Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

The problem for me is...

There are 2 problems for me at the moment.

1) We have no link between the midfield and attack. We've got to where we are this season by playing quick, passing on the floor attacking football. Chris Wood in my opinion is a brilliant goal scorer but he doesn't suit the type of football we play so well. He's always calling for the long ball never drops short to give an outlet to the midfield and then doesn't challenge for the ball when it's played to him, he's too busy focused on the defenders instead of the ball. He tries to play on the shoulder of the last man and doesn't have the pace to do it.

The midfield need an outlet, people are always complaining that Drinky/King pass it backwards or sidewards but nobody in front of them show for the ball and they have two options, keep possession by playing it across/backwards or lumping it long. Harry Kane looked very good when played upfront and dropped off the play and took a deeper role which helped create chances. He is not a winger and looks awful there!

2) The players have no fight. When you lose form and your technique is below your best you have to fight hard and try and work your way to a successful result. Nothing is going right for the players on the pitch but instead of challenging and pressuring the opposition they are resorting to moaning at the ref and arguing amongst themselves. No one appears to have the courage and backbone to stand up and be counted. That isn't Pearson's fault but he needs to see that playing the side in its current shape of Kane on the left and Nuge/Wood upfront just isn't working.

There are 2 problems for me at the moment.

1) We have no link between the midfield and attack. We've got to where we are this season by playing quick, passing on the floor attacking football. Chris Wood in my opinion is a brilliant goal scorer but he doesn't suit the type of football we play so well. He's always calling for the long ball never drops short to give an outlet to the midfield and then doesn't challenge for the ball when it's played to him, he's too busy focused on the defenders instead of the ball. He tries to play on the shoulder of the last man and doesn't have the pace to do it.

The midfield need an outlet, people are always complaining that Drinky/King pass it backwards or sidewards but nobody in front of them show for the ball and they have two options, keep possession by playing it across/backwards or lumping it long. Harry Kane looked very good when played upfront and dropped off the play a deeper role which helped create chances. He is not a winger and looks awful there!

2) The players have no fight. When you lose form and your technique is below your best you have to fight hard and try and work your way to a successful result. Nothing is going right for the players on the pitch but instead of challenging and pressuring the opposition they are resorting to moaning at the ref and arguing amongst themselves. No one appears to have the courage and backbone to stand up and be counted. That isn't Pearson's fault but he needs to see that playing the side in its current shape of Kane on the left and Nuge/Wood upfront just isn't working.

I agree with number 2, we seem to be devoid of any sort of character.

I think the players have plenty of fight and effort, what they are lacking is confidence.

We seem to get 30 yards out and run out of ideas, pass it about aimlessly for 30 seconds then either lose the ball or put in a poor cross. A few months ago we we attacking at pace with great confidence and scoring for fun.

Thing that worries me and I know the old 'No players go out there to play badly/lose' cliche but the only player that looks 'up for it' and looks like he wants to win is Schmeichel, I have serious got to question if any of the others are really up for it or bothered.

Most notably Nugent, who earlier in the season you would never have thought it. Nugent seems very unhappy atm and it's quite obvious (To me anyway, Heard a few other mention is too).

I suppose i'm going down the 'pashun' route though.

I'd rather players with skill and something to help the team/change a game rather than someone who runs round like a headless chicken showing 'pashun'. Unfortunately the players in our team at the moment are showing neither.

I agree with number 2, we seem to be devoid of any sort of character.

One of the main traits our manager looks for in players - less chance of personality clashes, backchat etc. Unfortunately this becomes a weakness when they step out on the field.

Thing that worries me and I know the old 'No players go out there to play badly/lose' cliche but the only player that looks 'up for it' and looks like he wants to win is Schmeichel, I have serious got to question if any of the others are really up for it or bothered.

Most notably Nugent, who earlier in the season you would never have thought it. Nugent seems very unhappy atm and it's quite obvious (To me anyway, Heard a few other mention is too).

I suppose i'm going down the 'pashun' route though.

I'd rather players with skill and something to help the team/change a game rather than someone who runs round like a headless chicken showing 'pashun'. Unfortunately the players in our team at the moment are showing neither.

No natural leader/tough bloke/ nasty bastard on the pitch?

The team is just too fookin nice I think.

Then again, said that before.

I meant character as in fighting spirit, who can come back from bad situations to win.

Said it many times before, but the last few games has proved how average Drinkwater is, you could tell especially today that he isn't a very good player.

He turns on the ball too often, passes sideways too often, takes too many touches which slows play down, therefore let's teams get behind the ball, and his passing at times is rubbish.

I'm sorry and I'm in no mood to get into arguments or something, but he is a very key player for us, the midfield is very very key, they break and start attacks, and when Drinkwater and King have no urgency, we don't go anywhere, we fail make anything happen in the final third, because of them.

The amount of times Drinkwater slowed it down and took too many touches, was absolutely ridiculous.

I gave him credit at the beginning of the season, because he was our most improved player, but now he is starting to perform like he did at the back end of last season, when we signed him, and that is average.

We have no steel in midfield, and we have no creative spark.

Said it many times before, but the last few games has proved how average Drinkwater is, you could tell especially today that he isn't a very good player.

He turns on the ball too often, passes sideways too often, takes too many touches which slows play down, therefore let's teams get behind the ball, and his passing at times is rubbish.

I'm sorry and I'm in no mood to get into arguments or something, but he is a very key player for us, the midfield is very very key, they break and start attacks, and when Drinkwater and King have no urgency, we don't go anywhere, we fail make anything happen in the final third, because of them.

The amount of times Drinkwater slowed it down and took too many touches, was absolutely ridiculous.

I gave him credit at the beginning of the season, because he was our most improved player, but now he is starting to perform like he did at the back end of last season, when we signed him, and that is average.

We have no steel in midfield, and we have no creative spark.

Didn't you and I try to say this at the start of the season KF?

I think we did?

our problem is ( has been for 2 years ) failure to boss the midfield , doent matter how much your convinced King is a world-beater he is simple useless

He isn't useless, but he's useless in the way Pearson is utilising him. Played far too deep in a variety of tactically bizarre formations today, none of which had any impact.

Didn't you and I try to say this at the start of the season KF?

I think we did?

Yes we did, and hardly anybody listened.

In some games you need certain types of players, but Drinkwater and King are too similar to be partnered together, they perform well, when the opposition midfield is similar to ours, but they struggle when teams are messy, aggressive or sit behind the ball. Drinkwater was shit today, no other word to describe him, he pissed me off with his negative play, and his slowing down of play, he didn't look forward, he took about 4-5 touches, which then let Sheff Wed get 10 men behind the ball, which then frustrates us.

Sheffield Wednesday were a scrappy team, aggressive but in a scrappy way, and yet again Drinkwater and King hardly coped.

Regardless if January was a good month for us, we should of signed Liam Trotter, because the lack of depth and the same three in midfield, is coming back to bite us, and bite us hard.

We need a Steve Walsh style leader, who both his own players and the opposition don't want to mess with. Probably still hated, but Denis wise style midfielder, nasty little so and so with limited skill and ability but did the dirty work well. The question is who is out there who fits the bill and would want to come.

Again we got out muscle in midfield same tues against leeds and again today people need to get in real world as we cant sign a trotter at minute , everyone was moaning when I said put keane in a 3 man midfield then drink and king could have a chance to make something happen ! He wins it and does the simple things good again our best player

Anybody else think we are too disciplined... what happened to a few big flying tackles and bullying opposition players? Remember that play off game in Cardiff when Chopra kicked Wellens in the head? The whole bench jumped up, even Conrad Logan was going nuts... can you see that happening again? Team spirit is low and need some more aggression.

Archived