Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Watford announcer

We're not a big side, get over it. We're within 30 miles of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. Our population is less than 80,000, so its a miracle that we even manage to get as many as we do.

I don't really see the point in gloating over the size of our club? We admittedly should have improved our ground over the years, but we've had more numpty owners than I've had hot dinners. 

I think the fact that there was many supporters watching the game from the comfort of their flats overlooking the ground, rather than fill the sea of empty seats is the problem. Was there a ticket price issue or something?

Hope Brighton go up, Watford will be a lot weaker and a bottom half team next season if they sort the loan rule out.

Then they'd just sign the players on free transfers. They'll find a loophole through any rule set, it's just the way it is.

We've got no more than 20,000 fans. That's the catchment area we've been dealt. The Midlands has always had evenly matched sides for people to pick. We have top premiership sides surrounding us, so what do people expect?

you don't get points for being a 'massive' side. Deal with it

We've got no more than 20,000 fans. That's the catchment area we've been dealt. The Midlands has always had evenly matched sides for people to pick. We have top premiership sides surrounding us, so what do people expect?

I dunno, Udine isn't really close to any large cities.

009755.jpg?v=1

It's almost abit embaressing how bitter our fans are sometimes.

...Infact, forget almost and abit, it is embaressing.

Accept graciously, I'm sure many other clubs slag us off for very similar things.

So have you never sold out at home then?

Regardless, not selling 2,000 for the away leg is extremely poor, no matter what way you look at it.

Then they'd just sign the players on free transfers. They'll find a loophole through any rule set, it's just the way it is.

I think the fact that there was many supporters watching the game from the comfort of their flats overlooking the ground, rather than fill the sea of empty seats is the problem. Was there a ticket price issue or something?

That is the Pozzo plan...its not like your average loan who comes and goes (hopefully)

The Rookery was full..Vicarage Road end rarely is.

Even in the Premier league we wouldn't sell out.

Before I start not selling 2000 away tickets is poor and we would easily sell that but besides not selling out at home? Isn't that what our fans want? Rather than 'daytrippers'?

I don't think people mind us having daytrippers at home to fill the stadium, in fact nobody fills a stadium with just hardcore.

What people don't like is daytrippers being able to get away tickets instead of season ticket holders.

If they just cannot sell out at home then fair enough, if you can't, you can't.

I don't think people mind us having daytrippers at home to fill the stadium, in fact nobody fills a stadium with just hardcore.

What people don't like is daytrippers being able to get away tickets instead of season ticket holders.

If they just cannot sell out at home then fair enough, if you can't, you can't.

First post I read in this thread?

They're an embarrassing club full stop.

Loaning in a team from Italy.

Failed to sell 2,000 tickets on Thursday.

Failed to sell out for their biggest home game in seven years.

Totally outsung all game at home.

Their fans immediately log onto Leicester forums within seconds of a fortuitous victory.

And you only have to look in the ticket thread(s) and I heard so many derogatory comments towards 'daytrippers' from our fans on Thursday around me/in the concourse. (Which only I personally can comment on)

Cant even sell out that tin pot ground.

To put this in to perspective. Leicester has a population of 330,000 or there abouts where as Watfords is 90,000, there for you get roughly 10% of the population of Leicester at home games where as for Watford that's about 15%.

Watford also have the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea within 15 miles or so. I have lived in Leicestershire since moving from Watford 15 years ago, here the county support their clubs; be it City or Tigers, there aren't any rivals.

Watford is not a tinpot club, we realistically over achieve in the circumstances.

Guest ttfn

Watford is not a tinpot club

Your announcer's "We are going up" rant would say otherwise. Honestly one of the most embarrassing things I've seen or heard at a football match. And I include Coventry's corner sponsorship in that.

Your announcer's "We are going up" rant would say otherwise. Honestly one of the most embarrassing things I've seen or heard at a football match. And I include Coventry's corner sponsorship in that.

Could be worst, we could have Birch and some old codger with a bugle.

Oh yeah!

Like us? :unsure:

I'll admit I took the piss out of Coventry's corner sponsorship adverts at the time, but we now have that too on our big screens, the only difference is we don't put the text underneath saying 'This corner is sponsored by -'

Unless you mean the corner seats being covered by a sponsorship banner, in which case fair enough, we don't do that.

Guest ttfn

Could be worst, we could have Birch and some old codger with a bugle.

At the start and half-time.

CHEER ON THE GO(A?)LDEN BOYS.

Cringe.

Watford were the better side, but what do you expect when they only field 3 of their own players ffs?

It is always the tinpot clubs who go up, did you see the empty seats behind their goal?Unbelievable!!

Really hope Brighton go up now (or Palace).

Its a hard life being a tinpot club... Watford winning today and Wigan winning yesterday.  

Archived