Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Players

It's quite simple really, we have players who are not good enough.

Keane - too inexperienced and has proved extremely costly. St.Ledger should have come back in for him, serious lacking in leadership.

Konchesky - I do have to laugh because it's only a matter of time before we all sing 'we all dream of a team of Konchesky's ', he has been utterly useless all season, cost us EIGHTEEN (18) POINTS this season. Absolute dog turd and Pearson's stubbornness has cost us here, should have got a new left back in January or persisted with Schlupp there but no.. Schlupp puts in a man of the match performance, next game he's dropped for fvcking Konchesky.

Nugent - Bog standard average cocky Championship striker who needs a reality check. Yes, you scored for England but where did you get to since? Dog.

I really wonder as to why RICHIE WELLENS was not utilised more? Excellent at Cardiff. Brightest spark in the first half at Derby. Subbed at half time and never to be seen since. He put his foot in, he led by example, he directed players and encouraged them. A leader in the middle of the park. Seriously lacking without him.

Do the players care? Can't work it out myself, clearly some do...but is this the tweet of a man who is utterly devastated with how things have turned out? "that's football":

ritchie de laet â€@de_laet_r4m

Thanks everyone very disappointed did not deserve that I think but that's football !!! #LCFCFAMILY

He won't be that bothered will he?

I mean he still gets paid thousands a week no matter what

Sums it up really

On the whole I agree, De laet is simply awful, his decision making and anticipation is terrible. And even though king has been better lately on the whole he has been crap this season, too leightweight, Drinkwater started brilliantly but in recent months can't seem to pass to other players.

I've seen the potential wood has to offer, but even he seems disinterested at times, Schlupp needs lessons on how to hold a ball up, 90% of balls into him he gave away.

It's alright blaming Pearson for everything, our excuse every defeat seems to be "tactics" but a lot of these players are on £20k a week, and they should all be ashamed of themselves for bottling it like they have, it's embarrassing £30 million losses this season and all we have to show for it is a couple of Audi R8's in the players parking section.

I think that Pearson has to take some of the blame for how the players are, imagine one of the lads scoring then running up to celebrate with Pearson, it just wouldn't happen. You can slag him off for not being tactically right at times but in games like tonight you need a good motivator and in my opinion a lot of our players don't look like they enjoy playing under him.

Nigel Pearson will be getting his stick on plenty of threads tonight, so I'm starting a seperate one for the players, the majority of which should be utterly ashamed again.

We showed a bit of effort for about 10 minutes after we scored, the rest of the time it was absolutely pitiful.

Knockaert can fvck off if he's going to play like that all the while. Almost every time I've seen him this calender year he's been like that. If he doesn't start putting in the effort and stop with all this half-hearted fancy dan bullshit he's going to become a wasted talent. In fact, he doesn't even look very talented these days, he's just all show with no technique and nothing like the vision he was showing earlier in the season.

De Laet is a shocking defender. He's got no interest in getting into position, he's only any use on the ball.

Konchesky plays like an old bloke. Needs shifting to the bench, I'm struggling to think of one game when I've been pleased with his performance this season.

King, yeh I know everyone loves him, but today is an example of why he's overrated. Not enough effort, too much jogging away from the action and not looking interested, not getting stuck in and HIS TRACKING BACK LEFT A LOT TO BE DESIRED. Yes that's right, his off the ball work was shite. Too many games like that when we need to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Dyer was just anonymous like he is 90% of the time.

Wood is a fvcking donkey. Most of the time he's just a slow, lazy, weak hump of shite who can trap it further than I can kick it. Talented maybe, but he's shown almost fvck all since his injury. Needs to take a good look at himself, body language is pathetic.

Same can be said for Nugent since January. Marshall's been a waste of space for most of the season.

Schlupp plays like a little pussy too often as well. He needs to get his foot on it and look like he wants the ball. Who's teaching him to control it like it's a bomb? put your bloody foot on it son. Chasing it is all well and good but he wouldn't need to do it half the time if he just took control of the ball instead of letting it bounce off him.

Now it's true to say the manager is responsible for the team, but like I say, he's got plenty of threads. These worthless tossers don't have enough threads about them.

It's one thing to say they aren't good enough. There is some truth in that, and in other ways it's completely wide of the mark, and here's why. If they had shown any bottle or desire since January they'd be in the play-offs by now. No question. They had enough quality to get into second, and a collapse like this is unforgivable.

Oh but it's the manager's job to motivate them you say? No. Not to that extent. if the players cannot put in 100% for their careers and huge games like this, there is nothing a manager can do. Picking them up at half time is one thing, picking them up before kick off is another. There's no way he should be doing that.

What other excuses will people come out with? They're tired? No, not good enough either, Watford have played the same amount of games, professional sportsmen get used to a regular work out if they're doing it properly. Their bodies adapt and get stronger.

I can't believe all those people staying behind to clap them. Tonight they were an absolute disgrace again, their attitude and body language was awful from the word go. This was not only a huge game for the club and the season, but for their careers as well. And yet the desire was just not there. How can you applaud that? How is that excusable? And it's not a one off game either. As a collective and as individuals they've not wanted it enough.

Had we put in some proper passion and as much effort as Watford I could handle them just being better than us, but they didn't. Certainly not until it was way too late. And it is now, barring a miracle.

So yeh we'll probably sack the manager after the Forest game, and it may well be the right decision. But it doesn't matter who you put in charge if the players have this sort of quitters attitude.

So, defend your heroes in blue all you like, but all I'm seeing at the moment is a bunch of overpaid wannabes who aren't willing to put in the effort to get where they surely want to be. Dare I say it, they're starting to resemble England players when they put the 3 lions on.

Gonna be in this league forever at this rate.

I agree with everything and i mean everything you say but there will still be the idiots who come on here and try to defend the undefendable!

tonight i saw pearson buys the wrong kind of players . they footballed us to death , we lumped it too much , not much in out locker tactically or technically .

We had a quick, incisive passing game this season until losing to Huddersfield in the Cup. We have the right kind of players to break teams down but their confidence and form has deserted them catastrophically the last third of the season.

Too much pressure on the young players? Give Pearson and the players another crack next season - they'll learn from this and come back stronger.

I think you build the team round Morgan, James, King, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Wood, Schlupp

I'd cash in (a bit reluctantly because his enthusiasm is priceless) on Schmeicl cos we may get silly money for him and keepers as good are not that difficult to find. Steele at Barnsley is just as good but less famous.

De Laet - we could certainly do better. I'm not sure Liam Moore isn't better. For me he gives his all, but he lacks composure. Look at the terrible tangle he got himself in when Millwall beat us. Tonight e went on wonderful dribble then crossed into side netting. Might as well have not bothered with the dribble at all. Also conceded time-wasting free kick in corner at end when Watford were already running down clock.

Konchesky - terrible distribution tonight (apart from cross for goal) lost possession countless times, halted several promising attacks with poor passes, defensively better but far from perfect. His experience ought to be an asset but no leader and capable of horrendous mistakes , see lofted slice into our area in second half.

Dyer - pace is terrifying but the timing and quality of his final ball just never improve. Let go.

Marshall - inconsistent but worth persevering with.

Nugent - like Konchesky, difficult to see how his experience benefits the team as a whole. Lacks leadership qualities, tactical nouse and has yet to form a fruitful lasting strike partnership with anyone despite insisting he's a 4-4-2 man. As our senior player the Birmingham penalty farce really was unforgivable. We'd miss his goals though he always dries up in January. Maybe keep till then.

Wag horn,Vardy, Futacs - if they couldn't get into the side this season, can't see them doing it next season either.

Can't see how you can build a team around wood when he currently has no ability to control or hold the ball up. He's only useful when the ball is played in front of him. It's currently a major flaw in his game.

King has also shown again that despite some occasional neat touches, he's generally off the pace and gets overtaken by the opposition when attempting to track back or go forward. His first thought is always to play safe and backwards which means his pass completion is probably great but it doesn't help or influence the game in a positive way.

Rubbish.

He's been our best player for the last month. He's second in DavieG's player of the season poll FFS.

Wow. One of the only players who can come out with his head held high recently. Complete rubbish.

Don't be absurd. Good the few games before this, beyond useless last night.

My problem, my blame, and finger is quite firmly pointed at the players for the embarrassment and monumental fuck up this season, people can blame Pearson as much as they want, they are quite entitled to, I can't defend some of the things Pearson has done and have to question a few things myself but the players need to take as much if not more responsibility and be held accountable.

Bottlers.

I think that Pearson has to take some of the blame for how the players are, imagine one of the lads scoring then running up to celebrate with Pearson, it just wouldn't happen. You can slag him off for not being tactically right at times but in games like tonight you need a good motivator and in my opinion a lot of our players don't look like they enjoy playing under him.

This

We need a motivator

Get O'God back

Keane - too inexperienced and has proved extremely costly. St.Ledger should have come back in for him, serious lacking in leadership.

Sorry, but that there is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here!

This las is a superb defender, WILL play for Man Utd and England IMO, yet you think SSL is better?

Astonishing!!!

Konchesky - I do have to laugh because it's only a matter of time before we all sing 'we all dream of a team of Konchesky's ', he has been utterly useless all season, cost us EIGHTEEN (18) POINTS this season. Absolute dog turd and Pearson's stubbornness has cost us here, should have got a new left back in January or persisted with Schlupp there but no.. Schlupp puts in a man of the match performance, next game he's dropped for fvcking Konchesky.

Nugent - Bog standard average cocky Championship striker who needs a reality check. Yes, you scored for England but where did you get to since? Dog.

I really wonder as to why RICHIE WELLENS was not utilised more? Excellent at Cardiff. Brightest spark in the first half at Derby. Subbed at half time and never to be seen since. He put his foot in, he led by example, he directed players and encouraged them. A leader in the middle of the park. Seriously lacking without him.

Very harsh on keane, he's been the better of the two centre halves.

Wellens for all of his effort isn't the answer in midfield at this level.

I thought Keane was absolutely outstanding last night. Good in the air, brave, has pace, good distribution. I hope we can sign him but I don't think fergie will let us

It's obviously not a "it's the players OR the manager" thing. Both should take the blame and both are responsible.

If the player's don't put in the effort, then it's their fault. But if the set up and tactics are wrong then its the manager.

Somehow over the last few months the players/Pearson have eroded away at our free flowing, passing and attacking game and changed it to a huff and puff, hoof and hope style. We're better than that, but you wouldn't know it from the last several games.

Last night was the epitome of that - we played ok football when it was 0-0 (although obviously Watford were better and created the best chances and moves), but as soon as we were down, and then for the first 15 minutes of the second half we just hoofed it, taking King, James, Dyer and Knocky all out of the game in the process.

It's just shocking tactics really - it takes our good players out of the game, and against opponents that are probably the best at passing and keeping possession, it gives them plenty of 50/50s to challenge for. This meant that other than our goal, we just didn't have the ball in the whole second half.

That's why other than Kane's goal and the double chance from a corner (Penalty shout, Marshall shot) we didn't create anything. Which is just criminal considering we needed to win, let alone draw.

I don't know what's worse - Pearson suggested/ordering those tactics or not changing them once it's abundantly clear their not good enough.

Wow. One of the only players who can come out with his head held high recently. Complete rubbish.

Who are you referring to? King? He's too lightweight and he lost his man several times.

Or are you referring to Konchesky and/or Dyer? Because they were bad as well.

I only critisized those three, wouldn't call it 'rubbish' myself.

We had a quick, incisive passing game this season until losing to Huddersfield in the Cup. We have the right kind of players to break teams down but their confidence and form has deserted them catastrophically the last third of the season.

Too much pressure on the young players? Give Pearson and the players another crack next season - they'll learn from this and come back stronger.

no !

Haven't seen the goals again, but I believe King lost his man prior to the corner and goal. He isn't good enough or strong enough, we need a new midfielder. Konchesky and Dyer need replacing also.

Spot on regarding King, not sure he was interested in trying to track back last night, might be me but invariably he looks like his covering of space off the ball is both half hearted and an excuse to not have to make a tackle. He has the occasional good game but the rest of the time he is one of the reasons why we lose control in midfield, have no bite or stomach to fight for the ball and consequently result in the hoofball tactics which have seemed to be Plan B and a plan that has been turned to far too early in most of the games during this bad run.

I do not blame King entirely but he is a prime example of why we will not be promoted anytime soon with the midfield we have.

Talking of space and using it to carve open a defence - our midfield and strikers were as static last night as they have been for months and without keen footballing brains, pace, effort or effective organisation by the manager then I'm afraid we are staying in this division for a long time yet. Our poor run has coincided with the lack of pace and desire to find space during nearly every performance since Huddersfield/Peterborough, a stark contrast to when we were playing with so much style and vigour prior to that. Last night the performance from Watford showed how we should be playing and before anybody says they only scored from a set piece and a wonder strike, the score would have been entirely different with a little bit more composure in finishing.

Spot on regarding King, not sure he was interested in trying to track back last night, might be me but invariably he looks like his covering of space off the ball is both half hearted and an excuse to not have to make a tackle. He has the occasional good game but the rest of the time he is one of the reasons why we lose control in midfield, have no bite or stomach to fight for the ball and consequently result in the hoofball tactics which have seemed to be Plan B and a plan that has been turned to far too early in most of the games during this bad run.

I do not blame King entirely but he is a prime example of why we will not be promoted anytime soon with the midfield we have.

This is a problem when you play 2 against 3 in midfield.

This is a problem when you play 2 against 3 in midfield.

Agreed hence my comment re effective organisation from the manager further down on my post.

As I said I don't necessarily blame the player and his make up, mind set etc etc but we can't play with King as part of a central two man midfield with the character and attributes he has especially when we are putting Dyer and Knockeart out there in a midfield set up that then has James, who can tackle but sometimes lacks a bit of pace, left on his own against an attacking midfield that works hard to find space and offer pace and multiple outlets for defence splitting balls. The manager is there to manage the situation as are the players to some degree - we seem to lack the ability to react both on and off the field during a game.

Who are you referring to? King? He's too lightweight and he lost his man several times.

Or are you referring to Konchesky and/or Dyer? Because they were bad as well.

I only critisized those three, wouldn't call it 'rubbish' myself.

Konchesky and Dyer I can see your point, feel Konchesky gives the ball aways too often, and Dyer's too inconsistent, although I feel the latter still has something to offer for us.

I think King's been one of our standout players recently, back to the King of old. With him and James in CM we've started playing better football and getting slightly better results as well.

Archived