Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Financial Fair Play

It must give some of the academy and fringe players a better chance of coming through the ranks.  I think that is the way forward and I know we all like to see Leicester lads come good.

Can't see any of the above wanting to move if they are going to lose money, and the FFP will make it harder for other clubs to come in for them.

Its a real worry.

It must give some of the academy and fringe players a better chance of coming through the ranks.  I think that is the way forward and I know we all like to see Leicester lads come good.

Can't see any of the above wanting to move if they are going to lose money, and the FFP will make it harder for other clubs to come in for them.

Its a real worry.

Err, if the academy players were that good in the past  they  would've been played as opposed to buying somebody on high wages, so how are things any different now FFP or no FFP.

They might have a chance of playing,  but it doesn't mean they're any good does it?

Its a real worry.

I don't get why people think this way, if they want to play football which is what they love then of course they will move on and if they have to take a drop in wages then they will.

I don't get why people think this way, if they want to play football which is what they love then of course they will move on and if they have to take a drop in wages then they will.

Some of them like Wellens will be in the last year or so of their career, they may well need to drop their salary by at least 10k a week.

I don't get why you think they would throw away 500k just to play.

Whatever thir age the contract they are on is likely to be the last big payday of their careers, they'd be mad to walk away from it.

Some of them like Wellens will be in the last year or so of their career, they may well need to drop their salary by at least 10k a week.

I don't get why you think they would throw away 500k just to play.

Whatever thir age the contract they are on is likely to be the last big payday of their careers, they'd be mad to walk away from it.

Wellens is the only play at the end of his career and I doubt he will be on more than 15k a week.

So in a nutshell we should expect -

- us and a number of other clubs to be under a transfer embargo for the 14/15 season

- teams relegated from the prem will have an even bigger financial advantage

- the football league transfer market is going to fall through the floor

People wonder why the club haven't come out with more details. IMHO that implies that we are up a brown creek without a paddle.

So in a nutshell we should expect -

- us and a number of other clubs to be under a transfer embargo for the 14/15 season

- teams relegated from the prem will have an even bigger financial advantage

- the football league transfer market is going to fall through the floor

People wonder why the club haven't come out with more details. IMHO that implies that we are up a brown creek without a paddle.

Bit over the top. Take out the few remaining unwanted high earners and we have what looks to me like a fairly cheap squad. The likes of knocky, drinkwater, James etc won't be on big money. We're one of the bigger clubs in the league, commanding relatively high gate receipts and sponsorship deals. There's no reason why a club of our size shouldn't be able to generate enough income to cover existing player wages.

Even the high earners who we are looking to ship out will only be on a maximum of £1.5m a year between them.

We wont be able to sign lots of players again but then we haven't done that since Sven left anyway. NP had a net transfer spend of £1.5m last year. I reckon even if we can't ship the unwanted players out, we'll still be able to spend a few million and remain inside the £8m limit next season.

And a lot of that is thanks to Pearson.

Even the high earners who we are looking to ship out will only be on a maximum of £1.5m a year between them.

£1.5m equates to £30,000 a week. It seems unlikely that the likes of Beckford, Gallagher, Wellens, Danns, St Ledger are on £30k a week between them. 

Leicester City's wage bill was £27.7m in the last accounts. That would suggest at least some of those players are earning £30k a week on their own.

Wellens is the only play at the end of his career and I doubt he will be on more than 15k a week.

Didn't Sven extend his contract after raving about how good he was?

A player who is 33 won't be offered more than 5k a week by any team in The Championship, so my 500k loss on salary still applies.

Would you move jobs for a third of your current salary?

Didn't Sven extend his contract after raving about how good he was?

A player who is 33 won't be offered more than 5k a week by any team in The Championship, so my 500k loss on salary still applies.

Would you move jobs for a third of your current salary?

True I would imagine he would have been on around 10k a week under the new contact.

as for the move jobs part if I was a footballer then yes I would but not if it was just any normal job.

It would be pretty shit to just sit on the bench or not even make the bench if you was a professional footballer depends on the players mindset though I suppose.

Don't forget most of these players have a family and a huge house to support, they will have got used to the high salaries they are on and their lifestyles will have changed accordingly (how many of us can afford a Bentley).

If you're coming towards the end of your career then why would you take a massive cut and perhaps knacker your knees for life when you can continue to earn a fortune and have an easy life on the bench.

I think we may be stuck with them.

Bit over the top. Take out the few remaining unwanted high earners and we have what looks to me like a fairly cheap squad. The likes of knocky, drinkwater, James etc won't be on big money. We're one of the bigger clubs in the league, commanding relatively high gate receipts and sponsorship deals. There's no reason why a club of our size shouldn't be able to generate enough income to cover existing player wages.

We wont be able to sign lots of players again but then we haven't done that since Sven left anyway. NP had a net transfer spend of £1.5m last year. I reckon even if we can't ship the unwanted players out, we'll still be able to spend a few million and remain inside the £8m limit next season.

And a lot of that is thanks to Pearson.

Who is going to buy theses players if all of the other clubs are in the same situation? No one. The other option is to cancel contracts but that will hit the P&L also. Doesn't add up for me.

Negotiating players contracts and terms of employment has naff all to do with the manager regardless who is or was at the helm. Can't believe people are blaming Sven for this. Clever agents will get the best possible deal for their players it is then up to the club whether to pay them or not.

Has nothing to do with the manager.

£1.5m equates to £30,000 a week. It seems unlikely that the likes of Beckford, Gallagher, Wellens, Danns, St Ledger are on £30k a week between them. 

Leicester City's wage bill was £27.7m in the last accounts. That would suggest at least some of those players are earning £30k a week on their own.

Have you yet received a reply from the Football League or obtained information from elsewhere as to how the paying-up of a player's contract would be treated under FFP?

I think the Foxes Trust was raising this specific point with the Football League.

Foxblogger (Mike McCarthy) has carried out some in depth research on football so is well versed as part of that research.

We have been tracking FFP well before the actual terms were agreed, Daniel Geey is one of the experts in this area and Supporters Direct had close dialogue with him and a full copy of his report was made available for all Trusts to digest before the rules were finalised

Did the report referred to in your post deal with the paying-up of a player's contract signed before 25th April 2012 when the Football League announced the FFP rules were agreed?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

No, it will **** over a whole load of clubs. The days of wigan, Wimbledon, reading, Blackpool, hull, Watford, Barnsley etc. getting promotion will become fewer and far between. Eufa bottled it, put under pressure to do something they took the weak option that helps the big clubs maintain the status quo, if they really wanted to help there are other options available that would tackle the issue head on and level the playing field between big and small clubs, could even lead to lower ticket prices. Of course the European giants that run the game wouldn't allow that so we get stuck with this. Eufa are becoming as weak and limp wristed as the F.A.

I agree with the first bit, the smaller clubs wont be able to buy their way to the Premier or do a Blackburn Rovers and buy the trophy for that matter. Great, its back to the old days when a clubs income was gate receipts and there was more competition as a result.

Less competition I fear. The rich will dominate while the poor scrap for what's left. Transfer fee caps and salary caps will level the playing field allowing more teams to compete with each other on wages and acquisitions, other rules regarding academy players or home grown talent and squad sizes should be applied. Also do away with agents and let F.A. player representatives oversee transfers paid for by an annual subsidy which all clubs contribute to.

I can see the logic behind the idea but the big clubs already have far too much power to make it effective. I've decided I'm completely against it. It isn't 'fair' at all.

Throw EPPP into the mixer and see how 'fair' it is then.

The whole thing is corrupt, couldn't be more obvious. Off the pitch, football is an odious business, rotten to the core and populated by scumbags from top to bottom.

Throw EPPP into the mixer and see how 'fair' it is then.

The whole thing is corrupt, couldn't be more obvious. Off the pitch, football is an odious business, rotten to the core and populated by scumbags from top to bottom.

EPPP is even worse for me. Absolutely chronic idea and that combined with FFP will finish off our lower leagues. No over-reaction here either. They'll all be totally cash strapped.

Archived