Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Why I Want Pearson To Stay.

So one good month out of 10 is acceptable then is it?

It's been more than that in case your memory has completely shot it.

It's all about 'value added'.

How many players can you name that have actually improved under NFP at City?

Liam Moore perhaps and first time around Andy King both young players who were going to improve anyway, in all probability.

How many have gone backwards?

I count Marshall, Nugent, Knockaert, Vardy, Waghorn and Wood this time around, also Weale, Gallagher and Gradel first time around.

Personally I find that pretty damning........ :unsure:

I do think this is a very salient way of looking at things Dave.

If we had started off slowly because the new kids took 'time to gel' (that famous old cliche) but then started to gradually improve, over time both as individuals AND as a team, I could accept another season under Pearson with more interest and excitement.

But you are actually quite correct.

In terms of adding value, the list is quite damning:

Knocky,

Danns

Drinky

Wood

Marshall

Nugent?

Vardy

Waghorn

All appear to have gotten WORSE over the course of the season, not better.

Of the players who have improved, I'd suggest only RDL? and most notably James have got better.

This is pretty damning and if you really consider it, again makes me wonder why so many people would want another season under Pearson.

I said a couple of months back, to have a player with as much talent as Knocky playing as badly as he has been is crazy! This kid could have been the key to promotion this season.

couldn't agree anymore, people who are claiming that pearson should be sacked were loving him back in January

thats where your wrong. i have never liked pearson and we should never have got him back so my point is he should not even be at the club. i for one never sang his name in the good run so i for one want him gone

the fact that angry nige had us sitting first after about a quarter of the season and second after about 2/3 of the season, coupled with playing the best football I have seen LCFC play in 25 years, means he should stay. fact, case closed your honour.

Can someone pry the Enter key out of Col City's keyboard please? Thanks in advance.

I don't think I'm the only one to think you're simply making excuses again buddy.

:thumbup:

Keep the faith an all that..

:wave:

It's amazing that we still have a chance of promotion. But that doesn't gloss over the fact that we are pretty crap. And have been for a long time.

Cardiff should of course have sacked Mackay when he failed to when them promotion last season. Wolves have been transformed by changing managers - in the same way we were a few years ago. QPR another example, where Mark Hughes did such a great job. And indeed, for those with longer memories, in 1977, when a campaign against Jimmy Bloomfield brought us such success.

Works sometimes, but by and large it doesn't. NFP is a good manager (as some have said, clearly not yet a great one) and appears to be a good man. He's assembled a decent hungry squad. Give me that any day over overpaid and lazy players. We've seen it before, sorry don't want to see it again.

I agree that NP has put together a young squad with potential,

the football played early season promised much for the future.

We were well beaten by Palace at home

followed by Watford away ,when we were poor.

There were better but inconsistent performances that followed,

but our away form was poor.

I was prepared to put the inconsistency down to inexperience,

that the team was developing,a work in progress.

Despite the good results in January we were still inconsistent but rode our luck.

Since January we have gone backwards,

the results have been relegation form.

I do not relish a change, with some disruption inevitable.

Recent,poor form shows there are problems that NP has struggled to address.

It's one thing being against sacking managers.

It's another thing cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Wake up and smell the coffee if we don't at least make playoffs and put in a show how can you justify the owners keeping Pearson?

I agree that NP has put together a young squad with potential,

the football played early season promised much for the future.

We were well beaten by Palace at home

followed by Watford away ,when we were poor.

There were better but inconsistent performances that followed,

but our away form was poor.

I was prepared to put the inconsistency down to inexperience,

that the team was developing,a work in progress.

Despite the good results in January we were still inconsistent but rode our luck.

Since January we have gone backwards,

the results have been relegation form.

I do not relish a change, with some disruption inevitable.

Recent,poor form shows there are problems that NP has struggled to address.

I thought this was a poem at first sight!

We've had this argument over and over again. I think sadly for NP and for his supporters, his time has probably come and I imagine he accepts this.

I say this because I seem to recall (but am open to correction) that NP/owners have both stated both when NP was re-appointed and at the start of this system that (automatic?) promotion was the aim and that anything less would be unacceptable.

I PERSONALLY don' t think we've seen enough progress under NP. Bits and pieces but then far too many negatives also. I also happen to know someone who regularly works with him which has given me further cause for concern.

Regardless of that though, I think there was probably an understanding between the board and NP over what was acceptable and what was not and what the consequences could be. Anyone who thinks a likely 7th place finish would be acceptable, is living in dreamland

the fact that angry nige had us sitting first after about a quarter of the season and second after about 2/3 of the season, coupled with playing the best football I have seen LCFC play in 25 years, means he should stay. fact, case closed your honour.

The fact that angry Nige had us sitting first after about a quarter of the season and then made completely unnecessary changes to our setup and style of play such that we never played that well again, means he should go. Overturned on appeal...... :thumbup:

I have no axe to grind either way but once it's confirmed that we haven't got promoted he will be gone FACT

If you want to continue the debate on wether that is right or wrong then fine

If you notice just about every new player that came into the team / squad started off really well and had an immediate impact on how the team played and therefore our results. They have all eventually gone backwards.

That is a result of things not going well behind the scenes and / or on the training ground.

If you write 'fact' in caps does it make it true?

The fact that angry Nige had us sitting first after about a quarter of the season and then made completely unnecessary changes to our setup and style of play such that we never played that well again, means he should go. Overturned on appeal...... :thumbup:

never played that well again but had a couple of 6-0 results, five wins in a row and reached second, appeal rejected by the European Court of Justice!

Barring an unlikely play off win anyone who thinks NP will be in charge next season needs their head examining. His remit was promotion if he fails he goes I thought everyone understood this. In fact if by some amazing turn around we do go up I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't fired anyway after the last few months.

also except for a spell when wood arrived we've rode our luck abit eg boro ,wolves so not many ups compared with the downs

lol Lucky. Good joke. We haven't been good enough but my word we've been unlucky in a lot more games than we've been lucky!

Pearson seems a very insecure bloke, throwing his weight around and stamping his foot. He has caused disharmony in the squad and has proven that he cannot handle difficult characters, whilst being difficult himself.

I think he should go go - Wham!! Had enough of him last Christmas.

Okay, I'll put my head above the parapet.

I want Pearson to stay because he has put together a young team with potential. A team which, should any other manager come in, will no doubt be ripped apart. No, it's not perfect and yes, it needs adding to, but clearly this season NFP has been told to tighten the purse strings. Anyone who has said we were "buying the league" has clearly been talking our their arse - that was Watford's task, yet strangely the Southern-biased press keep curiously quiet about that. It has been the inexperience and youth of the team that has been our downfall. None of our players are "bad" players, some are getting past it or in need of tweek here or there, but most of them will only get better as they learn to cope with differing strategies or getting your head right when you lose a few games on the bounce. To play clever in essence, which only comes with experience.

Many of this seasons loses and draws have been fine margins. Last night's game was a good example. For the sake of a wonder goal that would have been in row Z 99 times out of 100 and a penalty shout that would have been given as often as not, we would have won 2-1. We weren't "played off the park" as some people are suggesting - when you're played off the park you don't lose by one goal. If anything, Watford have underachieved hugely this season, playing to the letter of the laws, rather than the spirit of them, with their plethora of foreign imports. Next year they will be a completely different team. Only once have we been beaten by more than one goal in the Championship, which means that the real frustration is that good results have been tantalisingly close. I'm not saying that we've never deserved to lose, because on some days we have been woefully bad - but then so has every team. At times we have been majestic, which shows our potential.

I don't buy the "other teams have found us out" - it suggests that every single team in the Championship in February suddenly had a lightbulb come on in their heads and went "SO THAT'S HOW WE BEAT LEICESTER!" or that managers were passing around tips on bits of paper or sending coded e-mails to each other. "Psssst, you playing the Foxes on Tuesday night? Here's what to do." To suggest such is incredibly naive and Skinneresque (was it him who said it first?) The problems have been with ourselves and our confidence, which is largely down to our youth. Yes, it should have been addressed, but as an intangible thing, it's one of the most difficult things to do, short of brainwashing your own players.

Lastly, even if Peason wasn't manager and it was someone else, I still wouldn't want him sacked. I'm fed up of the managerial merry-go-round. Why? Oh sorry, I forgot, Bolton, Palace, Forest have all sacked their managers mid-season and shot up the league. As have Wolves, Huddersfield, Blackpool, Barnsley and Bristol City... so naturally, replacing your manager is gauranteed success. We've had 11 managers (if you count NFP twice) in 10 years and where has that got us? Exactly.

Maybe it's time we tried something different?

If this, if that, If I was Hugh Hefner I would have a multitude of fit young blondes on my arm and in my bed every day... Facts are we have been utter shite for over a third of a season, this is not a blip this shows where we are and this is his team. The stong characters we have required Pearson does not seem able to manage, so IMO he should go

I don't buy the "other teams have found us out" - it suggests that every single team in the Championship in February suddenly had a lightbulb come on in their heads and went "SO THAT'S HOW WE BEAT LEICESTER!" or that managers were passing around tips on bits of paper or sending coded e-mails to each other. "Psssst, you playing the Foxes on Tuesday night? Here's what to do." To suggest such is incredibly naive and Skinneresque (was it him who said it first?) The problems have been with ourselves and our confidence, which is largely down to our youth. Yes, it should have been addressed, but as an intangible thing, it's one of the most difficult things to do, short of brainwashing your own players.

Sorry to disagree again but

Nugent.. not youthful

Morgan.. not youthful

Konch... not youthful

Dyer...not youthful

King.. experienced international

DeLaet..experienced

I am afraid that the Youth and Inexperience at this level excuse does not stack up

Okay, I'll put my head above the parapet.

I want Pearson to stay because he has put together a young team with potential. A team which, should any other manager come in, will no doubt be ripped apart. No, it's not perfect and yes, it needs adding to, but clearly this season NFP has been told to tighten the purse strings. Anyone who has said we were "buying the league" has clearly been talking our their arse - that was Watford's task, yet strangely the Southern-biased press keep curiously quiet about that. It has been the inexperience and youth of the team that has been our downfall. None of our players are "bad" players, some are getting past it or in need of tweek here or there, but most of them will only get better as they learn to cope with differing strategies or getting your head right when you lose a few games on the bounce. To play clever in essence, which only comes with experience.

Many of this seasons loses and draws have been fine margins. Last night's game was a good example. For the sake of a wonder goal that would have been in row Z 99 times out of 100 and a penalty shout that would have been given as often as not, we would have won 2-1. We weren't "played off the park" as some people are suggesting - when you're played off the park you don't lose by one goal. If anything, Watford have underachieved hugely this season, playing to the letter of the laws, rather than the spirit of them, with their plethora of foreign imports. Next year they will be a completely different team. Only once have we been beaten by more than one goal in the Championship, which means that the real frustration is that good results have been tantalisingly close. I'm not saying that we've never deserved to lose, because on some days we have been woefully bad - but then so has every team. At times we have been majestic, which shows our potential.

Lastly, even if Peason wasn't manager and it was someone else, I still wouldn't want him sacked. I'm fed up of the managerial merry-go-round. Why? Oh sorry, I forgot, Bolton, Palace, Forest have all sacked their managers mid-season and shot up the league. As have Wolves, Huddersfield, Blackpool, Barnsley and Bristol City... so naturally, replacing your manager is gauranteed success. We've had 11 managers (if you count NFP twice) in 10 years and where has that got us? Exactly.

Maybe it's time we tried something different?

Exactly!

Archived