Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Leeds Post Match Moaning

Could one of you learned folk explain what the ref did wrong in blowing for half time when we were about to take a corner .As far as Im aware he is under no obligation to add on time for us to carry on or does the ball have to be in play.Could not really see a situation where we would be allowed a few more seconds

That's fair but why let knocks go over and line up the corner if you are just going to blow the whistle?

Can't believe sam byram went and scored. Typical. Told him to score an OG... Should have put money on him really.

Crap game though, decent first half but totally lost the plot after they scored. We love scoring last minute corners from that side against Leeds though don't we. Made seeing my mates just about bearable.

Can't believe some of the reactions on here, considering people were disapointed when we sacked sven and there was a lot less criticism of him than NP even though he played 4 cm's every game. Just because he is a bit nicer in interviews.

Can't believe some of the reactions on here, considering people were disapointed when we sacked sven and there was a lot less criticism of him than NP even though he played 4 cm's every game. Just because he is a bit nicer in interviews.

Why does that surprise you ? Interesting study done in USA where they looked at the litigation culture. Seems patients who were mis-diagnosed were more likely to take legal action against a doctor who had done a decent job - but with poor bed-side manner - than the doctor with good bed-side manner who had mis-diagnosed! We like and are forgiving to people who seem 'warm'. At times, NP is more like a polar bear with frost-bite.

Could one of you learned folk explain what the ref did wrong in blowing for half time when we were about to take a corner .As far as Im aware he is under no obligation to add on time for us to carry on or does the ball have to be in play.Could not really see a situation where we would be allowed a few more seconds

First of all he gave the corner.

Second of all, if it had been a goal kick I'm sure he would have let the keeper take it and then blow for half time once the ball is effectively back in play.

Not read all the pages in this thread, but from my point of view, why play kane out wide, i'm sure he wouldn't have joined us if he thought that was going to happen.

Lloyd at left back, oh dear, we got away with that somehow, their players knew to try and get the ball out to that side as soon as they heard the sub had been made.

As for the ref. I praised the guy last week for the blackburn game, let the game flow never issued a card, this guy was the exact opposite, blew for everything.

Pearsons attitude with stringer(even if he is a moron) is wearing a bit thin now.

Oh and I hate to say it, but jimmy saville chants apart, Leeds fans in terms of back their team, are everything I wish we could be.

It's starting to look like more than a co-incidence that our first unbeaten run in September/October and our second unbeaten run in December/January both featured games against Middlesbrough, Burnley, Hull, Bristol City and Huddersfield.

Evidently we're not learning from our mistakes. What's worse (and I agree with Dan LCFC on this completely) the style of play has gone to shit since Wood has come in. If you look back at that Huddersfield game (his first), none of the goals came from hoofs forward. We passed through them and he scored twice. Likewise against Bristol City. It doesn't work and won't work to smash the ball up to him.

This is all very reminiscent of after the Barnsley game. Delusions of grandeur etc.

The Huddersfield game was pretty much everything I thought Wood would add to our side, obviously I'm not expecting us to start winning 6-1 every week but I'm convinced without him that'd have been 3-0 at best and I maintain if we'd tried playing like that after, we'd be higher up the table. For some reason we've turned negative and it's really, really poor.

Here's my thoughts for what it's worth.

Before the game we all knew what Leeds were here to do. Get in our faces, waste time, foul and just generally play dirty. In the first half we dealt with this quite well and I thought we were the better team. The turning point for me was when Konchesky went off. People will ask "why didn't he put Whitbread on, and play 5-3-2" - I asked a similar thing.

I don't think we played too badly, we were wasteful in attack and generally contained Leeds quite well for most of the game. We didn't do too bad in the midfield battle, I don't think at any point did I feel that Leeds were particularly threatening other than that 10 minutes or so when they scored.

I think for the most part people are annoyed because Pearson perhaps should have been a bit more aware of the physical battle. When Marshall and Waghorn came on there was a noticeable difference. Waghorn puts himself about and is quite strong. He had a decent shot which should have led to a corner.

On reflection I think a point was a fair result. The ref didn't to anybody any favours, we needed a strong ref who was going to let the game flow. We got the complete polar opposite. It's always nice to get a last minute goal against Leeds, too.

Oh and one last thing. I wasn't that impressed with the Leeds fans in all honesty, they were loud but...pretty quiet in large parts?

We knew what they were going to do - but what's happened to the Leicester that gets an early goal? There's no manager I hate more going behind to than Warnock and I honestly feared massively that their baron away run was coming to an end, he's generally brilliant at holding onto leads and we're awful when going behind so it's massively refreshing to have scored.

93 mins of frustration and disappointment soon turned on it's side in L1 when we scored . The end went MENTAL lol!!

I was there for that game in which we last managed to actually beat Leeds at home, which is now nearly four years ago come Easter! It was of course when in lowly League One, a game which also saw us achieve the dubious honour of clinching the League One title thanks to Howard's 93rd minute header. Although our seeming elation was just born out of pure relief more than anything else - in that we would end up escaping the third tier at the first attempt - even so it capped off a remarkably efficient season in Pearson's first season and spell with us - and in a league that can never be entirely underestimated as teams like Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest have found to their cost in recent times - and as Cov. are finding out right now!

Much money and effort has been ploughed into the team since that time (resulting in an apparent £30 million loss last season through our failure to go up, changing management once again etc, etc) but in the light of our current sticky patch rearing it's early spring time head once again (like it has done for the past two seasons), are we any further on than when Pearson was here first time around I wonder, with a "momentum-like" team that then finished fifth in the Championship the following season after promotion and that being a league position that we're still clinging on to now - as opposed to consolidating!

We knew what they were going to do - but what's happened to the Leicester that gets an early goal? There's no manager I hate more going behind to than Warnock and I honestly feared massively that their baron away run was coming to an end, he's generally brilliant at holding onto leads and we're awful when going behind so it's massively refreshing to have scored.

I said this before the game, and early goal and we'll settle our nerves. I've just seen the highlights on FoxesPlayer, and we had 3 or 4 chances in the first 20 minutes that normally we'd see nestling in the back of the net. Whether we came out and were nervous in front of goal, or a lack of concentration - who knows.

But for 4 awesome saves from Kenny, we could have won 5-1.

Not a good performance, a poor game. Make no mistake though, Leeds threw it away, Warnock was quite happy to sit back at 1-0 with us disjointed rather than kill the game, and it came back to haunt him.

Need to improve rapidly against Sheffield Wednesday, and get a good win, like the Blackburn match.

I don't live locally, so only just heard the podcast. I don't think Nige was any more negative than normal. As others have said, there's absolutely no point him slamming the players in public, that wouldn't help anyone. I'm sure Ian is doing his best with the questions, but it is pretty clear from his tone of voice that Nige has very little respect for Ian, which is a shame. In truth, they both need each other. LCFC needs publicity, and Radio Leciester needs content. Someone needs to undertake some mediation behind the scenes

Running out of patience fast.

Played awful, not played well for 7 games now (And don't say Blackburn because lets be honest Blackburn we shocking, they made us look good).

We didn't deserve the equaliser, but we got it, better than nothing but we need points not a point.

why don't L1 sing anymore? Kop was louder than them tonight

Because of that stupid drum. They have become too reliant on it. They are waiting for their 'club appointed' leader to get them going.

Ditch the drum, L1 didn't have one there when it first became the area to stand and sing and wind up the away fans. I loved it then.

Now moved over to the Family stand near the away fans, its not always great, but we get a bit of an atmosphere there for some games. AND WE DON'T HAVE A DRUM THANK GOD!!!

That drum makes us a laughing stock. I've never liked the idea of a club 'appointing' or nominating someone to 'lead' the atmosphere.

Come on City

I said this before the game, and early goal and we'll settle our nerves. I've just seen the highlights on FoxesPlayer, and we had 3 or 4 chances in the first 20 minutes that normally we'd see nestling in the back of the net. Whether we came out and were nervous in front of goal, or a lack of concentration - who knows.

But for 4 awesome saves from Kenny, we could have won 5-1.

No. The save he made from knockys free kick was good for a short arse but the save from the overhead was straight at him and kingys header was again made to look good as he is short. It was a routine save.

Because of that stupid drum. They have become too reliant on it. They are waiting for their 'club appointed' leader to get them going.

Ditch the drum, L1 didn't have one there when it first became the area to stand and sing and wind up the away fans. I loved it then.

Now moved over to the Family stand near the away fans, its not always great, but we get a bit of an atmosphere there for some games. AND WE DON'T HAVE A DRUM THANK GOD!!!

That drum makes us a laughing stock. I've never liked the idea of a club 'appointing' or nominating someone to 'lead' the atmosphere.

Come on City

Didn't hear the family stand at all yesterday. Shame, because they sounded pretty good against Blackburn

Archived