Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's time for 5:4:1 away at Watford

Watford have to attack and they attack well. we need to bolster our defence but have the speed to hit them on the counter.

I suggest:

DeLaet, Keane, Wes, Moore, Schlupp at the back

Knocky helping out DeLaet, Dyer helping out Schlupp. James and King in midfield with just Nuge up front.

Schlupp and DeLaet are both dangerous on the offensive and they'll have cover from three centre backs and Knocky and dyer.

We can stack the bench with alternative attackers in the case we need to go more offensive but this team has the speed to kill on the break.

Not sure really. I'm not a fan of when we play 451.

Also, they will be playing attacking football while looking to score to make it level, especially if the game is 0-0 for a long time. It would surely be open, so I'd still go with 2 up front.

I reckon I'd go the opposite.

If Nugent is up top on his own, the ball will just keep coming straight back at us. Even with 5 at the back, we'll eventually concede.

I think we need to continue to attack them, with two strikers. We look better when on the front foot and going forward.

IMO.

Changing to a new defensive format that none of the players will be familiar with is a recipe for disaster.

The simple fact is Watford need to score and will push for it, so as mentioned playing with just the 1 up front will just give the impetus to them.

I reckon we should go with the game plan which worked so well at Florest, albeit not letting in a goal inside 5mins

But I would probably start Konch and put Schlupp upfront with Nuge, Wood has gone off the boil a little too much and Nuge will be full of confidence following the winner

If Nugent is up top on his own, the ball will just keep coming straight back at us. Even with 5 at the back, we'll eventually concede.

I think we need to continue to attack them, with two strikers. We look better when on the front foot and going forward.

IMO.

Fully agree. 442 please Nige!

Not imo

Need a player to stop them breaking from the back or picking pacey players out with long passes, just like Nuge did for 94mins last night.

This is why I don't think we can 2 up front again and need to play 4411 again

Whilst I think Wood was disastrous last night, I would be tempted to play him up front on his own again, simply because Wood offers nothing off the bench whereas Kane does

Our problem will most likely be tiredness, as we covered a hell of a lot of ground last night.

I can see Konchesky being brought in for Schlupp, but I think Anja's pace will see us concede so I'm concerned about that flank. & Schlupp kept him pegged back in the second half more & more as the game went on

I'm not sure Watford have a plan b.

Where their style works well on the road, their home form indicates they can't mix it up well.

Whereas we've played in loads of different ways recently with a plan b, c & d

We should be focusing on scoring early on, I don't think they'll expect it, and if we do they need to score 3 to win the tie out right.

90 minutes is a long time to defend a 1-0 lead away from home no matter what your formation.

Not imo

Need a player to stop them breaking from the back or picking pacey players out with long passes, just like Nuge did for 94mins last night.

Whilst I think Wood was disastrous last night, I would be tempted to play him up front on his own again, simply because Wood offers nothing off the bench whereas Kane does

Our problem will most likely be tiredness, as we covered a hell of a lot of ground last night.

I can see Konchesky being brought in for Schlupp, but I think Anja's pace will see us concede so I'm concerned about that flank. & Schlupp kept him pegged back in the second half more & more as the game went on

Where their style works well on the road, their home form indicates they can't mix it up well.

I agree with you in that I think Anja is their most dangerous player. I think he'd tear Konchesky up for arse paper. To get something out of this game we gotta stop Anja supplying their forwards.

Not imo

This is why I don't think we can 2 up front again and need to play 4411 again

Where their style works well on the road, their home form indicates they can't mix it up well.

Correction - Whereas we've played in loads of different ways recently with a plan  c, d & e.

We don't have a plan b. :P 

Correction - Whereas we've played in loads of different ways recently with a plan  c, d & e.

We don't have a plan b. :P 

Wellens is our plan b.

IMO.

:fishing:

Don't think the OP was being serious.

Only a moron would set up defensively against Watford. It'd bound to mess up and we'd concede then we'd have to totally change formation and start all over again. 

Archived