Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Leeds Post Match Moaning

I've said it before but I will repeat myself.

Elementary managerial error to change a winning team. This s##t run all started with the cup game At Huddersfield. A group of confident players playing good football in January are now looking like they have little confidence in each other.

I genuinely felt sorry for Dyer, he came on as LEFT BACK!!!! He was totally lost, then the oh so predictable change in 60 mins (Marshall for Knocky). Pearson really hasn't got a plan B has he.

One of the smallest squads??? Well stop falling out with everybody and shipping them out on loan you miserable git Pearson.

Oh and one last moan. The fat prat with the drum... He is a joke, he makes us a laughing stock.

End of moan. Come on City, pull it together.

Oh yeah.. " we all hate Leeds SCUM, we all hate Leeds SCUM"

Dear me do you honestly believe the tosh about him falling out with players? Don't you think his assignment may well have been to cut the wages and by shipping them out he following orders? Christ, besides those out on loan would make no impact anyway.

As for your plan b crap, you cried out for a formation change, we changed it and drew 1-1 scoring a goal after we had reverted back to 4-4-2. What do you want him to do, spray fairy dust and turn all the players into technically gifted creative midfielders, he changed the set up and salvaged a point I would say that is a successful plan b, no?

Again, very poor. Not a word of constructive criticism; no complaints at conceding from a corner, not a word on the lacklustre performance, nothing to suggest that he's told the players that more is required of them if we want to go up. He speaks as if they're fully meeting his expectations, but - what's worse - the feedback from the players suggests that this is the case, and they play that way too.

His actions over the past month or so have not hinted at a manager capable of winning this league and the players' constant bickering with fans or saying it was okay to lose in the Cup suggest that his slightly sour-faced defensiveness is rubbing off on them.

In the interview he simply wanted to return to complaining about the idiot who had a go at him, as if that was the message he wanted the fans to take home with them. Yes it was out of order but 'if you don't like it don't come' - why the 'you'? At times it felt like he was warning all of us rather than the one chap who lost his rag. And besides, who would seriously 'like' the way we're playing right now?

The results are not enough, on their own, for me to criticise the manager. But there's an apathy to his attitude which is alarming. I began to feel very worried after his post-match comments following the Wolves game ('I'll settle for this set of players' / 'we deserved the win') and it's all felt horribly predictable since then.

He said 'we'll see at the end of the season', as if he's decided that it's all going to turn out just fine. And I'm happy to give him the chance, until then at least. But I wonder if there's a little too much of the arrogance on his part these days, not quite enough openness to the possibility that, to earn promotion, we might first need to go back to the drawing board.

I agree .... he sounds like he's winning points against stringer and the fans that aren't behind him - rather than getting people behind him by being honest and showing some passion. He's dour, dull, stubborn and arrogant, none of which are qualities of the man i want to cheer for running my club.

Again, very poor. Not a word of constructive criticism; no complaints at conceding from a corner, not a word on the lacklustre performance, nothing to suggest that he's told the players that more is required of them if we want to go up. He speaks as if they're fully meeting his expectations, but - what's worse - the feedback from the players suggests that this is the case, and they play that way too.

His actions over the past month or so have not hinted at a manager capable of winning this league and the players' constant bickering with fans or saying it was okay to lose in the Cup suggest that his slightly sour-faced defensiveness is rubbing off on them.

In the interview he simply wanted to return to complaining about the idiot who had a go at him, as if that was the message he wanted the fans to take home with them. Yes it was out of order but 'if you don't like it don't come' - why the 'you'? At times it felt like he was warning all of us rather than the one chap who lost his rag. And besides, who would seriously 'like' the way we're playing right now?

The results are not enough, on their own, for me to criticise the manager. But there's an apathy to his attitude which is alarming. I began to feel very worried after his post-match comments following the Wolves game ('I'll settle for this set of players' / 'we deserved the win') and it's all felt horribly predictable since then.

He said 'we'll see at the end of the season', as if he's decided that it's all going to turn out just fine. And I'm happy to give him the chance, until then at least. But I wonder if there's a little too much of the arrogance on his part these days, not quite enough openness to the possibility that, to earn promotion, we might first need to go back to the drawing board.

I'm glad you posted that and I completely agree.

I'm far more angry tonight at that nonsense post-match interview than at the teams rubbish performance.

If you disregard ME Mr Pearson as a paying customer with no effort to explain some of the decisions you are taking currently you can go and do one. Even with the silly decisions Sven took, he always came across as caring about the impact the teams play had had on the fans and the reasons for doing what he did.

I would advise you, Nigel Pearson, that you are priveliged to manage my football club, the club that I've supported since you were plying your trade elsewhere and the fans deserve some respect.

Anyway, rant over...

:angry:

He answered every question like he was winning points against stringer.

"When we dominate teams we usually do so with plenty of width, has that been lacking in recent games?"

What do you mean?

(Isn't it fecking obvious??).

"Konchesky went off at half time - what happened?"

He went off at half time

"Was he injured?"

Yes.

It was the attitude that he petulantly answered the questions as well .... like he was 14 years old and was being questioned by teacher about something he hadn't done.

I have been trying not to hate the bloke for a while ..... but that's the final nail in the coffin for me. I can't wait to see him sacked.

If he thinks that is the behaviour of a leader then it's clear to see that he will never be a leader. Just disgraceful.

That sort of arrogance is what I don't like about Pearson.

Whether he doesn't like stringer or not why not just answer the questions in a professional manner.

At the end of the day Stringer is asking questions on behalf of the fans, does he feel that we don't warrant a proper answer?

He's all smug when we are winning but he's got a massive arrogant chip on his shoulder when we are losing.

Got to give Kasper some credit at the end, I've thought he is a bit of a show pony and crowd pleaser at times. But the way he was all jeered up at the end helped us go on and get the equaliser. I loved the equaliser but it would of been a dream to see Kasper get the equaliser, I reckon he'd be straight in the crowd!!

I'm glad you posted that and I completely agree.

I'm far more angry tonight at that nonsense post-match interview than at the teams rubbish performance.

If you disregard ME Mr Pearson as a paying customer with no effort to explain some of the decisions you are taking currently you can go and do one. Even with the silly decisions Sven took, he always came across as caring about the impact the teams play had had on the fans and the reasons for doing what he did.

I would advise you, Nigel Pearson, that you are priveliged to manage my football club, the club that I've supported since you were plying your trade elsewhere and the fans deserve some respect.

Anyway, rant over...

:angry:

Wait for it .....

This may bring on a headache .......

I agree entirely!!!!!

Every word.

The match was poor, but not as bad as i was expecting to be honest. But we are clueless going forward .... I don't know what we do in training but it's not breaking sides down or set pieces.

Kasper got NP out of trouble today - he inspired the team and the fans to care for the last 5 minutes.

NP didn't.

And then NP comes onto the radio and acts like a petulant little shit. I hope he gets to the end of the season so that we don't have the "what ifs" of if we'd kept him .... but the second the season is over I want NP to go and insult some other team's fans not mine.

That sort of arrogance is what I don't like about Pearson.

Whether he doesn't like stringer or not why not just answer the questions in a professional manner.

At the end of the day Stringer is asking questions on behalf of the fans, does he feel that we don't warrant a proper answer?

He's all smug when we are winning but he's got a massive arrogant chip on his shoulder when we are losing.

Yeah i agree ... He absolutely cannot take criticism either direct or implied .... and that simply isn't the behaviour of a leader.

My view on the game today:

We played well, we were much better than Leeds, we had the best chances, and Kenny pulled off at least 4 quality saves, Wood's deflected shot, Knockaert's free kick in the first half, and a couple of very good saves in the second half, but I was down the other end.

Kasper and the defence were at fault for their goal, wasn't a great corner and someone should have dealt with it otherwise they were very solid.

After we conceded we lost focus for a bit and struggled to get into the game until the closing stages where we put them under siege and got a more than just reward.

I thought King and Drinkwater did well, our problems were out wide. Kane and knocky offered very little and Marshall didn't do much when he came on. Wood and Nugent didn't have a lot to feed on, but did ok, but without a spark struggled to breakdown a typically well organised Leeds defence.

Konch's injury did expose our lack of options on the bench, any chance of recalling Jeff?

Thought the first half was one of the best atmosphere's I've seen at the kp, credit to Leeds, but we drowned them out a few times, after they scored the atmosphere on both sides drifted off.

Thought it was a penalty at the end too, clearly looked to have been shoved over in the box, still I thought the ref was crap, no excuses, he was crap for both teams.

Anyway love a last minute equaliser, certainly cheered me up.

Keep on saying it, we're crap from defending corners. Crap.

Always look like we are going to concede and have been lucky many times this season. Shocking defending for their goal.

Least we didnt lose today but i am seriously worried about us now, can see us cocking it all right up.

Don't get why we have no LB cover? Konch gets injured and we have to play Dyer there. That makes no sense at all to me.

Our LB cover is currently being given away to Man Utd to make sure that NP has access to loan players in his new job.

Very poor really. To me this looked like a scrap between two average championship sides neither of who look likely to go up.

The same problems yet again...

- Inferior subs bench which gives little option in regard to changing the game

- Closed down/Outnumbered in midfield. Drinkwater seemed to be playing on his own in there at times (not very well either). Doubtless King was doing amazing 'off the ball work'

- Near religious faith in 44 ****ing 2. I found it incredible that even though we had 3 strikers on the pitch for 90 minutes and after half time only 3 defenders, NFP still stuck with 442 for the majority of the game. I've almost gotta give him credit for his stubborness.

All the great work in January has now been completely undone over the last month and we are right back where we started, in the mix with half a dozen other teams battling for the last two play off spots. Worse our ability to create numerous chances which we at least were doing during our poor form in December has vanished. Prior to this season Ive only seen city win 5 on the trot 4/5 times in 20 seasons of watching them and I dont expect to see them make it 3 in a season so a hefty winning run like in january cannot be relied on to get us out of this hole were slipping into.

Not according to NP.

Was there a possibility of using whitbread as a LB?

No. He's a centre back.

Should have bought Whitbread on and played 3-5-2 for me but hindsight eh. Dyer is absolutely hopeless at LB. Jesus christ that was painful.

Should have bought Whitbread on and played 3-5-2 for me but hindsight eh. Dyer is absolutely hopeless at LB. Jesus christ that was painful.

I agree entirely ... that's exactly what I'd have done too .... but NP has a photocopied team sheet with a 442 formation on that he fills in names on each week. And he photocopied enough copies for the whole season and he refuses to waste one.

I'm fed up with Pearson after than clueless attempt at stamping down authority on a football match. Utterly clueless.

He will not change. He's far too stubborn and his inability to mix things up rather than stand and waste 30 minutes of a second half left me infuriated. He can call us clowns if he wants, quite frankly take your pick Pearson any clown off the street could tell you where this game was headed from the moment the ball was kicked off with that setup.

We have the players to dominate these sides and yet we allow teams to dictate to us what they want. This isn't the hallmark of any team looking at promotion.

It's a damage limitation exercise.

Archived