Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

12 games for Mr Pearson?

whether you like np or not, what is the point of 'giving him 12 games'? by  that time he will have chnaged the team to his liking, if it's not working what would a new guy do? he'd have to wait till january (or get some foreign loans in). if you are going to get rid you do it now, if not you should keep him. 12 games is just pointless.

Since Twitter arrived bullshit has become a hundred times more acceptable in society.

I still have no idea what people like Indy Kaila and the like get from being complete bullshitters, racking up a big follower count only to be called a cvnt, and rightfully so, on what must be a minute by minute basis. It's a really strange way to stroke your own ego.

A retarded chimpanze with a typewriter could have written this article. There's not a single piece of 'news' in it.

" :o  :o  :o  SportsDirect News understands that Football Manager will be sacked if his team makes a poor start to the season. :o :o  :o  "

Read all about it.

Did you write it then?  lol

whether you like np or not, what is the point of 'giving him 12 games'? by that time he will have chnaged the team to his liking, if it's not working what would a new guy do? he'd have to wait till january (or get some foreign loans in). if you are going to get rid you do it now, if not you should keep him. 12 games is just pointless.

We weren't that bad last season, were we? Judging from your posts, I'm guessing you don't like NP, but we reached the play offs and just missed out on the final itself. Some can call it failure, but I see abut if progress in there as well because we have moved forward and yet again, NP made us a solid Championship side. Without our poor run after Feb, I think we'd be a PL team now, no doubt about that.

I don't see what's wrong with giving NP 'another' 12 games. It'd be better than getting rid of NP (our best manager since Adams/in 10 years) now and expecting a new manager and his staff to come in, probably change all the team before getting his own players in. If he then 'fails', we will be having this discussion this time next year, and the year after, and after, until eventually we are relegated again.

There is nothing wrong with stability, even if we didn't win anything. Ask Manchester United, and more importantly, ask Everton. If we're bottom of the league 12 games in, then NP goes, but who knows, it's his squad currently, and he'll be adding too it, so if after 12 games were top 6 again then he continues as manager.

It's a no brainer for me. Not only am I a NP fan, but above all I'm a Leicester fan, and all I want is stability at the club. We went through years if changing managers which only led to horrid football, poor results and eventually relegation.

(Sorry about my grammar and everything, but I'm on my iPad).

We weren't that bad last season, were we? Judging from your posts, I'm guessing you don't like NP, but we reached the play offs and just missed out on the final itself. Some can call it failure, but I see abut if progress in there as well because we have moved forward and yet again, NP made us a solid Championship side. Without our poor run after Feb, I think we'd be a PL team now, no doubt about that.

I don't see what's wrong with giving NP 'another' 12 games. It'd be better than getting rid of NP (our best manager since Adams/in 10 years) now and expecting a new manager and his staff to come in, probably change all the team before getting his own players in. If he then 'fails', we will be having this discussion this time next year, and the year after, and after, until eventually we are relegated again.

There is nothing wrong with stability, even if we didn't win anything. Ask Manchester United, and more importantly, ask Everton. If we're bottom of the league 12 games in, then NP goes, but who knows, it's his squad currently, and he'll be adding too it, so if after 12 games were top 6 again then he continues as manager.

It's a no brainer for me. Not only am I a NP fan, but above all I'm a Leicester fan, and all I want is stability at the club. We went through years if changing managers which only led to horrid football, poor results and eventually relegation.

I know this post wasn't directed at me but I have to argue/discuss some of the point you make, I am a NP fan before I start.

We weren't really that bad last season, were we?

1st half no, we were very good, 2nd half, yes, in another season, in another league we would have been closer to the relegation zone that playoffs.

I blame the players personally and I think they need to take a really hard look at themselves and ask many questions of themselves - This goes for the fans that blame NP but let the players get away scott free, not even questioning them.

However we did make the playoffs and in many people eyes and looking at that post i'm including you, making the playoffs made everything rosy, wrote off the 2nd half of the season/last 17 games, all was forgotten, no, I'm sorry but it cannot be forgotten, it cannot be justified, it cannot write everything off, it has to be question, it has to be looked at, it wasn't right.

Personally, although i'm a NP fan the only reason he is still here imo is because there is no-one out there, there is no-one better than him available at this moment, if there was imo NP would be gone.

At the end of the day my blame is with the players, big time, but your first comment in your post done me, really wound me up, were we really that bad last season, no, not if you only went to the 1st half of the seasons games, if you watched during the whole season and did witness the 2nd half of the season, I can't honestly take your comment seriously.

I know this post wasn't directed at me but I have to argue/discuss some of the point you make, I am a NP fan before I start.

We weren't really that bad last season, were we?

1st half no, we were very good, 2nd half, yes, in another season, in another league we would have been closer to the relegation zone that playoffs.

I blame the players personally and I think they need to take a really hard look at themselves and ask many questions of themselves - This goes for the fans that blame NP but let the players get away scott free, not even questioning them.

However we did make the playoffs and in many people eyes and looking at that post i'm including you, making the playoffs made everything rosy, wrote off the 2nd half of the season/last 17 games, all was forgotten, no, I'm sorry but it cannot be forgotten, it cannot be justified, it cannot write everything off, it has to be question, it has to be looked at, it wasn't right.

Personally, although i'm a NP fan the only reason he is still here imo is because there is no-one out there, there is no-one better than him available at this moment, if there was imo NP would be gone.

At the end of the day my blame is with the players, big time, but your first comment in your post done me, really wound me up, were we really that bad last season, no, not if you only went to the 1st half of the seasons games, if you watched during the whole season and did witness the 2nd half of the season, I can't honestly take your comment seriously.

I understand that. And for the record, i saw all the season. I attended the good games, and the bad games (especially Barnsley away that was horrible)...

What I generally meant was 'were we as bad as eat the non-NP fans make out' - yes we played some horrible stuff during Feb-April, but I generally meant that my personal expectation was the play offs, and we made that... Obviously, we could/should of made automatic.

If they don't really want him, why don't they sack him now?

Pretty obvious no one else wants the job. There is little doubt people have been approached and turned us down so what can the owners do ? they don't want to get in a scenario of sacking a manager with no immediate replacement like last time it just makes them look stupid. 

But I do think there is a ring of truth to the twelve match deadline and if it is true and he is sacked for bad results that would be another season in the doldrums.

Pretty obvious no one else wants the job. There is little doubt people have been approached and turned us down so what can the owners do ? they don't want to get in a scenario of sacking a manager with no immediate replacement like last time it just makes them look stupid.

But I do think there is a ring of truth to the twelve match deadline and if it is true and he is sacked for bad results that would be another season in the doldrums.

Well we can all make stuff up to support our arguments but try a little harder to provide some facts eh? :thumbup:

Well we can all make stuff up to support our arguments but try a little harder to provide some facts eh? :thumbup:

Perhaps but it was just an opinion. After all I did say " but I do think " and " if it is true " and little doubt" as opposed to " no doubt "

Humblebrag.

So in other words hit the ground running or it's another season of "always next year".

Remember last year when people were calling for him to go after FIVE games lol

Yes and they were still calling for him to go with five games remaining. :D

Yep. But then at that point they were adamant that there were only three games remaining, so we can't trust them.

Right, I doubt anyone is going to believe me here, but I think I saw Martin O'Neill today in Rothley.

I was driving past the Red Lion at 6:05pm.  I saw a dark coloured Audi something coming the other way with MON on the number plate.  Without really expecting it to be O'Neill in the driver's seat, I took a look.

It looked very much like Martin O'Neill driving the thing.  I am about 80-90% certain it was the man himself.

One surprise for me, if indeed it was O'Neill, is the fact he has a personalised plate.  He doesn't strike me as someone who courts publicity or recognition.  I'm not putting this forward as any evidence that O'Neill is going to be our new manager, just sharing the fact I believe I saw the man today in Rothley.  Doesn't he still have a house in the area?  The one which is always being decorated?  

Maybe he has rented it out and was collected the rent!  

Right, I doubt anyone is going to believe me here, but I think I saw Martin O'Neill today in Rothley.

I was driving past the Red Lion at 6:05pm. I saw a dark coloured Audi something coming the other way with MON on the number plate. Without really expecting it to be O'Neill in the driver's seat, I took a look.

It looked very much like Martin O'Neill driving the thing. I am about 80-90% certain it was the man himself.

One surprise for me, if indeed it was O'Neill, is the fact he has a personalised plate. He doesn't strike me as someone who courts publicity or recognition. I'm not putting this forward as any evidence that O'Neill is going to be our new manager, just sharing the fact I believe I saw the man today in Rothley. Doesn't he still have a house in the area? The one which is always being decorated?

Maybe he has rented it out and was collected the rent!

Did you stalk him into Morrison's?

Did you stalk him into Morrison's?

We were at traffic lights and passing in the opposite direction.  I resisted the urge to spin a handbreak turn and follow him, although this might have provided more useful information.

The big supermarket around those parts is Budgens, which has been very quiet in regards to new signing/ manager sightings.  Maybe because no-one looks there?   lol

Since Twitter arrived bullshit has become a hundred times more acceptable in society.

"Too many tweets might make a twat!"... the one intelligent thing David Cameron ever said - and he apologised for it!

Calling for a manager to go after five games pretty much sums up why there are certain people I won't take one bit seriously on the matter even if I do end up agreeing with them at a later stage.

At this rate, I bet Pearson is panicking after each game he doesn't win, based on some of the comments on here.

''I doubt whether the guys on Foxestalk are happy, they're expecting me to win every game.''

''Col city fan keeps on suggesting I need a defensive midfielder'', would it help my team's performance?''

''Mark_w highly rates Martyn Waghorn; I'm really worried now that I should have put Waggy in the team, as he highly rates him; oh why, oh why have I left Wood on!!!!!!''

Archived