Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

You couldn't make it up

Have updates about Leicester city come up on my Facebook news feed. Just took a look and it had a story about the "teletext striker".

Yes Mr Roy Essandoh. Made me think about how ridiculous that story was and how things like this seem to happen to leicester a lot. We seem to have remarkable bad luck.

Arguably a pivotal moment in our history. Still horrified by the fact Laurie Sanchez is on the FA Cup show highlights celebrating the winner, sickens me.

Really was the start of where it all began to go wrong. If we had won that game, imagine how different things could have been now

Wasn't it just before the home play-off leg against Cardiff that Wayne Brown caused his big upset by admitting to the players he'd voted for or sympathised, can't remember which with the EDL or some other racist party and contributed to a poor display and a home defeat.

Or did I dream it.

Really was the start of where it all began to go wrong. If we had won that game, imagine how different things could have been now

People that still come out with this crap really annoy me. How can you blame one game for years of rubbish ahead! Teams in the prem lose to lower league opposition all the time and dont let it effect them.

Wasn't it just before the home play-off leg against Cardiff that Wayne Brown caused his big upset by admitting to the players he'd voted for or sympathised, can't remember which with the EDL or some other racist party and contributed to a poor display and a home defeat.

Or did I dream it.

BNP I believe. What an absolute tool.

the wycombe game is where tater peeler was found out for what he was, a clueless idiot out of his depth, previous to that he'd been running on MON's coat tails and even got us top at one point. That game isn't the reason, it was just where it all became obvious he had no clue, and he'd spent us into oblvion buying garbage like akinbye, and his mate junior lewis.

People that still come out with this crap really annoy me. How can you blame one game for years of rubbish ahead! Teams in the prem lose to lower league opposition all the time and dont let it effect them.

I don't see that game as the only reason we went down the pan but it certainly had a knock-on effect. I am just pointing out the fact that we were at a crossroads where we starting to drop under Taylor but if we had won that game it may well have galvanised us, put us into the Semi's and hopefully given us the lift we needed to finish a bit higher. All those things equal more money and being able to attract better players so it could have made a huge difference and you are naive to believe that there was no possibility that winning that game could have resulted in a very different outcome for our club.

It was a clear turning point as we could have won the up that year if we had progressed and seemed to signal the last chance of glory we had in those wonderful years. Of course it was on a downward turn overall but that was the last chance to grab a bit more.

It was a clear turning point as we could have won the up that year if we had progressed and seemed to signal the last chance of glory we had in those wonderful years. Of course it was on a downward turn overall but that was the last chance to grab a bit more.

Can still remember that sick feeling in my stomache after the game, a feeling I have never otherwise experienced . . . Oh wait a minute apart from meeting the ex-wife

Agree with most of the sentiment here...was a turning point. Shook our confidence, hastened relegation and administration pretty much completed the nosedive - and we've never really recovered. If we'd won that, things might have been different.

If anything all it did was speed up the inevitable because we had a clueless manager!

I don't see that game as the only reason we went down the pan but it certainly had a knock-on effect. I am just pointing out the fact that we were at a crossroads where we starting to drop under Taylor but if we had won that game it may well have galvanised us, put us into the Semi's and hopefully given us the lift we needed to finish a bit higher. All those things equal more money and being able to attract better players so it could have made a huge difference and you are naive to believe that there was no possibility that winning that game could have resulted in a very different outcome for our club.

I disagree that Wycombe game changed the course of history! If we had won we'd of got beaten by Liverpool anyway and our run probably wouldnt of been much different. The reason Taylor was doing alright by Christmas was because our team wasnt much different seeing as we still had Lennon, Muzzy and Sav in midfield so even though MON had gone our team was pretty good still(No Emile obviously).

We lost Lennon to Celtic in Jan and I think we lost 6-0 to Arsenal first game after that? then although between Jan&March we still won a few games and was in 4th in march!(Yeh amazing right!?), we clearly wernt the same team, the we lost to Wycombe and we got beaten like 8 games in a row or something pathetic so people single out the Wycombe game, however IMO its clear Neil Lennon was the difference, we didnt replace him(how can you though tbh?).

Look at Liverpool 08/09 season they should of won the league! Xabi Alonso leaves, look whats happened since? a major drop by their standards! When you lose the medfield playmaker in a succesful era, the whole dynamics of the way you play change!

IMO Neil Lennon was probably the best player to ever play for us.

I disagree that Wycombe game changed the course of history! If we had won we'd of got beaten by Liverpool anyway and our run probably wouldnt of been much different. The reason Taylor was doing alright by Christmas was because our team wasnt much different seeing as we still had Lennon, Muzzy and Sav in midfield so even though MON had gone our team was pretty good still(No Emile obviously).

We lost Lennon to Celtic in Jan and I think we lost 6-0 to Arsenal first game after that? then although between Jan&March we still won a few games and was in 4th in march!(Yeh amazing right!?), we clearly wernt the same team, the we lost to Wycombe and we got beaten like 8 games in a row or something pathetic so people single out the Wycombe game, however IMO its clear Neil Lennon was the difference, we didnt replace him(how can you though tbh?).

Look at Liverpool 08/09 season they should of won the league! Xabi Alonso leaves, look whats happened since? a major drop by their standards! When you lose the medfield playmaker in a succesful era, the whole dynamics of the way you play change!

IMO Neil Lennon was probably the best player to ever play for us.

Having just beaten them the week before? And several times in the previous seasons?

If we'd beaten Wycombe there is no way we'd have collapsed so badly. We'd have beaten the three struggling teams in home games (Coventry, Man City and Boro) and probably nicked a win away, leaving us about 9th at the end of the season, with at least a cup semi-final.

Having just beaten them the week before? And several times in the previous seasons?

If we'd beaten Wycombe there is no way we'd have collapsed so badly. We'd have beaten the three struggling teams in home games (Coventry, Man City and Boro) and probably nicked a win away, leaving us about 9th at the end of the season, with at least a cup semi-final.

I agree we probably wouldnt have collapsed so badly THAT season. However I feel the team was in decline particuly like I said after Lennon went, so IMO the 01/02 season would of still ended how it did mainly because in the close window Peter Taylor didnt build a good enough squad from scratch.

If he had done a better job in the summer we could of built a new succesfull era but he didnt have the tactical nous or the eye for a good signing in the transfer window and the Bolton game it was clear too see our time had well and truly ended...

Archived