Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Leeds Post Match Moaning

Erm... We're stuttering. And obviously, I don't like it. It's so disappointing having to listen to games like this. Not just one, but a couple in succession.

Doesn't bode well for the remaining games, yet there's still hope we can somewhat rediscover that magical form from just before the second Huddersfield cup game.

We've got some of the best attacking options in this league and can't score for ****?

Excuse me, Mr. Pearson, but I do hope you reconsider your tactics for the remaining games.

Don't seem to me that the manager and the players are taking this league or the stakes too seriously.

Or have we just been unlucky? Was reaching second spot but a temporary fluke?

I tend to go with the "can't be arsed to fight for promotion" attitude explanation.

That and a bloody weak bench.

We certainly aren't adding up to the sum of our parts.

We started with Nugent, Wood, Knockaert and Kane as attacking options and had to rely on a 90th minute equaliser.

Something is clearly very wrong at the moment and it seems to have kicked in very suddenly. We just aren't the same side that delivered 11 in 3 against Huddersfield, Bristol City and Middlesbrough as part of a five game winning run.

god seasons over guys. see you next year. its not like were still in the play offs or anything.

I think we will still make it to wembly, lets keep the faith. I have a feeling that equaliser could be very important come may. i think we will beat cardiff and palace which will consolidate us in the po. chill the f out guys.

That equaliser's not fooling anybody, 2nd is gone. Poor result and sounded a very poor performance.

Two big moments stand out recently for me:

After a 5 match winning run we dropped our best players for a cup match against Huddersfield. Whilst that particular match didnt lose us any points, it changed our winning mentality into a negative one and we haven't really shaken it off since. We went on a damaging bad run immediately after and it's arguably still continuing, the 3-0 win against Blackburn noted.

The last game against Ipswich. Win there and we could have been 5 points behind with a game in hand. Win that game in hand and we're right back in there. But a defeat was a hammer blow.

Even getting a home leg in the 2nd leg of the play-offs is difficult now. I can't believe how quickly it's gone wrong really. I've seen us play so well at times this season and our goal difference says a lot about our ability to destroy some teams. But we've got a soft underbelly; mentally, in terms of flexibility, physically at times.

The squad seems to small to cover for the inconsistencies and inexperience of the younger players in particular. And to add insult to injury, Konch gets an injury and we have Dyer at left back. What is going on?

I am the most negative poster on here

Hey hey hey, you can't just self-appoint yourself such a prestigious role. Seenitall, lcfcsnow and others have all been putting in the hard work of doomsaying on this forum, you can't just come in and take credit for their work.

Hey hey hey, you can't just self-appoint yourself such a prestigious role. Seenitall, lcfcsnow and others have all been putting in the hard work of doomsaying on this forum, you can't just come in and take credit for their work.

I derive no pleasure from knowing that Niges best days are behind him-sad

How did we actually play tonight good performance ? Lucky point ?

We certainly aren't adding up to the sum of our parts.

We started with Nugent, Wood, Knockaert and Kane as attacking options and had to rely on a 90th minute equaliser.

Something is clearly very wrong at the moment and it seems to have kicked in very suddenly. We just aren't the same side that delivered 11 in 3 against Huddersfield, Bristol City and Middlesbrough as part of a five game winning run.

It's called being consistent something we ain't

It's games like tonight that have made me stop going down so much this season.

It was dour and I can't recollect us getting off more than a few shots all game.

On this evenings performance, If Harry Kane is any better than Waggy then I haven't been watching football for years.

And Dyer coming on at left back? What's that all about?

Finally, Keane is a class above.. I think he'll play regularly for Man Utd in the future.

it ruins Leeds' night.

And we got a point.

It just sounded like we had a lack of invention and guile, and were all over the place at the back.

Granted it was Leeds commentary.

Archived