Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Players

Nigel Pearson will be getting his stick on plenty of threads tonight, so I'm starting a seperate one for the players, the majority of which should be utterly ashamed again.

We showed a bit of effort for about 10 minutes after we scored, the rest of the time it was absolutely pitiful.

Knockaert can fvck off if he's going to play like that all the while. Almost every time I've seen him this calender year he's been like that. If he doesn't start putting in the effort and stop with all this half-hearted fancy dan bullshit he's going to become a wasted talent. In fact, he doesn't even look very talented these days, he's just all show with no technique and nothing like the vision he was showing earlier in the season.

De Laet is a shocking defender. He's got no interest in getting into position, he's only any use on the ball.

Konchesky plays like an old bloke. Needs shifting to the bench, I'm struggling to think of one game when I've been pleased with his performance this season.

King, yeh I know everyone loves him, but today is an example of why he's overrated. Not enough effort, too much jogging away from the action and not looking interested, not getting stuck in and HIS TRACKING BACK LEFT A LOT TO BE DESIRED. Yes that's right, his off the ball work was shite. Too many games like that when we need to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Dyer was just anonymous like he is 90% of the time.

Wood is a fvcking donkey. Most of the time he's just a slow, lazy, weak hump of shite who can trap it further than I can kick it. Talented maybe, but he's shown almost fvck all since his injury. Needs to take a good look at himself, body language is pathetic.

Same can be said for Nugent since January. Marshall's been a waste of space for most of the season.

Schlupp plays like a little pussy too often as well. He needs to get his foot on it and look like he wants the ball. Who's teaching him to control it like it's a bomb? put your bloody foot on it son. Chasing it is all well and good but he wouldn't need to do it half the time if he just took control of the ball instead of letting it bounce off him.

Now it's true to say the manager is responsible for the team, but like I say, he's got plenty of threads. These worthless tossers don't have enough threads about them.

It's one thing to say they aren't good enough. There is some truth in that, and in other ways it's completely wide of the mark, and here's why. If they had shown any bottle or desire since January they'd be in the play-offs by now. No question. They had enough quality to get into second, and a collapse like this is unforgivable.

Oh but it's the manager's job to motivate them you say? No. Not to that extent. if the players cannot put in 100% for their careers and huge games like this, there is nothing a manager can do. Picking them up at half time is one thing, picking them up before kick off is another. There's no way he should be doing that.

What other excuses will people come out with? They're tired? No, not good enough either, Watford have played the same amount of games, professional sportsmen get used to a regular work out if they're doing it properly. Their bodies adapt and get stronger.

I can't believe all those people staying behind to clap them. Tonight they were an absolute disgrace again, their attitude and body language was awful from the word go. This was not only a huge game for the club and the season, but for their careers as well. And yet the desire was just not there. How can you applaud that? How is that excusable? And it's not a one off game either. As a collective and as individuals they've not wanted it enough.

Had we put in some proper passion and as much effort as Watford I could handle them just being better than us, but they didn't. Certainly not until it was way too late. And it is now, barring a miracle.

So yeh we'll probably sack the manager after the Forest game, and it may well be the right decision. But it doesn't matter who you put in charge if the players have this sort of quitters attitude.

So, defend your heroes in blue all you like, but all I'm seeing at the moment is a bunch of overpaid wannabes who aren't willing to put in the effort to get where they surely want to be. Dare I say it, they're starting to resemble England players when they put the 3 lions on.

Gonna be in this league forever at this rate.

Lets not forget most of these players are still pretty young.

They're old enough to put in the effort required.

Knockaert's certainly not lacking in confidence, needs taking down a peg if anything.

Youth isn't an excuse, they're playing for Leicester City here, they need to be up to it mentally and physically.

In some instances pearson has been questionable but mostly its the players who have let him down because this team that are playing shite at the moment is the same team that was second at the start of February and were cruising through the league.

I thought they played with real heart and intensity second half but there was no quality there at all. Players weren't even looking up before 'passing'. There was no composure whatsoever for those last 20 mins.

Got to wonder why they didn't play with such passion and determination throughout. Having the will to win should be a pre-requisite.

A manager is not the reason his team only pick up 2 wins from 15 games.

Only the players can win the game and only the players can get themselves out of the awful form they're in, only they can train harder, sort out their attitude and give 100% in every game.

From what they did in January we all know deep down they haven't done that.

Now they know they have let everyone involved in the club down.

Yes the manager is partly to blame in the way he has got them to play, but in my eyes this nosedive is almost entirely due to the players not giving it their all for this club and its supporters.

Now they are almost certainly to play in this league for another season.

Disappointed in them.

Haven't seen the goals again, but I believe King lost his man prior to the corner and goal. He isn't good enough or strong enough, we need a new midfielder. Konchesky and Dyer need replacing also.

Schmeichel, De Laet, Morgan, King, James, Knockaert, Wood, Marshall, Nugent are all good enough players to be getting us into a position to compete for automatic promotion (as indeed we were 3 months ago).

They need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Of course, they won't. 8 of those 9 will take their £10-15k a week, enjoy their 6 week summer holiday and come back with the same attitude that has seen a clearly talented group of players conspire to win 2 of the last 16 games.

Schmeichel will reflect that he has wasted 2 seasons at this club when he could have been playing for somebody half-decent.

Haven't seen the goals again, but I believe King lost his man prior to the corner and goal. He isn't good enough or strong enough, we need a new midfielder. Konchesky and Dyer need replacing also.

Rubbish.

He's been our best player for the last month. He's second in DavieG's player of the season poll FFS.

Whilst I take your point(s) the buck HAS to stop with the manager. I've been a big advocate of Pearson but this spectacular capitulation has made me wonder if he's up to the task ahead.

Alot of the players attitudes are just way off, in what was a must win game tonight i never actually felt we deserved to win at any point! What does that tell you about the players? exactly.....

Just think, if somebody had offered you 17 points from the final 17 games of the season before the Posh game, you'd have told them to fvck off. Yet it would have been enough to guarantee the play-offs with hindsight.

20 would have been ridiculously disappointing. Even 30 would probably have been rejected out-of-hand.

To get 11 is downright embarrassing.

I blame the players, not the manager, and I think it's high time that they took some responsibility for their performances.

A lot of players are not good enough for this football club, or are too inconsistent.

De Laet is a rubbish defender, said that when he first came in, good attacker, defensively though he isn't up to scratch. Konchesky can go, has had a poor season, looks past it. Drinkwater negative, need better midfielders who look forward and have more urgency about them. We don't get enough out of our wingers, Dyer and Knockaert were useless tonight, while the strikers are inconsistent.

New defence, new central midfielder, some attacking midfielders instead of wingers, and two good strikers please.

Whilst I take your point(s) the buck HAS to stop with the manager. I've been a big advocate of Pearson but this spectacular capitulation has made me wonder if he's up to the task ahead.

I've acknowledged that the manager is responsible for the teams results and league position.

That doesn't mean it's actually all his fault. But you just can't sack 10 players.

Wow. One of the only players who can come out with his head held high recently. Complete rubbish.

We do look short all over the park, which is worrying. I don't think anyone "isn't good enough" but we've paid the price for lack of depth, that's what causes a squad to be top two quality for two-thirds of the season and relegation fodder subsequently. We need a centre-back to replace Keane, a viable alternative to RDL, a left back, an experienced centre mid and an out and out winger.

I can't believe all those people staying behind to clap them. Tonight they were an absolute disgrace again, their attitude and body language was awful from the word go. This was not only a huge game for the club and the season, but for their careers as well. And yet the desire was just not there. How can you applaud that? How is that excusable? And it's not a one off game either. As a collective and as individuals they've not wanted it enough.

Not sure why anyone should be embarrassed for staying behind to clap the players at the end, I did and I'm glad. I'm as disappointed as anyone that we've not achieved what we set out to at the beginning of the year. But I think the players have given me some great entertainment this year and I've watched some of the best football I've seen in recent years. I there's been a lack of confidence and self-belief amongst certain players, and mentally they let the pressure of chasing for promotion get to them. But I definitely don't share your doom and gloom attitude. Yes out players aren't world-beaters, and at times they have under-performed, but I think they've shown enough positives this season to suggest that we can come back stronger from this next year.

I think you build the team round Morgan, James, King, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Wood, Schlupp

I'd cash in (a bit reluctantly because his enthusiasm is priceless) on Schmeicl cos we may get silly money for him and keepers as good are not that difficult to find. Steele at Barnsley is just as good but less famous.

De Laet - we could certainly do better. I'm not sure Liam Moore isn't better. For me he gives his all, but he lacks composure. Look at the terrible tangle he got himself in when Millwall beat us. Tonight e went on wonderful dribble then crossed into side netting. Might as well have not bothered with the dribble at all. Also conceded time-wasting free kick in corner at end when Watford were already running down clock.

Konchesky - terrible distribution tonight (apart from cross for goal) lost possession countless times, halted several promising attacks with poor passes, defensively better but far from perfect. His experience ought to be an asset but no leader and capable of horrendous mistakes , see lofted slice into our area in second half.

Dyer - pace is terrifying but the timing and quality of his final ball just never improve. Let go.

Marshall - inconsistent but worth persevering with.

Nugent - like Konchesky, difficult to see how his experience benefits the team as a whole. Lacks leadership qualities, tactical nouse and has yet to form a fruitful lasting strike partnership with anyone despite insisting he's a 4-4-2 man. As our senior player the Birmingham penalty farce really was unforgivable. We'd miss his goals though he always dries up in January. Maybe keep till then.

Wag horn,Vardy, Futacs - if they couldn't get into the side this season, can't see them doing it next season either.

I think you build the team round Morgan, James, King, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Wood, Schlupp

I'd cash in (a bit reluctantly because his enthusiasm is priceless) on Schmeicl cos we may get silly money for him and keepers as good are not that difficult to find. Steele at Barnsley is just as good but less famous.

De Laet - we could certainly do better. I'm not sure Liam Moore isn't better. For me he gives his all, but he lacks composure. Look at the terrible tangle he got himself in when Millwall beat us. Tonight e went on wonderful dribble then crossed into side netting. Might as well have not bothered with the dribble at all. Also conceded time-wasting free kick in corner at end when Watford were already running down clock.

Konchesky - terrible distribution tonight (apart from cross for goal) lost possession countless times, halted several promising attacks with poor passes, defensively better but far from perfect. His experience ought to be an asset but no leader and capable of horrendous mistakes , see lofted slice into our area in second half.

Dyer - pace is terrifying but the timing and quality of his final ball just never improve. Let go.

Marshall - inconsistent but worth persevering with.

Nugent - like Konchesky, difficult to see how his experience benefits the team as a whole. Lacks leadership qualities, tactical nouse and has yet to form a fruitful lasting strike partnership with anyone despite insisting he's a 4-4-2 man. As our senior player the Birmingham penalty farce really was unforgivable. We'd miss his goals though he always dries up in January. Maybe keep till then.

Wag horn,Vardy, Futacs - if they couldn't get into the side this season, can't see them doing it next season either.

Konchesky - yes get rid. Just not good enough any more and a massive weak link.

Nugent - Also the wages he may be on will be a big factor. good striker, top notch on his day but been too off form recently. Still reckon he has it in him for us though!

Dyer - Keep as a squad player. His pace is terrifying and the perfect impact to a game.

Marshall - still young, has ability

De Laet - Still think he is good enough.

I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Konchesky and Nugent to go. Both big earners (allegedly).

Konchesky gets beaten too easily and his distribution isn't great. Nugent thinks he's better than he is - never scored more than 15 at this level.

Archived