Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

12 games for Mr Pearson?

There's a good chance this is rubbish and I hope it is. Even if we start well, and Pearson stays we could collapse again. So even though I want Pearson to be given the full season to prove himself, if he has a bad start sacking him is stupid because its such a long season you could turn it around when it really counts. And who says bringing in another manager during the season will magically make everything go right for us?

This is the journo whose name is attached to it. Very much at the cutting edge.

http://www.skillpages.com/user/50603552-305a-e011-95a6-b046b2e0fbfe/

Sounds like he'll have all the right connections down in Torquay, and considering his quallys, this I'm afraid looks like a dead cert factual article, with not an ounce of dire speculation or guesswork.

What bollox and no I do not want this to happen.

But if we have played five lost five n rock bottom he'll be gone.

Like he'll be gone before the start if he can't get money n calls Top a tight willy puller.

lol you read it here first :ph34r:

I doubt if NP will get any games if you realistically take onboard the 'silence' from KPS. Virtually every club in the league has released or signed players so I suspect with no action whatsoever suggests the 'new man' isn't in place yet. 

I doubt if NP will get any games if you realistically take onboard the 'silence' from KPS. Virtually every club in the league has released or signed players so I suspect with no action whatsoever suggests the 'new man' isn't in place yet. 

we released 5 players yesterday.

we released 5 players yesterday.

5 ACADEMY players - nothing to do with Pearson (Rudkin made the decision).  In line with my comments last week ('The Silence'), that V&S have told the City Media people to say nowt official about the First Team squad (ie the Pearson 'stuff') - just Academy / Season Tickets / Club Shop etc (oh and now Pre-season Friendlies) - nothing really important, or bits that Nige has any involvement with !

Every other Championship club seems to be actively doing things about their First Team squad - AND releasing information on it to the press.  OFFICIALLY anouncing which First team Players are being shipped out (to date we only have the Daily Telegraph to thank for information that 7 players are on the 'Transfer List'); saying that the Manager is doing this or that; even possible targets (eg Brum announcing that they have reached a deal to sign Eardley, or Flitcroft saying that Barnsley wanted to sign O'Grady).  NOTHING from the KP.  We don't even know if Nige is working, or has started his holiday's / 'gardening' early !  

So they will allow him to put his team together over the summer but say you only get 12 games to prove yourself, seems silly to me.

He has already had enougth games if you take the last sixteen of last seasons games. People fail to realise FFP will have huge implications not only for us but everyone else.

I believe that the Thais aren't overly happy but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. As I have said before they cannot afford to sack him so they will stick with him. He will not be given funds to improve the side but stick with what he has got. He will have to do the dealing be it frees or out of contract players. Money raised through selling some players maybe given to him to buy other players but we will have to wait and see if this happens?

One thing is for sure it will be an interesting season.

Lets give him till christmas........

To put us in the top 2..............

Then get someone in to get us over the line.

It was the last 20 games of the season that we had the problem. We know we can start ok.

• 4 months later...

Right, I doubt anyone is going to believe me here, but I think I saw Martin O'Neill today in Rothley.

I was driving past the Red Lion at 6:05pm.  I saw a dark coloured Audi something coming the other way with MON on the number plate.  Without really expecting it to be O'Neill in the driver's seat, I took a look.

It looked very much like Martin O'Neill driving the thing.  I am about 80-90% certain it was the man himself.

One surprise for me, if indeed it was O'Neill, is the fact he has a personalised plate.  He doesn't strike me as someone who courts publicity or recognition.  I'm not putting this forward as any evidence that O'Neill is going to be our new manager, just sharing the fact I believe I saw the man today in Rothley.  Doesn't he still have a house in the area?  The one which is always being decorated?  

Maybe he has rented it out and was collected the rent!  

Quality banter mate

Good to hear that the Board don't really want him. 

Expect to see a new manager by Xmas.  :wave:  :pearson:  :D 

On the ball as ever.

Not really, most of us were saying the same things in June.

It's good to read actually, you often forget with the bollocks written so repetitively on here the vast majority were actually firmly behind him still after last season.

It's great that we are already promoted, but i do remember being in this position last year around this time and we all had to say how great Nige was and the the team - as ever, I expect to be disapponted so can only be amazed- for you guys to keep coping with being constantly let down must be an emotional rollercoaster, well done you for bouncing back like a rubber ball

It's great that we are already promoted, but i do remember being in this position last year around this time and we all had to say how great Nige was and the the team - as ever, I expect to be disapponted so can only be amazed- for you guys to keep coping with being constantly let down must be an emotional rollercoaster, well done you for bouncing back like a rubber ball

Constantly let down? I thought we all craved mediocrity and failure by supporting Our Nige? :unsure:

Well if us missing out on promotion again this season results in you fcukin off and 'supporting' someone else, I'd take that.

Archived