Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeattleShane

Why do so many fans want Pearson to be the manager next season?

WE LOVE YOU PEARSON, WE DO.

OOOOH PEARSON WE LOVE YOU.

I know theres plenty of Nige threads, but If the Thias are reading this: IF YOU WANT PROMOTION...KEEP PEARSON. If Nige is reading this: KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND SO ARE 80% OF OUR FANS.

And finally to everyone on this site, if you genuinly want success get bloody behind our manager. I will be extremely suprised if by Jan we ARNT around the top 2 and this time continue to the top 2 by mid may, providing one thing: NIGE IS OUR MANAGER ON AUGUST 3RD!

Cheers. ROLL ON NEW SEASON!

Thanks for wasting my time, utter drivel.

So if I want the manager to succeed I have to get behind him, he's had my support In the past, and was found wanting, with a season and half of inconsistent results.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are top two in jan, we were this season, look what happened.

Don't expect to much Nigel Pearson isn't all that, average manager and if he stays I expect an average finish next season.

I kind of get this blind loyalty to Pearson, but out of the 80 percent voted if you asked them if you want Pearson, or just don't want another change I think his support wouldn't be 80 percent.

I just think he is an average manager, if we keep him it shows how little ambition the club and 80 percent of fans on this forum have

I guess the answer to the OP's question is simple then. We are better than last season, have a great young squad, a clever tactically aware manager who buys great young and hungry players and occasionally we will flirt with the lottery of the play offs in division 2.

Off for the summer hols now, can't wait for next season's excitement, perhaps we'll get 70 points......

I know theres plenty of Nige threads, but If the Thias are reading this: IF YOU WANT PROMOTION...KEEP PEARSON. If Nige is reading this: KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND SO ARE 80% OF OUR FANS.

And finally to everyone on this site, if you genuinly want success get bloody behind our manager. I will be extremely suprised if by Jan we ARNT around the top 2 and this time continue to the top 2 by mid may, providing one thing: NIGE IS OUR MANAGER ON AUGUST 3RD!

And this kids, is exactly why you should avoid drugs!

Fully mental,, find an outside interest but nothing to do with writing.

Maybe lose that virginity

He's building the foundations of a very good team of players. I can only imagine the average age of our squad is quite young and therefore suggests he's building for the future.

If a new manager were to take over at the KP we would see a dramatic overhaul of the current players. Every manager likes to have his own preferred players in each position. This would cost us more money and time for them to settle. The squad we have right now (excluding of couple of additions in the summer) are settled, growing in confidence and will get us up.

This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Backing Pearson 100%

This is the classic Pearson supporting post.

Firstly, no, this is a sprint! We can't afford ( literally ) to take a 5 year approach to this and hope things work! With the financial backing, facilities and infra structure at city it is not acceptable to be waiting years.

Secondly, the notion that a new manager will tear up the squad is absolute tosh. Freedman and holloway jump to mind, and even mick McCarthy has used virtually the same Ipswich team to change their fortunes.

People talk about a new manager splitting up the squad, have they considered the impact of Pearson's failure this season? Already paper talk is linking kasper and Andy king to other clubs, would this have happened If we were promoted?

Pearson has done 'ok'. He's took us as far as he is able to with his ability, but I'm afraid I'm sick of hearing the same excuse, sick of long balls to Wood, sick of him falling out with journalists, sick of his aloof attitude and sick of hearing about alledged bust ups with players.

Firstly, no, this is a sprint! We can't afford ( literally ) to take a 5 year approach to this and hope things work! With the financial backing, facilities and infra structure at city it is not acceptable to be waiting years.

Secondly, the notion that a new manager will tear up the squad is absolute tosh. Freedman and holloway jump to mind, and even mick McCarthy has used virtually the same Ipswich team to change their fortunes.

People talk about a new manager splitting up the squad, have they considered the impact of Pearson's failure this season? Already paper talk is linking kasper and Andy king to other clubs, would this have happened If we were promoted?

Pearson has done 'ok'. He's took us as far as he is able to with his ability, but I'm afraid I'm sick of hearing the same excuse, sick of long balls to Wood, sick of him falling out with journalists, sick of his aloof attitude and sick of hearing about alledged bust ups with players.

And this is the classic Anti-Pearson post

And this is the classic Anti-Pearson post

The big difference is one is based on fact and one not.

Pearson failed to promote us - Fact

He falls out with journos ( not just IS ) - fact

He falls out with players - Fact

He's never took a team up from this league - fact

We play long ball to Wood - fact

For Pearson - non facts

The squad would be rebuilt if he left

We wouldn't do as well

He will get it right... Maybe... Possibly

Secondly, the notion that a new manager will tear up the squad is absolute tosh. Freedman and holloway jump to mind, and even mick McCarthy has used virtually the same Ipswich team to change their fortunes

1) The owners previously stated they want promotion but this was before FFP was mentioned. We are building a squad for both short and long term.

2)Freedman and Holloway have not had the chance to change the team around. They joined their respective clubs before the January transfer window ( a transfer window notorious for the difficulty in bringing in players)

3) Yes paper talk! Do they want to go? Do we have to sell?

The big difference is one is based on fact and one not.

Pearson failed to promote us - Fact

He falls out with journos ( not just IS ) - fact

He falls out with players - Fact

He's never took a team up from this league - fact

We play long ball to Wood - fact

For Pearson - non facts

The squad would be rebuilt if he left

We wouldn't do as well

He will get it right... Maybe... Possibly

Good post.

Its not a case of pro or anti Pearson, I'm sure most of us don't hate or admire him as a person, but its whether we believe he has it in his locker to ever get us to a level to be promoted in the top two, and a lot of us see far too many limitations to his management, and its not even like he appears to learn fro his mistakes. If people are happy with another season of underachievement then let's keep General Pearson at the helm......

Your post is filled with the usual innuendo from a Leicester fan without little common sense, but with loads of impatience.

Getting to the Premier League is a marathon, not a sprint. There aren't just seven or eight other opponents for a short stretch, this is 24 teams all competing against each other over the course of a long and exhausting 46-game season, with cup competitions even more.

I can't think of a team with similar financial backing that got promoted in the first year upon the installment of the new ownership. Second year, unlikely. Third year running, maybe Cardiff City spring to mind.

Mick McCarthy's doing an excellent job at Ipswich, but he's only in his first half year of his tenure and even down there, the owners and fans are aware that in order to go places, you need to give the manager a longer period of time to establish something lasting. Or have Ipswich Town sacked McCarthy already after just seven months in charge because they only finished 14th? And how's a manager supposed to buy or loan players in his first January transfer window? Ipswich don't have the means for such maneuvers (they might go for it over the summer instead). Bit silly of a statement, really.

And Freedman as well as Holloway had the benefit of working with a team that (like you say yourself) was virtually unchanged. Their players have been at the same club for a number of years and thus know each other and click with each other more easily. We don't have that - not yet. Our squad still needs to grow and mature as a unit. Oh, and Bolton finished below us in the standings, remember?

Of course it is acceptable to wait, our previous efforts of "getting there in record time" have all failed, sometimes miserably, in the past few years. See a connection there?

And if you believe the rumour mill at this point of the season, your problem. I call it clutching at straws.

None of the alleged "Pearson bust-ups" have ever been proved to be true. He didn't "fall out" with journalists, it's only Stringer that he's got a slightly strained relationship with (and even then, I doubt it's as dramatic as you're trying to make out).

If you're that sick, maybe a doctor could help.

Don't think it comes to impatience, maybe a few people are, but for me, and others I know, if we had any faith that Pearson would get us promoted next season, or even the season after, we would be happy to wait and watch an effective team develop, but we simply see too many faults in a very stubborn manager to have any confidence of him achieving this. I am not going to claim he is a dreadful manager, but to me, hes the kind of manager that can assemble a average/decent team from young players, but doesn't have the man management, tactical, or technical skills to ever go beyond that. I believe we have probably peaked under him and next season, in another competive league will be similar to this season, no consistency resulting in more disappointment.

Seenitall's season long plan to break Babs is almost complete. Keep taking a diametrically opposite view son. Almost there. The shit spouting must continue.

Why do most fans seem to think we have a God given right to go up and that our team is better than everyone else's and that NP has effed it up? People, seem to think there are 23 other teams in the league, all capable of beating each other and plotting to beat us when they play us. Yes he needs to go back to playing it on the deck (and seems to for spells in the run in) as that where our strengths lie. Dyer has been a real threat recently (no matter what a lot of people say) and his pace terrifies and his end product has improved.

We were a Knocky miss away from Wembley and played some great stuff this season. I'm getting a bit bored of these in/out threads that keep popping up. He's the manager and that's that. Back him and the team. If he keeps progressing and we play like we did mid-season then awesome. A couple of adds and we are good.

Can we just have summer of loving each other, speculating on signings and no whining? Pretty please?

Of course we can as soon as Pearson is gone. :thumbup:

Being clear that I don't want him at the club any longer does not translate to me " hating " him. I don't hate you either just at odds with most of what you say because most of it is just Bollocks. Putting words into others mouths does you no favours at all.

I've been called various things by people on this board - a Pearson lover, a Pearson arse licker. It's semantics. I've never pryed open his arse cheeks and had a little slurp and I've never declared my love for the man, but you don't hear me getting all hot and bothered about semantics.

You constantly bash the man, you routinely insult him - you're a Pearson hater, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Great post ! at last a breath of fresh air . :thumbup:

Agreeing with nonsense posts like these does you no favours and only goes to further my opinion that you irrationally hate the man. You don't think Pearson could win this league with the Man United first team? Jesus Christ...

Will he get rid of the likes of Wellens, Gallagher etc?

Will he play football on the deck continuously? even if we do lose games that way because quite evidently that way of playing we yielded some very good results automatic promotion.

Will he sign one or two experienced quality players? namely central midfield and Upfront.

If NP addresses those three areas then we will get promotion if he doesn't then no promotion. 

Your post is filled with the usual innuendo from a Leicester fan without little common sense, but with loads of impatience.

Getting to the Premier League is a marathon, not a sprint. There aren't just seven or eight other opponents for a short stretch, this is 24 teams all competing against each other over the course of a long and exhausting 46-game season, with cup competitions even more.

I can't think of a team with similar financial backing that got promoted in the first year upon the installment of the new ownership. Second year, unlikely. Third year running, maybe Cardiff City spring to mind.

Mick McCarthy's doing an excellent job at Ipswich, but he's only in his first half year of his tenure and even down there, the owners and fans are aware that in order to go places, you need to give the manager a longer period of time to establish something lasting. Or have Ipswich Town sacked McCarthy already after just seven months in charge because they only finished 14th? And how's a manager supposed to buy or loan players in his first January transfer window? Ipswich don't have the means for such maneuvers (they might go for it over the summer instead). Bit silly of a statement, really.

And Freedman as well as Holloway had the benefit of working with a team that (like you say yourself) was virtually unchanged. These players have been at the same club for a number of years and thus know each other and click with each other more easily. We don't have that - not yet. Our squad still needs to grow and mature as a unit. Oh, and Bolton finished below us in the standings, remember?

Of course it is acceptable to wait, our previous efforts of "getting there in record time" have all failed, sometimes miserably, in the past few years. See a connection there?

And if you believe the rumour mill at this point of the season, your problem. I call it clutching at straws.

None of the alleged "bust-ups" have ever been proved to be true. He didn't "fall out" with journalists, it's only Stringer that he's got a slightly strained relationship with (and even then, I doubt it's as dramatic as you're trying to make out).

If you're that sick, maybe a doctor could help.

Getting to the premiership is a marathon not a sprint ? erm Southampton anyone ? and if anyone is clutching at straws it's the deluded fans who refuse to acknowledge what a god awful mess the last half of the season was and still think Pearson is the man to lead us forward.

need years of bonding to understand each others play ? it's not a game of international chess for christ sake. They did not need years of bonding when they were dishing out 6.0 and 6.1 thrashing in the first half of the season did they ?

The big question all city fans need answering is why from sitting in second spot and playing some of the best football I have seen us play for years did we collapse in such a pathetic way. It is a question that has never been answered by the manager which says it all. There was no excuses no long term injuries of bans just a total collapse in moral and belief in them selves, and that IS down to the manager and IS the reason Pearson must go. And if he doesn't then prepare yourselves for another disastrous season under him.

Good Morning fellow Foxes!!

I wish to attempt a serious, well rounded post this morning with none of the usual weirdness so, just to get it out of the way at the start and allow me to be serious for a moment here we go.........my penis is like the size of a fvcking piece of Risotto rice midway through cooking!!  Seriously, it would be fvcking funny if it wasn't so goddamned tragic!

I am a Pearson supporter and, not only that, am a supporter of the idea that, in general, managers should be given time.  I just feel that he deserves one more season.  If next season does not go to plan then fair enough but surely people can see that the foundations of a good team are there?  It went wrong this year but this is a tough league and, overall, we were the 6th best team in the league.  People go on a bout our dip and how we were lucky to scrape into the play offs and that we only did so because "other teams messed up".  But can't you see that "other teams messing up" is exactly what we did too?   Other teams only overtook us because "we messed up".  This league is crazy, the difference beween top and bottom is so tight, anyone can beat anyone.  We had a dip but so did many other teams it is just you fail to notice wht you are not focussed on.   There is no reason why we cannot expect to become more than the 6th best team if we keep our players and manager, add a bit more quality and see improvement that would be expected in such a young squad.  Pearson rescued us from the lowest point in our history and I will always be thankful to him for restoring dignity to this club.  I know one cannot live in the past but the past should also not be forgotten.  He has gotten us into the play offs twice.  I feel we are slowly improving and I would have more respect in our clud and in our fans if we acted with dignity and fairness and gave him one more season.

On a side note, if people disagreee with me I can fully understand it and I can appreciate the arguemants that he should leave.  But some of the vitriol and hate on here is fvcking mental.  Some of you need to have a bit of a look at your lives.  I don't mean by reacting to me on here or trying to convince yourself you are perfectly within your rights to revel in negativty and get personally offensive and insulting to people you do not even know who are just trying to do a job and maybe are not doing it quite as well as you would like.  I mean you should sit down next time you are alone, have a but of "me time".  Maybe look at yourself in the mirror and say "Am I a nice person?"  "Am I happy with my life and in the fact I like to log on to a unanimous forum to spout vitriol and negativity towards a man who is not quite getting some other men to kick a ball around in quite the way I want?". "If a shop assistant gets their job wrong or the bank maganer makes a mistake I say excuse me could you please double check that, put it right.  If I make a mistake in my own job I expet to be brought up on it in a respectful, constructive matter.  If NP does something wrong I like to say "Fvck you you fvcking cvnt you are a **** and a fvcking tosser and I want you dead and out of my club!".

Anyway, gotta go clean out the ol' foreskin, gets crazy green down there sometimes.

Come on you Foxes!!!  I ****ing love you!!!!!

X

I've been called various things by people on this board - a Pearson lover, a Pearson arse licker. It's semantics. I've never pryed open his arse cheeks and had a little slurp and I've never declared my love for the man, but you don't hear me getting all hot and bothered about semantics.

You constantly bash the man, you routinely insult him - you're a Pearson hater, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Agreeing with nonsense posts like these does you no favours and only goes to further my opinion that you irrationally hate the man. You don't think Pearson could win this league with the Man United first team? Jesus Christ...

Realy got you rattled haven't I . :D  :D

Good Morning fellow Foxes!!

I wish to attempt a serious, well rounded post this morning with none of the usual weirdness so, just to get it out of the way at the start and allow me to be serious for a moment here we go.........my penis is like the size of a fvcking piece of Risotto rice midway through cooking!!  Seriously, it would be fvcking funny if it wasn't so goddamned tragic!

I am a Pearson supporter and, not only that, am a supporter of the idea that, in general, managers should be given time.  I just feel that he deserves one more season.  If next season does not go to plan then fair enough but surely people can see that the foundations of a good team are there?  It went wrong this year but this is a tough league and, overall, we were the 6th best team in the league.  People go on a bout our dip and how we were lucky to scrape into the play offs and that we only did so because "other teams messed up".  But can't you see that "other teams messing up" is exactly what we did too?   Other teams only overtook us because "we messed up".  This league is crazy, the difference beween top and bottom is so tight, anyone can beat anyone.  We had a dip but so did many other teams it is just you fail to notice wht you are not focussed on.   There is no reason why we cannot expect to become more than the 6th best team if we keep our players and manager, add a bit more quality and see improvement that would be expected in such a young squad.  Pearson rescued us from the lowest point in our history and I will always be thankful to him for restoring dignity to this club.  I know one cannot live in the past but the past should also not be forgotten.  He has gotten us into the play offs twice.  I feel we are slowly improving and I would have more respect in our clud and in our fans if we acted with dignity and fairness and gave him one more season.

On a side note, if people disagreee with me I can fully understand it and I can appreciate the arguemants that he should leave.  But some of the vitriol and hate on here is fvcking mental.  Some of you need to have a bit of a look at your lives.  I don't mean by reacting to me on here or trying to convince yourself you are perfectly within your rights to revel in negativty and get personally offensive and insulting to people you do not even know who are just trying to do a job and maybe are not doing it quite as well as you would like.  I mean you should sit down next time you are alone, have a but of "me time".  Maybe look at yourself in the mirror and say "Am I a nice person?"  "Am I happy with my life and in the fact I like to log on to a unanimous forum to spout vitriol and negativity towards a man who is not quite getting some other men to kick a ball around in quite the way I want?". "If a hop assistant gets there job wrong or the bank maganer makes a mistake I say excuse me could you please double check that, put it right.  If I make a mistake in my own job I expet to be bought up on it in a respectful, constructive matter.  If NP does something wrong I like to say "Fvck you you fvcking cvnt you are a **** and a fvcking tosser and I want you dead and out of my club!".

Anyway, gotta go clean out the ol' foreskin, gets crazy green down there sometimes.

Come on you Foxes!!!  I ****ing love you!!!!!

X

That would depend on someones idea of a " dip " two wins in eighteen games is not my idea of a " dip "

Getting to the premiership is a marathon not a sprint ? erm Southampton anyone ? and if anyone is clutching at straws it's the deluded fans who refuse to acknowledge what a god awful mess the last half of the season was and still think Pearson is the man to lead us forward.

need years of bonding to understand each others play ? it's not a game of international chess for christ sake. They did not need years of bonding when they were dishing out 6.0 and 6.1 thrashing in the first half of the season did they ?

The big question all city fans need answering is why from sitting in second spot and playing some of the best football I have seen us play for years did we collapse in such a pathetic way. It is a question that has never been answered by the manager which says it all. There was no excuses no long term injuries of bans just a total collapse in moral and belief in them selves, and that IS down to the manager and IS the reason Pearson must go. And if he doesn't then prepare yourselves for another disastrous season under him.

a) As for Southampton: Exceptions cement the rule

b) As for that so-called "god-awful mess": It wasn't the last half, it was two out of ten months this season (February to March)

c) If we really have such an "in sync" squad that was "dishing out thrashings" (even if these results were the exceptions, but hey ho - who cares?) - how do you explain the phase between February and March then?

d) We did not "collapse", we huffed and puffed over the finishing line. Probably a more accurate description of the last third of this season.

But hey, who wouldn't want a piece of your antipathy towards Nigel Pearson?

1) The owners previously stated they want promotion but this was before FFP was mentioned. We are building a squad for both short and long term.

2)Freedman and Holloway have not had the chance to change the team around. They joined their respective clubs before the January transfer window ( a transfer window notorious for the difficulty in bringing in players)

3) Yes paper talk! Do they want to go? Do we have to sell?

also regards Kasper....hes on the last year of his contract and for how well he's been doing of course he'd be linked to another club.

That would depend on someones idea of a " dip " two wins in eighteen games is not my idea of a " dip "

Is 2 wins in 17 a dip? 16?  I don't know the rules?  Where is the cut off point?  As always, you failed to embrace the general point of someone's post deciding instead to focus your negaitvity on one sentance that may not have been written in the best wway or which you feel can make fun of out of context.  Is life that dull for you?  I'm a good hugger you know.  Let's hug it out big guy. X

d) We did not "collapse", we huffed and puffed over the finishing line. Probably a more accurate description of the last third of this season.

Well I hope I never have to watch Leicester go through a 'collapse' then.

You believe that our worst run in years can be described as 'huffing and puffing'?

You can take positivity too far sometimes.

Is 2 wins in 17 a dip? 16?  I don't know the rules?  Where is the cut off point?  As always, you failed to embrace the general point of someone's post deciding instead to focus your negaitvity on one sentance that may not have been written in the best wway or which you feel can make fun of out of context.  Is life that dull for you?  I'm a good hugger you know.  Let's hug it out big guy. X

Yes I can give you hug no problem with that. It is because I care so passionately about my club that I may appear negative , I simply cannot put on a brave face and accept what happened in the second half of the season like most people on here seem to be able to do.

I want the best for my club not settle for the kind of football that we played under Pearsons second half of the season. Why should I be content to pay £ 27.00 to watch a game of hoofball starting from the keeper ? why should anyone be content with that ?

By the way I was not making fun out of your post rumble I respect your posts and would not do that. :thumbup:

Archived