Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Pearson to stay

How do you know??

Incapable of what exactly? not spending millions and putting the club into a position where they need to achieve promotion to get out of debt.

He won 2 games in the last 16 of this season.

Don`t let the fact we scraped into the play offs cloud that issue.

If he had won 2 from the first 16 games of this season, and we were stranded at the bottom of the league, would you still be saying he was the right man for the job?

The five game winning run we had in january, actually made a difference to be fair, it saved us from what with out that run, would have been a nervy relegation battle!

How long?

How many years does he get?

State a figure...

He should get another year and then it should be evaluated based on how the season has gone and the position the club finds itself in. It's too simplistic to just ask someone to put a figure on it.

He won 2 games in the last 16 of this season.

Don`t let the fact we scraped into the play offs cloud that issue.

If he had won 2 from the first 16 games of this season, and we were stranded at the bottom of the league, would you still be saying he was the right man for the job?

The five game winning run we had in january, actually made a difference to be fair, it saved us from what with out that run, would have been a nervy relegation battle!

Of course I wouldn't but he finished 6th if im not wrong not bottom of the table?

So you expect him to gain promotion straight away, I bet you will be saying the same next year when the new man in charge hasn't managed to achieve promotion.

What do you mean, straight the way, he has had longer than Sven got, and we never came close to the horrendous run we have had since january, while he was in charge.

2 wins in 16 games, do you believe that is good enough, do you believe that is progress. I don`t!

He should get another year and then it should be evaluated based on how the season has gone and the position the club finds itself in. It's too simplistic to just ask someone to put a figure on it.

No it's not..

It's better than all this 'we'll do it next year' nonsense.

Targets should be given and stated IMO.

Pearson has failed in his self-given target this season.

I'll listen to someone who suggests that Pearson should be sacked if we don't go up next season rather than someone who talks about some arbitrary figure which can't be quantified and means jack shit.

Well my evaluation of this season is that after winning just 2 games from the last 16, to keep Pearson could end up with us in a relegation battle next season.

Time for change? Pearson came back to replace Sven and took the team to the brink of the play-offs last season but sadly near the end petered out and we ended in 12th place. All too familiar this season too... again on the brink of promotion and then petered out again? Does everyone want possibly the same again next season? His record speaks volumes... he lacks the skill to get the team where it needs to be, therefore he's not good enough. He needs to go, and go now. The owners are not going to stay around much longer on these results. They have to change... all said and done, they are part and parcel of the problem? They should listen to the fans, but then the fans are just as indecisive about the manager too!

What do you mean, straight the way, he has had longer than Sven got, and we never came close to the horrendous run we have had since january, while he was in charge.

2 wins in 16 games, do you believe that is good enough, do you believe that is progress. I don`t!

But he done pretty well blowing 20million+ and bringing in players on silly contracts, thank god he isn't still here we would be a laughing stock, if we aren't already from his time here.

I agree 2 wins in 16 is terrible but you have to look at the season on a whole 3 wins would have seen us grab automatic and that was cost in 3 minutes in 3 games by players. add to that the young squad we have, wage bill reduced he hasn't done that bad.

It's a tough one but I think we should stick with him.

I don't want another rebuild, we don't need it. Pearson will learn from this season.

A new left back, defensive midfielder, winger and pacey striker and we'll be a one hell of a team.

No it's not..

It's better than all this 'we'll do it next year' nonsense.

Targets should be given and stated IMO.

Pearson has failed in his self-given target this season.

I'll listen to someone who suggests that Pearson should be sacked if we don't go up next season rather than someone who talks about some arbitrary figure which can't be quantified and means jack shit.

But do we sack a manager every season until we get promoted? At some point we need to give a manager more than one full season.

To be honest I'm not convinced Pearson will get us promoted next season but I'm willing to give him the opportunity to do so.

Get rid, he fluked getting into the play offs at the last minute and his poor team got found out over 2 legs - he is tactically poor, chooses favourites, falls out with too many players, made 2 poor substitutions today (Drinkwater and Kane are both nowhere near good enough or fit enough to play in a game like this) and apart from Nugent, Kasper and Wes (2 of which he didn't sign) has too much work to do to build a new team for next year

This is his third failure season here - please Top don't let him write a fourth off

It's a tough one but I think we should stick with him.

I don't want another rebuild, we don't need it. Pearson will learn from this season.

A new left back, defensive midfielder, winger and pacey striker and we'll be a one hell of a team.

A new manager doesn't have to mean a total rebuild, look at Hull, Cardiff, Swansea, Chelsea, a few tweaks but more importantly fresh ideas and coaching staff. If the owners make it clear in the interview that the new man has to largely work with what we have but has backing for a few quality additions then why does everyone think it will be a complete rebuild.

A new manager doesn't have to mean a total rebuild, look at Hull, Cardiff, Swansea, Chelsea, a few tweaks but more importantly fresh ideas and coaching staff. If the owners make it clear in the interview that the new man has to largely work with what we have but has backing for a few quality additions then why does everyone think it will be a complete rebuild.

...because every manager has his own ideas and they'll be certain players he won't pick as much, who'll get unhappy and so on and so on.

Sure I read we have the third youngest team in the championship, which is testament to the rebuilding project we are on. I'm actually unsure that we can recruit a better manager than Pearson at the moment, there's not many 'realistic' ones out there... Forget RDM, never going to happen. I say one more year of the players coming of age and a some additions, balancing the books and then see where we are.

Well my evaluation of this season is that after winning just 2 games from the last 16, to keep Pearson could end up with us in a relegation battle next season.

That's not an evaluation of the season, that's an evaluation of 16 games.

Last time he left it set us back two years.

Remember when we got relegated to League 1? How many managers in a season?

Replacing a manager is risky in the Championship because of how tight it is. Look at Wolves....

Edit:

Forgot to mention - Ferguson had seasons not winning anything. Mancini leaving. Which team is going to be the strongest in 5 seasons time (if Ferguson was still managing and ten years younger) Utd or City?

The team with stability. The team with a structure. The team with the long term plan. Not just the first team but the overall picture.

I really hope so. I genuinely don't think there's many English-born manager out there, aside from a few PL clubs, who have the ability to manage under high-expectations.

But do we sack a manager every season until we get promoted? At some point we need to give a manager more than one full season.

To be honest I'm not convinced Pearson will get us promoted next season but I'm willing to give him the opportunity to do so.

Nope..

Two full seasons IMO.

I'm convinced that's what Pearson will get. I'd be amazed to see him sacked, he seems popular with the Thais.

If we don't go up next season though, it's time for a change.

Get rid, he fluked getting into the play offs at the last minute and his poor team got found out over 2 legs - he is tactically poor, chooses favourites, falls out with too many players, made 2 poor substitutions today (Drinkwater and Kane are both nowhere near good enough or fit enough to play in a game like this) and apart from Nugent, Kasper and Wes (2 of which he didn't sign) has too much work to do to build a new team for next year

This is his third failure season here - please Top don't let him write a fourth off

It's not a fluke when it's decided over 46 games.

It's not a fluke when it's decided over 46 games.

Fair play - was a great season in retrospect - I particularly enjoyed the 2 wins in 16 games , the gradual deterioration of quality and the icing on the cake of probably losing the best keeper we have had for years.....keep it up Nige

Nope..

Two full seasons IMO.

I'm convinced that's what Pearson will get. I'd be amazed to see him sacked, he seems popular with the Thais.

If we don't go up next season though, it's time for a change.

I'd agree with that. Aslong as we challenge in the first season then a manager should get a second. Much like Cardiff last year who finished 6th then improved this season, albeit with extra financial backing that we probably won't have.

Archived