Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeattleShane

Why do so many fans want Pearson to be the manager next season?

The only manager available who I feel could potentially do a better next season than Pearson job is De Matteo, proven champ record and likely to be able to attract some decent players.

BUT if he is not interested then stick with Nige as imo any other manager could take us backwards. Just can't see MON coming back for a second, its not his style.

To me it is dead simple, we have a manager who,

1) Recruits well, particularly some good young players, manages the finances well, including trying hard to reduce the wages bill, deals effectively, ruthlessly even, with players who do not suit his plans. Therefore he should stay.

2) Is tactically rigid and conservative, is rarely able to influence a game through substitutions or tactical changes, fails to address obvious weaknesses and does not improve his players, particularly his attacking ones. Therefore he should go.

I think both statements are true, just pick the one you consider more important.

Good post Dave.

Sums it up for me.

Or yeah lets keep him and have to put up with another season of hoofball, tactical naivity and religation. Sounds like a great way to run a football club. :rolleyes:

Another season of 'religation' - did you forget we got into the playoffs this season? Another season of 'hoofball' - did you forget the football we played up to January? We went on a shit run post January, but we still made the playoffs, get the **** over it.

I don't even know why I bother with posters like you. Got in for the manager no matter what he does. I hope he stays next season in the hope that it drives away so called 'fans' like you. You will not be remotely missed.

Another season of 'religation' - did you forget we got into the playoffs this season? Another season of 'hoofball' - did you forget the football we played up to January? We went on a shit run post January, but we still made the playoffs, get the **** over it.

I don't even know why I bother with posters like you. Got in for the manager no matter what he does. I hope he stays next season in the hope that it drives away so called 'fans' like you. You will not be remotely missed.

I tend to remember the last eighteen games because that was the way it all went tits up with plenty of " hoofball " tactical naivity and downright abject surrender of our second spot, yes we still made the playoffs even though we had no right too.

I know why I bother to reply to posters like you because you spout such drivel that you need to be countered when you do it . If and when you stop posting you will also not be remotely missed, as you have an opinion on everything and are right about nothing.

I tend to remember the last eighteen games because that was the way it all went tits up with plenty of " hoofball " tactical naivity and downright abject surrender of our second spot, yes we still made the playoffs even though we had no right too.

I know why I bother to reply to posters like you because you spout such drivel that you need to be countered when you do it . If and when you stop posting you will also not be remotely missed, as you have an opinion on everything and are right about nothing.

Funny that, because it pretty much sums you up Flowy. Rest assured, I'm going nowhere. As long as there are idiots like you spouting complete and utter bollocks, then I'll be around to set you straight. Plus, it'll be hilarious to see you and a few others on here lose their shit if the board decides to make a sensible decision and stick with Pearson for next season.

Your views and the views of your cohorts are in the minority on this message board, the poll for whether Pearson should stay or go proves that, so when you're spouting a loud of bullshit, expect to be called up on it.

Funny that, because it pretty much sums you up Flowy. Rest assured, I'm going nowhere. As long as there are idiots like you spouting complete and utter bollocks, then I'll be around to set you straight. Plus, it'll be hilarious to see you and a few others on here lose their shit if the board decides to make a sensible decision and stick with Pearson for next season.

Your views and the views of your cohorts are in the minority on this message board, the poll for whether Pearson should stay or go proves that, so when you're spouting a loud of bullshit, expect to be called up on it.

That's more like it ! I enjoy crossing swords with you too so we are both happy chappy's :D  :D

Why do I want him to stay?

a) Because he's good. He's not great, he's no genius, but he's certainly better and more talented than the vast majority of managers out there. I give him the benefit of the doubt and predict he'll have learned from our second-half fiasco this season.

b) Because we need stability at this club and Pearson has created a young and hungry team with loads of potential - he ticks all the required boxes.

c) Because I'm curious to find out where we'll be going next season - I'd love to prove all doubters wrong and see us finish higher than in this campaign, even fighting for automatic promotion.

You can tell which posters are still absolutely seething that we made the play-offs, and that we pretty much matched Watford over two legs. Knocky's goal at Forest must have cut some of you up real bad.

You can tell which posters are still absolutely seething that we made the play-offs, and that we pretty much matched Watford over two legs. Knocky's goal at Forest must have cut some of you up real bad.

We matched them in the first leg to be sure, but the second leg they were by far the better team and deserved in my opinion to go through. I was not seething that we got through to the playoffs I was hopng and praying like the rest of us and was gutted when we lost.

But I am still angry that the second half of the season went so badly. No one could have predicted such a awful second half of the season and as far as I know no one has explained how it went so wrong ? So that leaves us with only one conclusion if the manager does not know what went wrong what is there to look forward too if he is still in charge by the start of next season ?  :dunno:

We matched them in the first leg to be sure, but the second leg they were by far the better team and deserved in my opinion to go through. I was not seething that we got through to the playoffs I was hopng and praying like the rest of us and was gutted when we lost.

But I am still angry that the second half of the season went so badly. No one could have predicted such a awful second half of the season and as far as I know no one has explained how it went so wrong ? So that leaves us with only one conclusion if the manager does not know what went wrong what is there to look forward too if he is still in charge by the start of next season ?  :dunno:

After two thirds of the season we were second. So it was a poor third not a poor half really.

So because someone is in the minority their views must be wrong?

The Sun is the best selling newspaper in this country.

Coronation Street is very popular as well.

Furthermore, I actually believe we had turned the slump around before the end of the season, Barnsley was the final game of it, fitting seeing as that was the worst one. After that we only lost one game of the regular season, to Watford, going down to a freakishly good goal. Other than that we took a point each from two away games against teams above us, beat the two teams below us, and only drew to B'ham because of that stupid penalty, otherwise being the better side. Then in the play-offs we matched Watford, and NP was desperately unlucky not to get his badge of masterminding a two-legged victory. Deny it all you want, but if Knocky had put that penalty away, NP had beaten Zola and Watford and that's that.

Furthermore, I actually believe we had turned the slump around before the end of the season, Barnsley was the final game of it, fitting seeing as that was the worst one. After that we only lost one game of the regular season, to Watford, going down to a freakishly good goal. Other than that we took a point each from two away games against teams above us, beat the two teams below us, and only drew to B'ham because of that stupid penalty, otherwise being the better side. Then in the play-offs we matched Watford, and NP was desperately unlucky not to get his badge of masterminding a two-legged victory. Deny it all you want, but if Knocky had put that penalty away, NP had beaten Zola and Watford and that's that.

We were certainly in better form over 6 games that Palace and Watford going in to the play offs.

In 47 years following this club, never have I known fans (well, certainly those on this Forum !), SO divided over how good our Manager is - and whether he should stay.  There seems to be no 'middle ground' - fans either seem to think he's rubbish, or he's doing a great job.  Personally, I think he's OK, done a decent job - but has had his chance(s) and now should move on.  He's taken us as far as he can - ie to 2 Championship play-off semi-finals, a 9th place and a League 1 title - unfortunately not far enough.  Somebody else needs to be given a go - to actually take us up and keep us there (for a while, at least !).

I have been very frustrated with the spell between February and April under Pearson, the reason that I want him to stay is that I'm sick of the overhaul that will happen if he does get sacked. I understand that some managers will come in and not change much, but that cannot be guaranteed and I am not really in the mood for another transitional season of a manager trying to assemble "his squad" again. I guess what I'm saying is that I just want some stability for a change.

So because someone is in the minority their views must be wrong?

The Sun is the best selling newspaper in this country.

Coronation Street is very popular as well.

Glad you're finally getting it. I'm off to check out the sport headlines in The Sun and catch up with the Corrie omnibus. Wonder what that rapist Barlow's going to be up to this week!

One of the issues, of course, is the lack of realistic alternatives to our current boss. I read that Werder Bremen has sacked its manager of 14 years. http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/bundesliga-werder-bremen-sack-schaaf-14-years-082038373.html  If Pearson does leave, would we want someone with proven experience of success in the Championship, or would we be prepared to go overseas?

One of the issues, of course, is the lack of realistic alternatives to our current boss. I read that Werder Bremen has sacked its manager of 14 years. http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/bundesliga-werder-bremen-sack-schaaf-14-years-082038373.html  If Pearson does leave, would we want someone with proven experience of success in the Championship, or would we be prepared to go overseas?

We tried the Sven route, it's not the way to go. The manager must know the league and know how to build a team, not just a group of individuals, with our current squad they wil need to know how to develop young players to the best of their abilty. At this moment in time, Warnock is the only man for me that meets the requirements. I'll stick with Pearson.

Glad you're finally getting it. I'm off to check out the sport headlines in The Sun and catch up with the Corrie omnibus. Wonder what that rapist Barlow's going to be up to this week!

Someone should have told Martin Luther King or Nelson Mandela that because their view didn't represent the majority that it was wrong.

Oh hang on .... they did try to oppress their views but the minority turned out to not only be right but not swerve from their conviction.

Humans are naturally fearful of change.

It's evolutionary. Fear of the unknown is almost always greater than the worst case scenario (apart from in the case of Roy Keane).

Well evolution is also making people massively impatient

Archived