Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brighton Match Thread

But the 2 man midfield will be over-ran & outnumbered... and NP would be called stubborn for not adapting

He just can't win with fans opinions. Damned if he does & damned if he doesn't.

------------------

Brighton have only conceded 3 home goals all season.

We can't score at the best of times

Tough to say the least.

But 4-3-3 when we play it usually leaves the central striker isolated and when we have the likes of King/Drinkwater in the middle we'll always be overrun when things aren't going our way because whenever we go behind both go hiding

Is that right ? That's astonishing ! Hadn't picked up on that. That must be getting close to some sort of seasonal record ? Nuge treble will severely dent that !!

Hahahha no it's not

they've only lost 3, I read the stat wrong.

De Laet is great going forward.

I have doubts about him in defence... He was soft on Monday and nowhere to be seen for Barnsleys first goal. Ok, it was an own goal, but Keane had two players to deal with. The game before at Millwall, De Laet was soft in the tackle and the player who got the assist guided himself around De Laet easy. Millwall away was the same.

We do concede a lot if goals down the right (and left as well). I just rate Moore as a more solid defender, but probably not as good going forward.

Couldn't agree more.

As ive said all season, this all depends if you want a full back who is quick at getting forward but suspect defensively (DeLaet) or one who stays put and doesn't leave holes (Moore).

Personally, today I'd have gone for the latter and I hope it pays dividends

Bet you think peltier is a better option and jeff at left back....

This exactly sums up what is wrong with our support.

Opinion: A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I just said De Laet could improve in defence. That's it. It's my opinion.

You might have a different opinion, you probably do, if I look at your post.

I'll answer people who question my opinion or whatever (like I have in my previous post) but I don't generally appreciate 'this sums up what is wrong with our support'. No it doesn't. My support has been good again this season, I've attended most home games and a few away games. I've got the right to form an opinion which might not be wrong, or right. Just like everyone else.

Couldn't agree more.

As ive said all season, this all depends if you want a full back who is quick at getting forward but suspect defensively (DeLaet) or one who stays put and doesn't leave holes (Moore).

Personally, today I'd have gone for the latter and I hope it pays dividends

It's a shame that our left back can neither defend nor attack

Opinion: A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I just said De Laet could improve in defence. That's it. It's my opinion.

You might have a different opinion, you probably do, if I look at your post.

I'll answer people who question my opinion or whatever (like I have in my previous post) but I don't generally appreciate 'this sums up what is wrong with our support'. No it doesn't. My support has been good again this season, I've attended most home games and a few away games. I've got the right to form an opinion which might not be wrong, or right. Just like everyone else.

:thumbup:

Nugent out wide is completely wasting the player. I hope he's in his natural role, down the middle and playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

I personally feel that Nugent is best in a wide position in a 4-3-3... it's where he played for Preston and Portsmouth.

Bet you think peltier is a better option and jeff at left back....

No I don't, but what if I do?

I'm not hurting you with my opinion.

I seem to think that people like you want everyone else to share the same opinion as you. No.

Nugent out wide is completely wasting the player. I hope he's in his natural role, down the middle and playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

You can say the same about Schlupp tbh, he certainly doesn't have ball skills to frequently beat his man out wide.

why did RDL get dropped? Even at Barnsley I thought he was the 3rd worst defender for us (the other 2 being Whitbread and Konch). RDL has been one of our only players to have been putting in decent performances. After Barnsleys display Konch would have been the full back I'd have dropped.

why did RDL get dropped? Even at Barnsley I thought he was the 3rd worst defender for us (the other 2 being Whitbread and Konch). RDL has been one of our only players to have been putting in decent performances. After Barnsleys display Konch would have been the full back I'd have dropped.

To be fair, Moore has never put a foot wrong for us whilst playing at right back and put in a very assured performance when he came on at Barnsley and rightly keeps his place.

Archived