Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Pearson to stay

Has turned my opinion of him round the last few weeks and had the players fighting for each other.

I for one am proud of what we achieved and think to go back to square one could be disastrous.

If we start season poorly by all means get rid but for now Nigel...i salute you!!

Funny, many pundits thought we were the best footballing side in the league a few months ago along with a hell of a lot on here. We still need rid of a few and a few new faces. lets see what the summer brings.

I honestly do not know anymore. I don't know whether keeping him or getting someone else in would be better, I'm just supporting the man who's managing our team next season.

Honestly, if we were playing how we were at the start of the season, and the season had finished like this, I would have been eager to keep him on. But now, I'm not so sure. Not because of results so much, but because of our style of football.

We play the text-book long ball game. I don't know why we reverted to this, but if this is how we play next season, then I don't think Pearson should stay. We seem to be going backwards.

Favourites - disagree...Kanes contract meant he had to play parts or it cost us.

Long ball - disagree if anything our balls over the top or through balls are poor and need to be worked on.

Team spirit seemed to be sky high.....cant say I see that from many Championship teams

My main worry is our financial state and considering we are not throwing stupid money around like the Sven days if we dont get out of the Championship for another few years I yrust we wont go the way of Leeds and Portsmouth.....stability is key...as is sustainability

He stays. He's built a young squad with plenty of potential, shipped some shit out and if he stays beckford and danns will be hopefully gone in the summer. This team will be a year older, a year wiser, with a couple of additions we will be ready to challenge again next season.

I don't see this end of session slump as a team that will continue in this fashion at the start of next season but a team that lost confidence and ran out of steam. Pearson has to take some of the blame for that but he deserves the chance to rectify the situation for next season.

I think Pearson should stay - we were one missed penalty away from Wembley!

Getting someone else in will just lead to another mass change of playing squad and this club needs some stability.

And who else is there to replace him? Hughes after his spectacular cock-up at QPR? McLeish after his Forest debacle? Perhaps some idiot would like Saunders to take over and see us in League One?!! There are no decent managers out of work....anyone who thinks O'Neill would come back is living in cloud cuckoo land!

3 full seasons, one title two top six finishes in which a penalty kick was the deciding factor on progression to the premier league. i wish all the people who come on here saying get rid, would also express an alternative!

stick with him, we have the makings of a very good team here, with a good blend of youth and experience, just feel we need a 'kevin nolan' type of midfielder and we will be a real force next year.

although i think the owners have done terrific things for our club, their initial statement of 'promotion in two years' has raised expectations to a ridiculous level amongst us supporters, and piled on the pressure on the players and management team

so i say stick with the current set up, our time will come. it might be next season, might be not. this is a really hard league to get out of, im sure there are many fans of 'big' teams in the championship who feel they are the ones for promotion, but there are only three places avaliable with possibly a dozen teams fighting for them.

be loud n proud and support our team through thick and thin, good times and bad

Archived