Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Leeds Post Match Moaning

Got back a bit ago, needed to wash my hair first ;)

Same old problems in games like tonight, and that's the midfield, when the midfield don't perform, then the team as a whole doesn't seem to perform, the midfield doesn't seem to link well with the strikers. Knockaert was off tonight, very poor, wasn't impressed with Drinkwater either, thought his passing was shocking.

Only players I was impressed with tonight was most of the defence, Kasper made some very good saves and was very vocal, Morgan and Keane both were incredible, especially Keane I was very impressed with his performance as a whole, and De Laet did well again, especially in the air.

Poor result, poor performance, in games like tonight Pearson really needs to rectify the problems, because they are always the same problems, it's the midfield, they are too weak, either go missing or when on the ball they give it away too easily.

One more thing, Kane is not a winger, did well in the first half finding space, but went missing in the second half and was poor.

We need to sort it out, and sort it out quick.

Didn't hear it, what was said?

He was quite positive, saying he was pleased with the lads for snatching a point. I sort of zoned out a bit after that but he gave some short answers to questions about Konchesky and Futacs.

I would have liked him to have said the performances aren't good enough or something a long those lines (maybe he did say it and I wasn't really concentrating but I don't think he did). Then again with confidence low he probably wants them to savour the boost of a last minute equaliser.

I've heard angrier and more dismissive interviews tbf, seemed bog standard to me.

Why did we bring Dyer on at left back? I'm sure we had Zak Whitbread on the bench who used to play left back? Why Pearson. Why.

Pace. Anyway, onto the game.

Yet again we've failed to play to anywhere near to the level that we'd like to. Leeds came to frustrate us and they did it well enough. We have a big problem going 1-0 down, that being we don't have a clue what to do and just resort to long ball.

We never really got into any kind of flow and our threats came from long range. I thought we defended well enough and people must remember that the back four that started tonight has been the back four for a good two months.

It's not Dyer's fault that he was slung in there, even if he didn't have his greatest game.

At the minute we've got too many players that aren't really having enough impact on the game, with the worst thing being that they're the players that are our match winners, Knockaert, Wood and and Nugent.

Hopefully this last minute equaliser will give us a bit more Confidence going into Saturday and the kick up The backside we need.

Onto Saturday where we'll get fully back on track.

Think Np should have till the end of the season at least as sacking him now would be pointless despite my extreme dislike of the man. Personally would like Paolo Di Canio, but the arrogant bastard has to stay until the end of the season. He really doesn't help himself though does he?

Wellens in for drinky, danns in for king, gally in for knockeart, get Hume back on loan to go in for nuge. Wood out for Waggy, bring in solano for Marshall and of course Ricardo back for Kacper. Jesus guys get a grip!

The post match interview Pearson has just given was nothing short of disgusting.

He might not tolerate Stringer.. I don't give a shit!

I want answers to the questions. It's not Pearsons Club it's the fans club and to disregard that is not on!

I finished listening and thought he came across as an utter twat. If I were Stringer I'd have been fookin fumin...

:angry:

It has probably been said but I will say it again how shit were we certainly look like a side devoid of our free flowing passing game the passion of Kasper drew us that game he seemed to be the only played that gave a f**k imho.

I've said it before but I will repeat myself.

Elementary managerial error to change a winning team. This s##t run all started with the cup game At Huddersfield. A group of confident players playing good football in January are now looking like they have little confidence in each other.

I genuinely felt sorry for Dyer, he came on as LEFT BACK!!!! He was totally lost, then the oh so predictable change in 60 mins (Marshall for Knocky). Pearson really hasn't got a plan B has he.

One of the smallest squads??? Well stop falling out with everybody and shipping them out on loan you miserable git Pearson.

Oh and one last moan. The fat prat with the drum... He is a joke, he makes us a laughing stock.

End of moan. Come on City, pull it together.

Oh yeah.. " we all hate Leeds SCUM, we all hate Leeds SCUM"

What a child Pearson has just come across as in the post match interview. Really awful. Have a word with yourself Nigel you sounded utterly pathetic in that interview.

Again, very poor. Not a word of constructive criticism; no complaints at conceding from a corner, not a word on the lacklustre performance, nothing to suggest that he's told the players that more is required of them if we want to go up. He speaks as if they're fully meeting his expectations, but - what's worse - the feedback from the players suggests that this is the case, and they play that way too.

His actions over the past month or so have not hinted at a manager capable of winning this league and the players' constant bickering with fans or saying it was okay to lose in the Cup suggest that his slightly sour-faced defensiveness is rubbing off on them.

In the interview he simply wanted to return to complaining about the idiot who had a go at him, as if that was the message he wanted the fans to take home with them. Yes it was out of order but 'if you don't like it don't come' - why the 'you'? At times it felt like he was warning all of us rather than the one chap who lost his rag. And besides, who would seriously 'like' the way we're playing right now?

The results are not enough, on their own, for me to criticise the manager. But there's an apathy to his attitude which is alarming. I began to feel very worried after his post-match comments following the Wolves game ('I'll settle for this set of players' / 'we deserved the win') and it's all felt horribly predictable since then.

He said 'we'll see at the end of the season', as if he's decided that it's all going to turn out just fine. And I'm happy to give him the chance, until then at least. But I wonder if there's a little too much of the arrogance on his part these days, not quite enough openness to the possibility that, to earn promotion, we might first need to go back to the drawing board.

I've said it before but I will repeat myself.

Elementary managerial error to change a winning team. This s##t run all started with the cup game At Huddersfield. A group of confident players playing good football in January are now looking like they have little confidence in each other.

I genuinely felt sorry for Dyer, he came on as LEFT BACK!!!! He was totally lost, then the oh so predictable change in 60 mins (Marshall for Knocky). Pearson really hasn't got a plan B has he.

One of the smallest squads??? Well stop falling out with everybody and shipping them out on loan you miserable git Pearson.

Oh and one last moan. The fat prat with the drum... He is a joke, he makes us a laughing stock.

End of moan. Come on City, pull it together.

Oh yeah.. " we all hate Leeds SCUM, we all hate Leeds SCUM"

Agreed bring back Wellens should never have got rid of Danns

What was said?

He answered every question like he was winning points against stringer.

"When we dominate teams we usually do so with plenty of width, has that been lacking in recent games?"

What do you mean?

(Isn't it fecking obvious??).

"Konchesky went off at half time - what happened?"

He went off at half time

"Was he injured?"

Yes.

It was the attitude that he petulantly answered the questions as well .... like he was 14 years old and was being questioned by teacher about something he hadn't done.

I have been trying not to hate the bloke for a while ..... but that's the final nail in the coffin for me. I can't wait to see him sacked.

If he thinks that is the behaviour of a leader then it's clear to see that he will never be a leader. Just disgraceful.

Archived