Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeattleShane

Why do so many fans want Pearson to be the manager next season?

Hey. I'm on your side. That was tongue in cheek...

I think we need another year, then decide...

Fair play. Apologies :D

Really? The entire Man United team? Utterly ridiculous statement. We've played more than 442 this year, not as often as we have I'll grant you but for the first 1/2 or 2/3 of the season we played some magnificent football under the same manager and same system. I bet you weren't complaining then. You're trying to tell me that a few wins in that horrendous run in (and you'll note that neither I nor pretty much anybody is denying how bad it was) and we couldn't have got ourselves an automatic promotion place? Again that's ridiculous.

On the other side of the coin, a few more defeats and we had a relegation battle on our hands. We did play some good football, but it seems the longer players spent with Pearson and his coaching staff, with perhaps James as exception, everything positive evaporated alarmingly and he was largely unable to arrest it, even with the support of new players and trips to Portugal.do not forget the first 10 games of the season as well were he was probably only a defeat or two away from the sack. He plays 442 and occasionally a ineffective 443 with players out of position, compare that with teams that come to the walkers, or the fluid style of Watford.

Yes there is, a manager who doesn't know how to win enough away games or change a game if not going to plan. I am positive if Man utd loaned us there entire team, Pearson wouldn't get automatic promotion as unlike Fergie, he has no idea what he's doing, just picks his favorite 11 in a rigid 442 and cross's his fingers...

lol harsh but made me laugh

So maybe a bit true lol

Well, that's what most of them are, why shy away from it?

Posters like Seenitall, 5waller5 and Flowwolf have had been clear that they don't want him at the club all season regardless of our performances, why bother trying to hide it?

And nothing I have seen has changed my mind...no apologies, it was a bad move getting him back and we are no further forward and have a significantly weaker (albeit a bit cheaper) squad than when he joined.

Next season will be more of the same but I am an old man and can wait for sense to prevail..........but I am not changing my view based on a couple of 5 game runs in a very poor league this season.

And didn't get as far as either of them......well done Nige, whatwas it, bad luck?

And that has to do with what, do you even read anything that's said.

But whilst you ask, no missing a penno, and the other team running up the other end and scoring happens all the team. No freak goings on there.

And that has to do with what, do you even read anything that's said.

But whilst you ask, no missing a penno, and the other team running up the other end and scoring happens all the team. No freak goings on there.

We shouldn't have had the penalty, we should have scored it, we should have left some defenders back...........If youn ignore the facts and the results then Nige got us promoted and is brilliant

And nothing I have seen has changed my mind...no apologies, it was a bad move getting him back and we are no further forward and have a significantly weaker (albeit a bit cheaper) squad than when he joined.

Sorry I'm confused, no further forward? Significantly weaker?

Whilst the season fizzled out disappointingly after two pretty decent thirds of a season, we finished 6th. Something we haven't achieved since the last time he was here. Whilst the squad might not have the bodies it did have (most of which never saw the light of day anyway... Johnson, Pantsil, Ball etc) they haven't been weaker in terms of picking up results.

We shouldn't have had the penalty, we should have scored it, we should have left some defenders back...........If you ignore the facts and the results then Nige got us promoted and is brilliant

And you sir would know as you are an expert.

Sorry I'm confused, no further forward? Significantly weaker?

Whilst the season fizzled out disappointingly after two pretty decent thirds of a season, we finished 6th. Something we haven't achieved since the last time he was here. Whilst the squad might not have the bodies it did have (most of which never saw the light of day anyway... Johnson, Pantsil, Ball etc) they haven't been weaker in terms of picking up results.

2points more than last year, 1more than the year before.....so no further forward and the form of the last 3months is the worst in years= weaker going into next season..........

2points more than last year, 1more than the year before.....so no further forward and the form of the last 3months is the worst in years= weaker going into next season..........

Now, I know mathematics is not your strong point. But I'm pretty sure 2 points more than last year is actually classed as moving forward, especially considering without them we wouldn't have been in the play offs. And with a reduced wage bill and you already pointed out.

More points for less investment is actually not a bad thing you know.

How about form over the last six games, or does that not count seeing as it was better than Palace and Watford?

If we play hoofball next season, then we will go down. There are some really good teams coming down next season as well as coming up from the 1st division. It's going to be another year of blood and guts. We need to try and keep our best players, buy a John Terry/Tony Adams type defender and also a strong midfeilder, Roy Keane/Patrick Veria, 

If NP can do all of this then he has my backing. If he decides to play hoofball next season then we will get relegated.

Now, I know mathematics is not your strong point. But I'm pretty sure 2 points more than last year is actually classed as moving forward, especially considering without them we wouldn't have been in the play offs. And with a reduced wage bill and you already pointed out.

More points for less investment is actually not a bad thing you know.

How about form over the last six games, or does that not count seeing as it was better than Palace and Watford?

Really, you really think that a 2point improvement is moving forwards? Scraping in on goal difference with the lowest total for play offs ever and then getting played off the park by Watford in the play offs, mustering up 1 shot on target in the return leg is moving forward.

Jeez the brainwashing has got to you fella

Really, you really think that a 2point improvement is moving forwards?

Your accountant must love you, probably robbing you blind!! I'm not sure how to spell this out. Finishing 6th is better than finishing 9th, it's not moving backwards, it's not staying the same... it's moving up the table. Similarly finishing on 68 points is not worse or the same as finishing on 66 points.

It's quite simple.

Scraping in on goal difference with the lowest total for play offs ever

And that shows nothing at all does it really, other than the league was more competitive than ever.

and then getting played off the park by Watford in the play offs, mustering up 1 shot on target in the return leg is moving forward.

Arrrgh so it's all down to one performance now! Played off the park and they still needed us to miss a penno to get through.

and then getting played off the park by Watford in the play offs

I would like to dispute this.

We won the first leg and we came within one kick of winning the second.

We were played off the park the second half of the second leg. I do think this was a problem with tactics (shouldn't have taken Dyer off and should have held on to the ball better) and the team being exhausted.

However, you cant state we were played off the park for the entire playoffs.

Stop worrying about who is available, as mentioned above with a salary on offer of 1m there will be plenty of decent mangers, currently employed, who will apply.

1m is the pre-FFP contract that Pearson was offered. There is absolutely no way in the world that the next manager will be offered that kind of money. Even Pearson won't be offered that kind of money if the owners offer him another contract so the job will not pay 1m per year

WE LOVE YOU PEARSON, WE DO.

WE LOVE YOU PEARSON, WE DO.

WE LOVE YOU PEARSON, WE DO.

OOOOH PEARSON WE LOVE YOU.

I know theres plenty of Nige threads, but If the Thias are reading this: IF YOU WANT PROMOTION...KEEP PEARSON. If Nige is reading this: KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND SO ARE 80% OF OUR FANS.

And finally to everyone on this site, if you genuinly want success get bloody behind our manager. I will be extremely suprised if by Jan we ARNT around the top 2 and this time continue to the top 2 by mid may, providing one thing: NIGE IS OUR MANAGER ON AUGUST 3RD!

Cheers. ROLL ON NEW SEASON!

Your accountant must love you, probably robbing you blind!! I'm not

Arrrgh so it's all down to one performance now! Played off the park and they still needed us to miss a penno to get through.

Seenitall's season long plan to break Babs is almost complete. Keep taking a diametrically opposite view son. Almost there. The shit spouting must continue.

Why do most fans seem to think we have a God given right to go up and that our team is better than everyone else's and that NP has effed it up? People, seem to think there are 23 other teams in the league, all capable of beating each other and plotting to beat us when they play us. Yes he needs to go back to playing it on the deck (and seems to for spells in the run in) as that where our strengths lie. Dyer has been a real threat recently (no matter what a lot of people say) and his pace terrifies and his end product has improved.

We were a Knocky miss away from Wembley and played some great stuff this season. I'm getting a bit bored of these in/out threads that keep popping up. He's the manager and that's that. Back him and the team. If he keeps progressing and we play like we did mid-season then awesome. A couple of adds and we are good.

Can we just have summer of loving each other, speculating on signings and no whining? Pretty please?

80 percent in favour with a total collapse since January? Relegation form for next season.

I guess the answer is fairly obvious.  Most sensible fans don't blame a good quality manager alone for a poor peiod in the season.

Nigel Pearson has a long proven track record in management and in particular with LCFC. 

We are all dissapointed that we are not going to Wembley and possibly up to the EPL.

Nigel wasn't the one who missed the penalty in the 96th min who would have won the playoff final.  So would people be calling for his head if Knocky scored the penalty?

Get over the dissapointment and look forward now to the next season, with a very good manager in Nigel Pearson in control.

Archived