Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Pearson to stay

No it's not..

It's better than all this 'we'll do it next year' nonsense.

Targets should be given and stated IMO.

Pearson has failed in his self-given target this season.

I'll listen to someone who suggests that Pearson should be sacked if we don't go up next season rather than someone who talks about some arbitrary figure which can't be quantified and means jack shit.

Col

We have failed this season, simply failed.  End of

The last 18 games or so have been a joke (apart from the 3? we won lol)

Nigel got us nowhere near in reality, getting very low on confidence that he can actually improve us anymore

Time for a change? :dunno:

Play offs vs Cardiff was not a failure considering we'd just come up.

Didn't have a full season last year and had to cope with Sven's mess.

Also got Hull out of a massive mess.

So the only failure I'd say is this year!

3 years...  lol  lol  lol

Yes because you are a blind faith kinda guy ----- 4 years no promotion, big money and a million quid a year = failure

Lost in play offs against Cardiff

Didn't do anything last season

Failed in play offs against Watford

PS - Failed in season with Hull.... four crap years - looks like number 5 coming up though

Firstly you said for us, so why you feel the need to inject other stuff I have no idea. Secondly, if you consider failure to be losing on pennos in the play offs on your first season back in this division after years and years of finishing bottom half and actually finishing bottom three then perhaps you need to redefine your definition of failure.

Yes because you are a blind faith kinda guy ----- 4 years no promotion, big money and a million quid a year = failure

And you get this idea how?

I said he's failed this year. I'm indifferent between him staying or going so long as we keep most of our talented squad together. Just had to point out how he has not had 3 failed seasons. you're not taking circumstances into account and just saying because he hasn't achieved promotion in 4 years in this league that he is a terrible manager.

Are you on a wind up?

I'm torn. I think the situation is slightly different than when we lost to Cardiff. We weren't expected to make the play offs. This year play offs was a minimum expectation and we only just made that. I have always been a pearson fan and think we need stability. But the run we went on was terrible and even though we turned it around slightly at the end, I'm not sure if we need a change to ensure the rot doesn't continue.

And you get this idea how?

I said he's failed this year. I'm indifferent between him staying or going so long as we keep most of our talented squad together. Just had to point out how he has not had 3 failed seasons. you're not taking circumstances into account and just saying because he hasn't achieved promotion in 4 years in this league that he is a terrible manager.

Are you on a wind up?

A commonly held perception by those in denial (not particularly aimed at you)

I was delighted with Nige when he took us up from Div 3 and thought he did OK in the following season but lost his mojo in the play off first leg

After that he has been nothing short of average - poor at Hull (he finished behind us) he was very poor here last year, especially when faced with a chance to get to the play offs (the Millwall game springs to mind).

This year I thought he might prove me wrong around Xmas but his form since then and his inability to turn it around, even after a good game against Bolton, suggests he would be a good manager for a Doncaster or Barnsley but for Leicester City - sorry, just not good enough

A commonly held perception by those in denial (not particularly aimed at you)

I was delighted with Nige when he took us up from Div 3 and thought he did OK in the following season but lost his mojo in the play off first leg

After that he has been nothing short of average - poor at Hull (he finished behind us) he was very poor here last year, especially when faced with a chance to get to the play offs (the Millwall game springs to mind).

This year I thought he might prove me wrong around Xmas but his form since then and his inability to turn it around, even after a good game against Bolton, suggests he would be a good manager for a Doncaster or Barnsley but for Leicester City - sorry, just not good enough

Since you feel this way and we'll end up agreeing to disagree. Who would be a sensible suggestion for a replacement?

I didn't want him and his turgid football back at the club and nothing that he did last season changed my mind.

This season when we played it on the floor and took the game to the opposition I thought that perhaps he'd learnt and moved forward as a manger, then for some reason he reverted to defending first and the sparkle disappeared.

The last 18 games or so have been dreadful and we've gone backwards as a team, yes they've looked up for it again in the last few games but something is still clearly wrong.

The team, let alone the squad is clearly not good enough and changes need to be made so the argument over a new manager bringing in new players is redundant.

He's bought in Morgan but we seem unable to attract any other experienced players when the team was screaming out for an experienced midfielder and defender.

There never appear to be a number of better managers available, strange that, I wonder why?

What do other clubs do about that, perhaps they let the current manager go and better managers suddenly make themselves known as being available?

The high turnover of managers over the last few years is of no importance, in the main they were dogshit and should have gone earlier, why worry about mistakes made in the past, perhaps the next manager will move us on, perhaps he won't but I have no confidence in Pearson being able to do it.

Time to go

Since you feel this way and we'll end up agreeing to disagree. Who would be a sensible suggestion for a replacement?

Well I wanted Bruce last year and that wouldn't have been so bad....

McCarthy might come, Lennon obviously would be good, Chris Powell would prob be my favourite right now.

Freedman was a miss as was Adkins a few weeks ago....board doesn't seem to know what to do

Ole Gunnar, Pardew if he gets the elbow or falls on his sword and I'll always have a soft spot for St Martin

As it is, I think the board will be as blind as the many faithful and another plodding season beckons....

McCarthy might come, Lennon obviously would be good, Chris Powell would prob be my favourite right now.

Freedman was a miss as was Adkins a few weeks ago....board doesn't seem to know what to do

Ole Gunnar, Pardew if he gets the elbow or falls on his sword and I'll always have a soft spot for St Martin

As it is, I think the board will be as blind as the many faithful and another plodding season beckons....

lol LOL

he was very poor here last year, especially when faced with a chance to get to the play offs (the Millwall game springs to

Remind us of your thoughts on someone who fecked up an equally good chance the year before?

Definitely stick, I think we'll play more attractive football next season than the last few games of this when we have HAD to get results. He will make one or two good signings and we will be set to push for top 2 next season. I don't think the division looks that threatening next season, especially if brighton go up.

Was Bruce available when we were managerless? - if so I would agree.

I doubt Mccarthy will move from what he's set up at Ipswich - he's that sort of manager.

Big fan of Powell and the fantastic job he's done at Charlton!! Not sure Lennon would be all that, I'd need convincing with him but he'd certainly get the players going and he's a popular former player...

Adkins was probably a miss but they gave Nige a chance which I thought was fair.

Ole Gunnar would be exciting. Pardew won't get sacked I don't think.

Wouldn't want MON to come back. Don't think it will turn out well.

Personally, there were hints of this Rene Girard (Montpellier) who seems an exciting French manager and has said he'd be willing to drop down to the championship to coach in England.

Bruce - Just because he has been promoted this season 1 point in front of Zola.

McCarthy - Same type of manager as our current

Lennon - Unproven in a shitty Scottish league.

Chris Powell - Finished below us 2 seasons in management, no track record.

Freedman - Finished below us.

Adkins - Clutching at straws.

Ole Gunnar - Proven in some shitty league.

Pardrew - no chance prem quality.

O'Niell - anyone would have him back I think, unlikely

We need stability and to keep growing. This would be a massive step backwards. League 1 title in his first full season, play offs in his 2nd full season, play offs again in his 3rd full season. Take a look at Cardiff; you don't get promoted based on one season. We have to build, and I believe we have some solid foundations.

Archived