Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Pearson to stay

I don't want him to go really, but it's hard to defend him.

Despite that great game against Forest we're still not very good.

There's no way of avoiding the fact we've got worse as the season has gone on, and I can't believe we've descended into such a long ball team.

He was doing a good job, but he's undone a lot of his good work. He's got some very furstrating blind spots which have cost us.

We look a long way from a promotion team at the moment, though we do have some talented youngsters in Knocky and James, and good players like Wes, Nugent (when he pulls his finger out) and Kasper (who will probably leave).

It depends whether you take the season as a whole, or the last few months, where we have got worse. What if we continue to get worse?

Pearson didn't know how to arrest the slide properly so is he able to do so now?

I like Pearson, I'm a Pearson fan and I want him to stay.

But barr from the last 2 or 3 weeks, I can't stick up for him, I can't defend him.

So, I've covered both opinions there, but just to concluded both arguments, to the people wanting him sacked, who is there out there ready to replace him?

No-One, IMO, Not better than Pearson, Who out there is outstandingly, guarenteed, better than Peason?

Therefore surely stick with Pearson for now, even if it's for a few games for the start of next season, then if a better manager becomes available through being sacked for a bad start to the season fair enough sack Pearson, get the 'better' manager who has been sacked in.

But who at this current moment can we 'poach' from another club to replace Pearson who is better - No many, if any, I can tell you that.

My 'beef' is with the players and not for these past 3 games because they have proved me wrong, they have excited me, made me happy, made me dream, but for the 17 games previous the the last 3 games, they have really frustrated me, really made me angry, really question whether I should carry on going to games.

We need better playing IMO, not a new or better manager - You could argue Pearson has bought the players in, but they played good enough for the first half of the season, you could argue Pearson hasn't got them 'up' for the second half of the season, at the end of the day we don't know, we can't explain it, Pearson can't seem to explain it, the player's can't seem to explain it, but Pearson has had success (If you call 2 playoff finishes success) in the 3 years he has been our manager. He can only do so much.

Keep building. Good young squad.

When will people learn a managerial merry-go-round doesn't work?

Have the last 12 years been a horrible nightmare of mine?

Marshall, Drinkwater, Vardy, Marshall and Waghorn aren't good enough for the automatic spots.  Unless we sign at least first class (not promising or good) centre half, left back, left winger and 2 strikers you can write next season off.

I like Pearson, I'm a Pearson fan and I want him to stay.

But barr from the last 2 or 3 weeks, I can't stick up for him, I can't defend him.

So, I've covered both opinions there, but just to concluded both arguments, to the people wanting him sacked, who is there out there ready to replace him?

No-One, IMO, Not better than Pearson, Who out there is outstandingly, guarenteed, better than Peason?

Therefore surely stick with Pearson for now, even if it's for a few games for the start of next season, then if a better manager becomes available through being sacked for a bad start to the season fair enough sack Pearson, get the 'better' manager who has been sacked in.

But who at this current moment can we 'poach' from another club to replace Pearson who is better - No many, if any, I can tell you that.

My 'beef' is with the players and not for these past 3 games because they have proved me wrong, they have excited me, made me happy, made me dream, but for the 17 games previous the the last 3 games, they have really frustrated me, really made me angry, really question whether I should carry on going to games.

We need better playing IMO, not a new or better manager - You could argue Pearson has bought the players in, but they played good enough for the first half of the season, you could argue Pearson hasn't got them 'up' for the second half of the season, at the end of the day we don't know, we can't explain it, Pearson can't seem to explain it, the player's can't seem to explain it, but Pearson has had success (If you call 2 playoff finishes success) in the 3 years he has been our manager. He can only do so much.

But if he can't explain it, how will he address it next season?

You must have been born after 2000 then.

Must?

No, I just wasn't going to City games before 2000, because I was a small child from a family that isn't big on football.

3 full seasons, one title two top six finishes in which a penalty kick was the deciding factor on progression to the premier league. i wish all the people who come on here saying get rid, would also express an alternative!

stick with him, we have the makings of a very good team here, with a good blend of youth and experience, just feel we need a 'kevin nolan' type of midfielder and we will be a real force next year.

although i think the owners have done terrific things for our club, their initial statement of 'promotion in two years' has raised expectations to a ridiculous level amongst us supporters, and piled on the pressure on the players and management team

so i say stick with the current set up, our time will come. it might be next season, might be not. this is a really hard league to get out of, im sure there are many fans of 'big' teams in the championship who feel they are the ones for promotion, but there are only three places avaliable with possibly a dozen teams fighting for them.

be loud n proud and support our team through thick and thin, good times and bad

Absolutely agree with this - it would be a stupid decision to sack Pearson now.  Remember - Cardiff were in a similar position to us last season - and look where they are now.  This is a promotion team in the making.  A few decent signings during the summer - and we should be able to launch a better challenge next season.  

We should never have gotten in the situation we got ourselves into for the final games of the season given the position we were in. He has to take blame for that. He also has to take credit for getting us back into the playoffs and very nearly getting us to Wembley (again). I'm split on whether he should stay or go. For stability's sake I want him to stay, and he strikes me as a very determined character who would be up to the task again. However I doubt his ability to make our team better and more consistent over a whole season. Either option is risky in my view...

Favourites - disagree...Kanes contract meant he had to play parts or it cost us.

Long ball - disagree if anything our balls over the top or through balls are poor and need to be worked on.

Team spirit seemed to be sky high.....ciant say I see that from many Championship teams

What makes you think we will be stronger? Will he sign more Vardys, fall out with more players? Will he suddenly over the summer learn some tactics, how to make effective subs, deal with strong characters?

Not saying he is all bad, but he has very evident weakness's and doesn't seem to be learning from them, so can anyone really see us for some reason being stronger next season when we have just underachieved in a pretty poor division.

A new approach next year please.

I still maintain the messing around with the team at and after the Huddersfield cup game, led to our bad run.

Today, what was the Drinkwater substitution meant to do?

And Knocky taking the penalty, I love Knocky to bits, but the manager should have got the message out there, Nugent for the penalty.

Nothing against Pearson personally, seems a straight up bloke, all the best to him for the fiture, but we need a different approach next season.

Hull don't seem to have missed him, would we?

I dare say Hull (and Bruce) benefited greatly from the foundations Pearson had put in place. Just remember with Pearson you don't just get his management but also his excellent scouting system. Give them another summer and we may just have another couple of gems on the books taking us forward as a squad.

We've got to keep him, he's building something here and he needs time to achieve that. Sack him and we will be going round in circles, we need a bit of stability for once. Sacking him would be suicidal.

Is he? What's he building?

I thought I knew, but I'm not so sure now.

I dare say Hull (and Bruce) benefited greatly from the foundations Pearson had put in place. Just remember with Pearson you don't just get his management but also his excellent scouting system. Give them another summer and we may just have another couple of gems on the books taking us forward as a squad.

Really? I think you'll find most of their first team weren't even Pearson players!

Archived