Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brighton Match Thread

No he's poor defensively. Moore is a more solid right back. De Laet is good going forward, but see how many goals come down the right.

I like Moore at RB too but De Laet has definitely been the better of the 2 regular full backs, no question about it. Konchesky has been poor for large parts of this season.

Looks an excellent side to me. I'd have played Knocky instead of Marshall but i'd love to see Marshy have a good game.

Gwon Marsheh.

It could just be that Marshall has got fire in his belly and something to prove after last week's episode ?? Hope so !

433 confirmed by Shakey

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

King - Drinkwater - James

Marshall - Nugent - Schlupp

Because we always play fantastic 4-3-3. We are a 4-4-2 team and this just shows NP stubbornness/ scared to play schlupp in his natural striking role

It's all down to confidence. we need a solid start. No early goal against us. If we can fluke one in on the attack it'll be our day in the biggest game of the season so far.

I hate the look of that 3 man midfield need Knockaert in there ideally with Drinkwater and James as the two holding midfielders.

Knocky hasn't been looking good lately. he'll be better coming on with 30 mins to go.

Good changes, needed to be made, glad Schlupp's upfront, glad Wood has been chucked out.

TBH i'd have been tempted to make more changes, even if it meant chucking youth in, they couldn't do a much worse job.

I think it's a good formation, just not convinced Nugent is good enough at holding the ball up to be the lone striker. Keep saying this (why oh why doesn't NP listen to me ??) but Waggy is the best we have at that role imo. That striker has GOT to be able to hold the ball until support arrives from deep or flanks or we'll be forever chasing the game. Nugent is our best goal threat, though so we can't have it both ways, I guess ?

Because we always play fantastic 4-3-3. We are a 4-4-2 team and this just shows NP stubbornness/ scared to play schlupp in his natural striking role

But the 2 man midfield will be over-ran & outnumbered... and NP would be called stubborn for not adapting

He just can't win with fans opinions. Damned if he does & damned if he doesn't.

------------------

Brighton have only conceded 3 home goals all season.

We can't score at the best of times

Tough to say the least.

I think it's a good formation, just not convinced Nugent is good enough at holding the ball up to be the lone striker. Keep saying this (why oh why doesn't NP listen to me ??) but Waggy is the best we have at that role imo. That striker has GOT to be able to hold the ball until support arrives from deep or flanks or we'll be forever chasing the game. Nugent is our best goal threat, though so we can't have it both ways, I guess ?

This formation would have suited Waggy you're right! Should have gone for him instead of Marshall if they wanted to play 4-3-3 so bad and then let the 3 front men keep rotating positions

Literally, what have you been watching. All the best then not having his pace against Buckley running at our full backs today then. Seriously confused how you think dropping De Laet is a good thing.

The right is by far our strongest defensive side

And without RDL on the overlap we could be short in numbers in attack

I'd have played RDL at LB & Moore at RB

Konch is stealing his (Liverpool class) wages from us and has been all season. Disgraceful situation.

De Laet is great going forward.

I have doubts about him in defence... He was soft on Monday and nowhere to be seen for Barnsleys first goal. Ok, it was an own goal, but Keane had two players to deal with. The game before at Millwall, De Laet was soft in the tackle and the player who got the assist guided himself around De Laet easy. Millwall away was the same.

We do concede a lot if goals down the right (and left as well). I just rate Moore as a more solid defender, but probably not as good going forward.

But the 2 man midfield will be over-ran & outnumbered... and NP would be called stubborn for not adapting

He just can't win with fans opinions. Damned if he does & damned if he doesn't.

------------------

Brighton have only conceded 3 home goals all season.

We can't score at the best of times

Tough to say the least.

Is that right ? That's astonishing ! Hadn't picked up on that. That must be getting close to some sort of seasonal record ? Nuge treble will severely dent that !!

Hopefully Marshall will come back with avengence after his antics against Barnsley. Looks like we are predominately trying to counteract Brightons advantages rather than push our own, put I have confidence that the defense will hold out. What worrys me is up front, but for the first time all season we have options on the bench.

Archived