Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SneakyFox

Player of the match? Disappointing player of the match?

Guest BlueBrett

Haven't got time for everything but all of long balls over the top that never found a City player?

I thought RDL was more than decent.  He was up and down his flank tirelessly all evening and linked up pretty well with Knocky, especially in the first half.

I thought RDL was more than decent.  He was up and down his flank tirelessly all evening and linked up pretty well with Knocky, especially in the first half.

Anyone can run up and down mate? His footballing tonight was poor.

King and James were standout.We scored cos woods first touch was so poor and led to a freekick.hard to criticise knocky perfect cross and lots of work,

Awful lot of ball given straight back from kasper.I would hope they will have a good look at the vid and just tighten up in a few areas no reason we cannot see Watford off with another win.The booking affected schlupp but he did a lot going forward lot of direct balls needs to play on sunday

King and James were standout.We scored cos woods first touch was so poor and led to a freekick.hard to criticise knocky perfect cross and lots of work,

Awful lot of ball given straight back from kasper.I would hope they will have a good look at the vid and just tighten up in a few areas no reason we cannot see Watford off with another win.The booking affected schlupp but he did a lot going forward lot of direct balls needs to play on sunday

It was Kanes poor first touch!

Of all the players who stepped out tonight, Schlupp easily had the worst match, not that our defence as a unit covered themselves in glory at times.  Another week and that miss-kick would have seen us down a goal.

Best player was James by a country mile. He rab the show for us in my opinion. So calm and composed. Hes pretty much got it all; he breaks down the play, can pass and has a shot on him. Dont want to go OTT but he is key to us standinf a chance of going up and has been key to our recent form.

Just another point, did anyone listen to his interview on Radio Leicester after the game? Loves the term "you know!" Alan Young taking the piss made me laugh.

I thought Dyer caused them a lot of problems when he was in space. I also thought that Schlupp was decent IN ATTACK but wasn't composed in defence. James and King did well breaking up attacks and I thought that Nugent got stuck in if he lost the ball.

As always Morgan was a rock so I'd say he was the best.

De Laet wasn't great but I'd say that Wido didnt really get into the game.

Yeh James was good, Dyer had a good game as well I thought.

Wood and Nugent were absolutely appalling, Nugent's goal aside. They didn't win any headers, they didnt get in the box enough, at times they looked lazy. They are still playing with no confidence at best.

The first touch of some of our players needs to be much better.

james   for best

wood for worst... and i quote my 12 year old grandsons words on his run off when  substituted   " nana, thats the fastest hes run all night" lol        keep kane in for watford away....

Yeh James was good, Dyer had a good game as well I thought.

Wood and Nugent were absolutely appalling, Nugent's goal aside. They didn't win any headers, they didnt get in the box enough, at times they looked lazy. They are still playing with no confidence at best.

The first touch of some of our players needs to be much better.

Maybe because there getting long balls hoofed up to them the majority of the time.

Sorry I thought it was wood from my vantage point at the back of the pub,mainpoint being that in periods we were knocking it pretty long and high and the front men were not holding it to well.We looked very good at times tonight and that was when the ball was low and quick.No reason to be afraid of these we can outplay them if we keep it down

Played really well

james

king 

dyer

played ok

morgan

kasper

keane

kane

played poor

nugent

wood

schlupp 

de laet

schlupp

knocky

Despite Nuge's goal i thought he was terrible. I know he 'was doing a job' on chalobah, but that should not affect his ability to play simple sunday league stuff

Maybe because there getting long balls hoofed up to them the majority of the time.

They were getting long balls hoofed up to them because their movement and first touch was terrible. They both looked a couple of yards of the pace at least.

When we had players moving forward with the ball they were hiding behind defenders. The players on the ball had no options and that set the tone.

We began to hoof it unecessarily in the second half but most of the time there was nothing going on in front of them.

How anyone can say RDL, I'll never know... they did **** all down that flank, absolutely **** all - was that an accident, RDL was bloody good?

He was great defensively which detracted from his usual attacking game

Best: James, run very close by King. Both were immense

Worst: I do like him but RDL.

Too many simple passes/crosses wrong. Watch it back (as I have just done), there are two within quick succession where he just smashes into the middle of midfield (one hits James and King tidies up) in the first half, then an overhit pass in the channel to King which is a simple pass to play and costs us a chance. Second half he screwed a simple cross into the Kop and over-hit a fair few balls down the channel before/after that. Briggs had a free header at the back post because of his slack marking... I could go on. Not the worst performance ever and he did some good defensive work but certainly our worst player tonight.

Archived