Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Our Players Must Share The Blame!

Our players must share the blame for our dismal show recently.

Each and every one of them should take a step back and ask themselves a few questions,

Here's one to start with: Did I put a good honest shift in?

They are professional footballers on dam good money and should put in a top performance every time they put the Leicester City shirt on, regardless of what position they are told to play in or what they think of the manager, they get paid to play football!

NP has proved he can manage this team and kept them in a top six position for most of this season,

he has lead them to 2nd spot of the championship but it is was up to them and their individual performance's to stay there!

Its like the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

You would think, if the manager picks a player for the starting 11, then that player should reward you with a top performance for

the trust and belief the manger has showed in you,

They must all take a leaf out of Kasper Schmeichel's book!

Damn right they should. Pearson could be blamed for personnel, formation, tactics, but the players should know how to pass a ball to each other, to be able to beat the first man from corners, to move into space.

Agree

However, in football it's always the manager who carries the can.

I thought the second half vs Millwall could have been a turning point.

We were obviously shellshocked after Morgan's red and sat back in the first, conceding lots of shots on goal... but at half time NP got us playing in the opponents half, it wasn't as fancy as it has been through most of the season but we were doing ok, especially with 10 and were by far the better side - Perhaps that late sucker punch of a goal knocked the stuffing out of us, again.

Yeah they should take some blame, but at the end of the day, Pearson is the manager/the leader of that squad he has picked.

(** note I am a massive Pearson fan and I don't want him to be sacked, but the above is what I think in most walks of life).

Agree

However, in football it's always the manager who carries the can.

I thought the second half vs Millwall could have been a turning point.

We were obviously shellshocked after Morgan's red and sat back in the first, conceding lots of shots on goal... but at half time NP got us playing in the opponents half, it wasn't as fancy as it has been through most of the season but we were doing ok, especially with 10 and were by far the better side - Perhaps that late sucker punch of a goal knocked the stuffing out of us, again.

I agree. That, in combination with Cardiff away are potential turning points for us. Unfortunately, our players didn't then have the balls to go into the next game, take a risk or two but at least give it their all. Yet it's the manager who seems to get 100% of the blame all the time.

I can't ever honestly see this club getting promoted to the Premier League. Maybe that's not even such a bad thing.

I'm not saying that we are going to turn this season around and by the looks of it we are gonna finish with a whimper rather than a bang. But if we by some miracle finish in the playoffs and gain promotion l can't wait to abuse all you bandwagon, kick a man while he's down, "loyal fans".

That's right I'm talking about Pearson. All season he's done a massive job building solid foundations for us to progress after the awful mediocrity we had before. We've been playing well all season hence being top 6 regulars, if our away form was anywhere near as good as our home form we would be challenging Cardiff.

The players are who the fans should be looking at for someone to blame. It's inconceivable that a group of professional footballers can just give up and betray the trust of their manager. We have a group of spineless individuals (Kasper, Wes and a few others excluded) who just don't care enough about the ambitions of everybody around them to put a bit of hard work in when it's not quite going right.

The abuse Pearson is copping right now, it's a free country, you can say what you like but just remember if it does turn around you're all a bunch of hypocritical, fickle "fans".

I'm not saying that we are going to turn this season around and by the looks of it we are gonna finish with a whimper rather than a bang. But if we by some miracle finish in the playoffs and gain promotion l can't wait to abuse all you bandwagon, kick a man while he's down, "loyal fans".

That's right I'm talking about Pearson. All season he's done a massive job building solid foundations for us to progress after the awful mediocrity we had before. We've been playing well all season hence being top 6 regulars, if our away form was anywhere near as good as our home form we would be challenging Cardiff.

The players are who the fans should be looking at for someone to blame. It's inconceivable that a group of professional footballers can just give up and betray the trust of their manager. We have a group of spineless individuals (Kasper, Wes and a few others excluded) who just don't care enough about the ambitions of everybody around them to put a bit of hard work in when it's not quite going right.

The abuse Pearson is copping right now, it's a free country, you can say what you like but just remember if it does turn around you're all a bunch of hypocritical, fickle "fans".

:appl:

Great post.

Deep down I hope it all works out for him. It's just nowadays people think you can gain success overnight. I hope he stays on and proves everybody wrong. What a turnaround that would be.

So glad this thread was started as I'm sick to death of all the ugly, fickle posts on Foxestalk at the minute.

If anything the problem looks like it lies with the players and their attitude.

I hope Pearson isn't sacked and the players finally take the responsibility to play as we know they can do.

Great post!

Does anybody actually know of any rifts between the players and Nige?

And by this he means actual rifts, not unsubstantiated rumour.

Perhaps we wouldn't see such gutless performances from certain individuals if they knew that it was their job on the line, not their boss's.

And yes, like most people, I don't get angry with the players if they're at least doing the basics right and showing a little bit of endeavour. What I can't stand is when you see players making mistakes that you'd be pissed off with if you were playing down the park. Why can nobody take a consistently good corner? Why do simple, short passes go astray? Why are we having to resort of hoofball because nobody can find a bit of space (this could be down to organised defending, but then we should be capable of that too)?

The Millwall goal pissed me off because I could see it coming a mile off, and I'm sure Pearson was pulling his hair out over the amount of time and space their fucking right back was afforded. Any professional footballer should be able to track their man, because it's such a simple thing to do. I get pissed off with team mates playing 5-a-side if they can't do simple things like that, so I can't imagine how I'd react if I was stood on the sidelines with my job at risk.

Not saying Pearson isn't responsible for our downslide, but I agree with what's been said. He can only do so much, and if his players aren't pulling their weight then I don't know what else he's supposed to do.

Great post mate! I completely agree, can't believe some of our 'fans', completely forgetting everything Pearson's done for us previously, wishing him the sack etc etc. Ridiculous behaviour. I'd love Pearson to stay and get us up, the reactions would be hilarious!

Who signed these 'spineless players'?

Support the team not the manager.

Support the team? Sorry to tell you mate but the manager, the coaching staff, the physios, the sport science staff and the kit man are all part of the team just as much as the players are. The "team" that you refer to needs all of those components to be able to go out there on a match day and win. Supporting Leicester City means you support all of the members of the club because the players can't do their job without the backroom staff and vice versa. So stop being so short minded and get behind the club, if the club sack Pearson then you can say what you like about him but at the minute he's still part of the "team" and clearly cares about the club and wants us to succeed.

Archived