cant just buy who you want when you want. We're not the biggest club around so you cant just sell the likes of Gally, Wellens, Dyer etc without having some players in place prior which isnt that easy. Sometimes i think people think we can buy who we want!!!!

Maybe we could go back to the Sven or Sousa era...... Yeah good one!!!!

Dyer is a great sub option in this league?????? How is someone who does jack shit when he comes on a good option? Please don't just say, because he is! Give me a example of when he had a positive effect on a game!

Dyer is a great sub option in this league?????? How is someone who does jack shit when he comes on a good option? Please don't just say, because he is! Give me a example of when he had a positive effect on a game!

I cant specifically name exact games as my memory isnt quite that good.

However, if you remember to a spell in the first half of the season, he was outstanding. Many people around the club (fans, manager etc) were saying he was playing the best football since he'd been at Leicester.

I dont doubt he's a bit hit and miss but he's proved when he's on it, he can terrorise defences. Maybe you just pick selective games where he;s not been as good, like today.

I believe around the time we hammered Ipswich. He was unplayable in that game, watch the goals back

A bit of an arrogant statement don't you think? so any opinion that does not coincide with yours is BS? and those holding them are described as crawling like insects.. my thread says I think mr. pearson is adequate, how is that bashing him? little point, zola and bruce have only been in place since the start of this season,mckay a bit longer than pearson.. all have had a lot less resources to work with..

A bit of an arrogant statement don't you think? so any opinion that does not coincide with yours is BS? and those holding them are described as crawling like insects.. my thread says I think mr. pearson is adequate, how is that bashing him? little point, zola and bruce have only been in place since the start of this season,mckay a bit longer than pearson.. all have had a lot less resources to work with..

Half of Hull's side is NP's signings. Zola has signed 20 odd players on loan which is crackers!!!

NP is the best he can do no wrong :ph34r: just accept he has his limitations or don't for me it is quite simple just appoint a manager who has a record of getting promotion at this level and could adapt in the prem two names come to mind Roberto Di Matteo and Nigel Adkins get either one of them in and I think we would do far better imo.

I cant specifically name exact games as my memory isnt quite that good.

However, if you remember to a spell in the first half of the season, he was outstanding. Many people around the club (fans, manager etc) were saying he was playing the best football since he'd been at Leicester.

I dont doubt he's a bit hit and miss but he's proved when he's on it, he can terrorise defences. Maybe you just pick selective games where he;s not been as good, like today.

I don't need to be selective, it happens 9 times from 10. That statement you mentioned was said in November after a couple of alright games & a very good one against Ipswich. The fact you can't remember one should tell you all you need to know, cus you shouldn't be to harsh on your memory because no one else would be able to remember either.

I said before a ball was kicked this season, that if we had the likes of dyer, gally & Wellens still around the team this season then we would never be going up. A team with ambitions of going up could never afford to have such a limited quality of player in their squad.

Half of Hull's side is NP's signings. Zola has signed 20 odd players on loan which is crackers!!!

so what? the table don't lie.. I think Im right in saying its zola's first job in management..if being above us is crackers..then who's really mad? and i think you will find there are only one or two from the pearson era still playing regularly for hull...a lot of egyptians now it seems.

NP is the best he can do no wrong :ph34r: just accept he has his limitations or don't for me it is quite simple just appoint a manager who has a record of getting promotion at this level and could adapt in the prem two names come to mind Roberto Di Matteo and Nigel Adkins get either one of them in and I think we would do far better imo.

That old chesnut 'a record of getting promotion at this level'!!! Laughable!!!

Getting either of these guys in doesnt guarantee anything other than another pay off for another manager and loads of changes AGAIN. No thanks, stability has been needed for the last 5/6 years and we've not had it till now

Cardiff have a lot less resources to work with do they? I think a squad containing Bellamy, Campbell, Maynard and Helguson begs to differ.

Archived