Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dog_4

sign the best players from the relegated sides?

We need to get players on the cheap, it wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Sako from Wolves heads back abroad next season.

If Kasper goes, I would really go for Luke Steele, out of contract in the summer, has been at Barnsley a while, and is a very decent keeper at this level.

Some more centre backs are needed, Wes if he stays really needs a more experienced central defensive partner, Alex Baptiste was mentioned in January, Alex Pearce of Reading is out of contract and has tasted promotion before, while Jose Fonte of Southampton has been on the bench for them recently. Don't know how Roger Johnson is nowadays, but people were on about an England call up for him a couple of season's back.

Left Back we need someone young in my opinion, Cresswell of Ipswich has been mentioned by fans on here, Adam Smith from Spurs currently on loan at Millwall, had a bit of pace about him and looked good, when we faced them at the KP.

In midfield we really need to draft in some experience, Johnnie Jackson is out of contract at Charlton, experienced midfielder who is still scoring goals. Someone of the Shaun Derry mold might help us, while I like the look of two younger players in League 1, and I would prefer them over Drinkwater, because they have better technical ability and can score goals, and these two are Stephen Gleeson of MK Dons and Luke Murphy of Crewe.

While out wide or in an attacking midfield role, I would like to see George Boyd come in or someone similar, while I would like to see us sign someone with pace and fresher younger legs, either Albert Adomah or Alan Judge.

While one new striker is needed in my opinion, get rid of Vardy and Futacs, and bring someone in on the cheap or free. Simeon Jackson of Norwich is out of contract, they have signed Van Wolfswinkel for next season, while Scott McDonald of Middlesbrough is out of contract as well, an experienced striker who knows where the net is.

So hopefully...

Goalkeeper - Luke Steele

Centre Back - Alex Pearce, Alex Baptiste, Jose Fonte or Roger Johnson

Left Back - Aaron Cresswell or Adam Smith

Central Midfield - Johnnie Jackson, Stephen Gleeson or Luke Murphy

Wing/Attacking Mid - George Boyd, Albert Adomah or Alan Judge

Strikers - Simeon Jackson or Scott McDonald

Yeah Ebanks Blake is the stand out free transfer for me! He'd be hungry for success after two dismal seasons with wolves. Also Jerome Thomas from West Brom on a free would be the winger we need along with Trotter also on a free! Perhaps get Jeremy Helan on loan to play left back! Think he plays there.

as soon as the season is over i'd put contract offers on the tables for them three. Blake and Thomas both have promotion experience and both good ages. More good news is that Mark Robins wants Beckford and is prepared to spend £1.5 - 2m to get him.

Sako, Ebanks-Blake, Trotter & Jerome Thomas could be decent signings for no transfer fee or in Sako's case a raid on Wolves. Only issue would be wages. Ebanks-Blake and Thomas would be on Prem wages i'd reckon & Trotter & Sako won't be on peanuts either.

Danny Fox from Saints. My mate who works there reckons they're strengthening there next season and his left peg would be perfect for balls into the box.

thought we was on bout players from relegated team?...seeing some from teams that arent even down. :unsure::ph34r:

Whoops, my post is me getting ahead of myself ;)

I know peterborough won't get relegated but i am really surprised no-one ever mentions Lee Tomlin.

Double figures this season in both goals and assists - which is probably more than our whole central midfield combined.

He can play anywhere in midfield and across the front line.

It is players like Tomlin, Sako and Ebanks Blake that the club needs to target. This season wood has scored 20 over both his spell at milwall and here, nuge has almost got 15.

The problem is that our midfield has not been adding enough goals. Tomlin and sako are both in double figures, whilst adding a third striker like ebanks-blake who could add 10-15, should be high on our priorities.

If we are looking to get rid of Beckford (the terries are willing to pay £2.5 million for him), and also get rid of danns, waghorn, vardy and futacs - you could use the money from fees and saved wages to buy Tomlin, sako and ebanks-blake, especially if wolves go down.

He seems a no brainer of a signing doesn't he?

Knowing us we'll sign him and he'll struggle to hit double figures next season.

Or score 25 and get booed for not running around like a cocker spaniel on acid.

He seems a no brainer of a signing doesn't he?

Knowing us we'll sign him and he'll struggle to hit double figures next season.

Or score 25 and get booed for not running around like a cocker spaniel on acid.

Ain't it?!

I know peterborough won't get relegated but i am really surprised no-one ever mentions Lee Tomlin.

Double figures this season in both goals and assists - which is probably more than our whole central midfield combined.

He can play anywhere in midfield and across the front line.

Yep I'd take Tomlin. :thumbup:

Archived