Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's time for 5:4:1 away at Watford

Guest BlueBrett

I reckon I'd go the opposite.

If Nugent is up top on his own, the ball will just keep coming straight back at us. Even with 5 at the back, we'll eventually concede.

I think we need to continue to attack them, with two strikers. We look better when on the front foot and going forward.

IMO.

I agree Col.  You don't sit back and give possession to a technically gifted passing side like Watford.  You have to press high up the pitch with two busy strikers and you need a second striker to hopefully pick up knock downs and latch on to flick ons when we inevitably start to go long in the second half.

We wont go through by playing for a nil nil.  We need goals!

But I would probably start Konch and put Schlupp upfront with Nuge, Wood has gone off the boil a little too much and Nuge will be full of confidence following the winner

And we know he wins his headers too! :scarf:

No. Control of possession is the key to stifling Watford, from what I can see. King and James looked far more comfortable on the ball than any of their midfield three. The 4-4-1-1 we were playing seemed perfect, we just need to play a less direct game, keep the tempo low, keep hold of the ball, keep our shape, press hard when we lose it. Don't let them hit us on the break by getting stretched but neither let them have the ball.

No. Control of possession is the key to stifling Watford, from what I can see. King and James looked far more comfortable on the ball than any of their midfield three. The 4-4-1-1 we were playing seemed perfect, we just need to play a less direct game, keep the tempo low, keep hold of the ball, keep our shape, press hard when we lose it. Don't let them hit us on the break by getting stretched but neither let them have the ball.

Absolutely spot on my friend...

:thumbup:

Watford have to attack and they attack well. we need to bolster our defence but have the speed to hit them on the counter.

I suggest:

DeLaet, Keane, Wes, Moore, Schlupp at the back

Knocky helping out DeLaet, Dyer helping out Schlupp. James and King in midfield with just Nuge up front.

Schlupp and DeLaet are both dangerous on the offensive and they'll have cover from three centre backs and Knocky and dyer.

We can stack the bench with alternative attackers in the case we need to go more offensive but this team has the speed to kill on the break.

Can't agree. We need to put Watford under pressure.

Similar sort of set up I reckon but better ball retention De Laet, Schlupp, wood and Nuge all guilty for giving ball away too much. We were most effective last night when james and king were dictating the play.

Strikers need to be sharper and better at holding the ball up this Sunday.

Come on city!

Do you get something out of winding other forum members up then Dave? Just for a laff like?

:o

I've become a bit bored trying to explain and inform, it appears that 'banter' is the way forward.

Some people do kind of ask for it though, not your good self of course.

I just find it hysterical that anyone who has been playing the slightest attention to our season should seriously suggest that we should go into a game with a decent side like Watford and set up and try and play a containing game, priceless.......... lol

My Team would be

Kasper

St Ledger- CB

Morgan -CB

Keane- CB

De Laet- WBR

Schlupp WBL

James- DM

King- CM

Drinkwater- CM

Knocky- AM

Kane- CF

Bench:

Logan, Konchesky, Moore, Marshall, Dyer, Wood & Nugent.

We need to play more direct there i think

My Team would be

Kasper

St Ledger- CB

Morgan -CB

Keane- CB

De Laet- WBR

Schlupp WBL

James- DM

King- CM

Drinkwater- CM

Knocky- AM

Kane- CF

Bench:

Logan, Konchesky, Moore, Marshall, Dyer, Wood & Nugent.

We need to play more direct there i think

Do you even know what playing Direct means? No by the looks of that.

Yes apparently by playing wing backs with Harry Kane up front by himself :|

You paint a disturbing picture Manwell........ :/

We started with the hoof about 15 minutes into the Watford game and kept it up most of the rest of the game, worse than that would be truly embarrassing.

Pretty strange considering NFP managed to pull off two tactical 'masterstrokes' in the same game.......

Archived