Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Chris Powell

I tried to gauge opinion on him on another thread but think it got lost in another debate. What would people think about him coming in? He is apparently well liked and respected by people in the game so maybe the players would really want to succeed for him?

Might aswel stick with pearson rather than go for his clone.

Wanted Powell to take over when Sousa got the sack but we went with the big name of Sven. I think he would have done a good job, would have kept the continuation of the first successful Pearson era, and seem to connect well with the team. Now I think that chance has passed us by, and employing him as manager now wouldn't have the same effect.

It would be a gamble. Wouldn't be an inspired appointment for me but sometimes these things work. At the moment anyone other than O'Neil or RDM and I'd be at least a little disappointed.

I watched an interview with Chris Powell where he praised NP and said that he was a big influence on his style of management. I've nothing against the man but if you're looking for something completely different to NP you may want to look elsewhere.

urgh, but if we appoint McDermott imagine how boring his interviews will be. Plus he looks like an egg.

He can bore the tits off me if he gets results.

Remember the press clown that was Holloway - be careful what you wish for

Having said that, I'm not a huge McDermott fan, but he did a decent job.

Archived