Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Team for Barnsley

The whole thing is now a blooming mess. We still can make the PO's, so we can't just write the season off and throw the kids in. However, right now we look like we might never score a goal again, so we can't stick with what we've got. The fringe players are no better than what we've got. Therefore we need a manager to get more out of what we've got, (right now that's not happening), or change the way we set up, (4-4-f'ing2, lest we forget). Finding a balance is tough. Really tough. Our forwards are so off-form, I cannot see the point in picking two of them ! Waste of a selection. If we only play one, Nugent doesn't hold the ball up and just runs into cul-de-sacs; Wood looks like a rugby player (so top-heavy) and is alarmingly easy to knock off the ball. The inconvenient truth (for me) is that with one up top, Waggy plays that role better than anyone else at the club. We are a soft touch at the back atm. More physicality needed. The ball seems to 'stick' on the edge of our area for far too long. Whitbread is the most physical defender (for me) that we have. Konch ? Schlupp ? One for now ? One for next season ??? We are still in this ... no matter how crap we are atm. So. To try and inject much needed pace in attack, I'd go with -

Kasper

Moore Keane Whitbread Konch

DD James

RDL Knocky Schlupp

Waggy

Starting 11 Monday? Thoughts?

Kasper

De Laet

Moore

Keane

Konch

King

James

Knocky

Schlupp

Nugent

Wood

Subs:

Logan

Whitbread

Dyer

Marshall

Waggy

Kane

6 subs random

Kasper

de Laet Keane Whitbread Konchesky

Knockaert James King Dyer

Wood Schlupp

Logan, Moore, Drinkwater, Marshall, Nugent, Kane, Gallagher

Have 2 changing rooms, one normal and a second room filled with Mosquitos or the lads from Dr BJs salon in Bangkok (top has ties with the Thai government and can sort cheap flights), tell the players if they don't win they have to get changed in the one with the Mosquitos or nurses. Fancy getting bit to shit lads or molestered by a tranny? No, didnt think so. Win a game football then. Bastards.

I think a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 counter-attacking match would be a good idea for this match. Whitbread in for the suspended Morgan, with Moore on the bench. As much as I would love Moore to play, I'm extremely uneasy about the youth of a Moore-Keane centre-back partnership. The midfield is probably best made up of James, King, and Drinky/Wellens in the middle of the park, with Schlupp/Dyer and Knockaert on either wings. I honestly have no idea who to choose in the striker slot(s) though...All of our strikers seem to be out of form at he moment...what on earth is happening?

Archived