Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Engagement

I was wondering why I feel so disengaged from the football and from the club at the moment, and I know I put this down to the manager.

But rather than this be a manager bash thread I wonder if the Mods / Mark could have a look at the stats for the site usage over a longer term (seems a good indicator of engagement) and see if there is a trend of disengagement or just my own feeling that maybe just a personal thing??

I would imagine that taking out the big event spikes, like a change in manager that the long term stats of number of posts would give a decent indicator of engagement?

Anecdotally I do find most of my friends a little tired and disinterested. But I'm a stats driven person and would love to know the site usage stats as a barometer....

Cheers.

Isolating the underlying impact of the club's success on site usage is pretty much impossible. You'll always be able to spot the big events like change of managers, new owners, big games, etc but I don't think you can get transparency on the actual club engagement levels by using this site as a proxy.

The site appears to be more popular than ever but I don't think it is in any way correlated to what is happening at the club. I think it's more likely driven by natual site growth as more people become aware of it, the increase in use of social media / forums as a means of communication / finding out news and the improvements made to the site over the past months / years.

I was wondering why I feel so disengaged from the football and from the club at the moment, and I know I put this down to the manager.

But rather than this be a manager bash thread I wonder if the Mods / Mark could have a look at the stats for the site usage over a longer term (seems a good indicator of engagement) and see if there is a trend of disengagement or just my own feeling that maybe just a personal thing??

I would imagine that taking out the big event spikes, like a change in manager that the long term stats of number of posts would give a decent indicator of engagement?

Anecdotally I do find most of my friends a little tired and disinterested. But I'm a stats driven person and would love to know the site usage stats as a barometer....

Cheers.

Surely as time goes on Foxestalk will continue to grow no matter what as with any business/website if its the best within its target audience.

So I don't think it would be a good indicator of engagement.

To find out your question just hop on to here when we next lose.

After 50 years of supporting LCFC I reached my nadir of despair/disengagement during the duplicitous Mandaric ownership and even the eventual fall under the Holloway management from the top two tiers of English football for the first time didn't take me any lower just made me angry at how avoidable it was.

I'm still trundling along the bottom but i think it has little to do with managers or even performances having seen worse under the likes of McLintock. Football still has drama but we're so disconnected from the players, there's no sense of awe and wonder, so much is simply unachievable as it has all been degraded to just be about money. The price of seeing your team, the outrageous wages, which i believe has become a catalyst for cheating and has ripped the humour and humanity out of the game. Add to this the ridiculous transfer fees, the mountains of debt and the corrupt footballing authorities they have all driven a wedge between me and the game I used to love.

Set aside that lot the manager we have seems a tad insignificant in determining my engagement levels

Cheers.

Stats have grown for this place year on year so hard to get anything from it. Good and bad things also generate big numbers. I think I am correct in saying the busiest day in FT history was 19th Jan just after Boro when we were on a good run.

My lack of interest in football was here long before Pearson arrived, mildly interrupted by the excitement of spending loads of cash on shit players. It will probably be here long after he has gone, whether we are in the premier or not.

Cheers.

I've become more & more disengaged from football over the years - this is partly to do with high money era we're in and partly to do with getting older and mortgage, debt & family taking over more of my life

With regards to our club, I became disengaged with Leicester more & more under Manderic's revolving door of managers (& endless changeover of players that came with them)... which if Pearson was to sacked shows no signs of abating if we end up looking for our 5th manager in 3 years.

The players who arrived under Sven completely turned me off, obviously all players care about their paypackets and financial security just like we all do, but in the Sven era it came to the fore and the club was completely alien to me... the signings who've arrived since have put some faith & a sense of 'belonging' back - although even that is obviously tested by the form over the past two months.

Cheers.

Doubt the stats would show what you think - more like the complete opposite. You look at a post match thread when we've beaten a team 2 or 3 nil. It'd probably be about 4 or 5 pages. Lose 1 or 2 nil? That thread will run and run and run.

There is certainly a trend on this message board that a lot of people tend to come out of the woodwork when things are going badly, yet they're nowhere to be seen when things are going well. This isn't an attack on anybody in particular, just something that I - and I'm sure a lot of other people - have observed.

Stats have grown for this place year on year so hard to get anything from it. Good and bad things also generate big numbers. I think I am correct in saying the busiest day in FT history was 19th Jan just after Boro when we were on a good run.

My lack of interest in football was here long before Pearson arrived, mildly interrupted by the excitement of spending loads of cash on shit players. It will probably be here long after he has gone, whether we are in the premier or not.

My birthday :thumbup::whistle:

I've not become disengaged with football per se. I doubt I ever will.

One of my favourite things to do recreationally is to lie on my sofa in my lounge on a Sunday afternoon watching the Premiership games.

I've become a little disillusioned with City though.

For me, this started mainly under Sven. I couldn't see then and certainly can't see now all the kerfuffle over Sven being our manager. I believe he's a total charlatan.

My favourite season over recent times actually was the League 1 season. I went to many away games that year, didn't pay through the nose to see them and, most importantly I guess, saw us winning games.

For me, the biggest issue is seeing good football. This is why I like the Prem games. The standard of some of the games (though not all of course) is sensational.

I've always been a City fan and always will be. But when I get 'disillusioned' is when we play shitty, boring football. That makes me switch off. The game against Derby a few weeks ago was a case in point. It didn't matter too much that I was watching City, it was the rubbish, hoof-ball stuff that we played that just made me switch-off. It was just completely boring and embarrassing.

What this club and our fans need IMO is some success. Some attractive, sexy football with some players who can excite. The football we are playing recently I'm afraid has just bored me to tears.

Isolating the underlying impact of the club's success on site usage is pretty much impossible. You'll always be able to spot the big events like change of managers, new owners, big games, etc but I don't think you can get transparency on the actual club engagement levels by using this site as a proxy.

The site appears to be more popular than ever but I don't think it is in any way correlated to what is happening at the club. I think it's more likely driven by natual site growth as more people become aware of it, the increase in use of social media / forums as a means of communication / finding out news and the improvements made to the site over the past months / years.

I agree it would be very difficult to isolate spikes ... The natural growth could be easier by just taking a natural growth of whatever the underlying rate is and adjusting the figures accordingly.

I've been looking at my company's webstats and just started to wonder whether the stats for this site would tell us something in terms of engagement .... Thinking out loud really!

Doubt the stats would show what you think - more like the complete opposite. You look at a post match thread when we've beaten a team 2 or 3 nil. It'd probably be about 4 or 5 pages. Lose 1 or 2 nil? That thread will run and run and run.

There is certainly a trend on this message board that a lot of people tend to come out of the woodwork when things are going badly, yet they're nowhere to be seen when things are going well. This isn't an attack on anybody in particular, just something that I - and I'm sure a lot of other people - have observed.

That's very true .... Nothing like a loss to get people's opinions shared .... Naturally so, there's not too much to disagree with or post to add to a thread if it was a joy to watch and an easy win .... if there were things wrong or a loss, it's going to stimulate debate.

But yes you're right - it wouldn't help with my engagement measure - unless we had a hell of a lot of data over a long period of time - but then we're just looking at the growth of FT.

I've become more & more disengaged from football over the years - this is partly to do with high money era we're in and partly to do with getting older and mortgage, debt & family taking over more of my life

With regards to our club, I became disengaged with Leicester more & more under Manderic's revolving door of managers (& endless changeover of players that came with them)... which if Pearson was to sacked shows no signs of abating if we end up looking for our 5th manager in 3 years.

The players who arrived under Sven completely turned me off, obviously all players care about their paypackets and financial security just like we all do, but in the Sven era it came to the fore and the club was completely alien to me... the signings who've arrived since have put some faith & a sense of 'belonging' back - although even that is obviously tested by the form over the past two months.

That's pretty much me and my stage of life too CC .... Apart from the Sven era, for me, added a spike in my interest levels as i thought we'd finally have something really exciting to get involved with ..... I still think we could have and that we ripped up that plan far too early, and replaced it with a dull alternative.... But I'm not sure we'll ever get the sense of belonging back - it may be an age thing!!

I'm pretty much with you there and that's exactly how the Sven era got me too (which is why i still hanker after those days!). I'd be fascinated by any of the insights you have though on the stats front - the 19th Jan high is an interesting little gem.

What have been the major spikes in months / weeks or days and what have they been down to??

Equally when is the lowest number of posts during season time??

Stuff like that really interests me so any more nuggets of info all warmly welcome!

Cheers!

I've not become disengaged with football per se. I doubt I ever will.

One of my favourite things to do recreationally is to lie on my sofa in my lounge on a Sunday afternoon watching the Premiership games.

I've become a little disillusioned with City though.

For me, this started mainly under Sven. I couldn't see then and certainly can't see now all the kerfuffle over Sven being our manager. I believe he's a total charlatan.

My favourite season over recent times actually was the League 1 season. I went to many away games that year, didn't pay through the nose to see them and, most importantly I guess, saw us winning games.

For me, the biggest issue is seeing good football. This is why I like the Prem games. The standard of some of the games (though not all of course) is sensational.

I've always been a City fan and always will be. But when I get 'disillusioned' is when we play shitty, boring football. That makes me switch off. The game against Derby a few weeks ago was a case in point. It didn't matter too much that I was watching City, it was the rubbish, hoof-ball stuff that we played that just made me switch-off. It was just completely boring and embarrassing.

What this club and our fans need IMO is some success. Some attractive, sexy football with some players who can excite. The football we are playing recently I'm afraid has just bored me to tears.

The reason I was worried about Mr P .... But yes, I agree - it's hard to engage with rubbish football - the lowest point for me was the Megson 5 0r 6 weeks....... Dire football as a tactic. Such a turn off.

I'm pretty much with you there and that's exactly how the Sven era got me too (which is why i still hanker after those days!). I'd be fascinated by any of the insights you have though on the stats front - the 19th Jan high is an interesting little gem.

What have been the major spikes in months / weeks or days and what have they been down to??

Equally when is the lowest number of posts during season time??

Stuff like that really interests me so any more nuggets of info all warmly welcome!

Cheers!

19th Jan was the record high - mainly down to the huge pre match boro snow thread but that was broke when we lost to Barnsley on April 1st! Obviously the main surges of posts usually occur when we suffer defeat but August and January are usually the busiest months due to transfer windows/start of season excitement.

This has been covered before - when City are winning there seems little point in doing anything but wishing them well and perhaps commenting in the pre match waffle about how its going to be in the next game - saying I love you Nigel over and over again seems a little boring. Even when they lose the odd game during a reasonable run, one just shrugs and accepts that stuff like this happens.

Take less points than anyone else in the whole four divisions over a quarter of a season and that may well stimulate some conversation......why does this surprise you?

I've not really checked this part of Foxestalk for about a week.

The reason is because there is nothing new to say at the moment. We had an encouraging result last time out but until Pearson is sacked or our current winless run is broken, what new is there to say?

Or read for that matter?

This has been covered before - when City are winning there seems little point in doing anything but wishing them well and perhaps commenting in the pre match waffle about how its going to be in the next game - saying I love you Nigel over and over again seems a little boring. Even when they lose the odd game during a reasonable run, one just shrugs and accepts that stuff like this happens.

Take less points than anyone else in the whole four divisions over a quarter of a season and that may well stimulate some conversation......why does this surprise you?

Unfortunately the stats don't play out like that, even losing one game whilst being top of the table and the place explodes.

The manager saying if you don't like it don't come

And that had nothing to do with people abusing them in the first place did it.

Cheers.

I don't think the site stats will prove anything. For instance, I'm posting less recently because I'm fed up with every other thread being a manager bashing thread. I certainly don't feel less engaged with the club or football in general, I'm just tired of the same 2 season long argument that has reached epic proportions during the recent bad run

Archived