Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Financial Fair Play

The common denominator will be players wages. Hopefully this will drive them down to a reasonable level, because in reality no one will make much of a profit with the sort of demands players have at the minute.

King power are involved with multi national brands! More sponsorship's and personal sponsorship will be the loophole!We'll be fine! Also buying the stadium means all matchday receipts will go on the spreadsheets.  

Wonder what they consider to be fair?  How does sponsorship of a training facility add value?

i would have thought that if king power could demonstrate that the value of their company had grown partly due to sponsoring Leicester, then they could measure the financial worth of the sponsorship, which could open up a whole new can of worms if you're talking of global franchises and markets.

a salary cap will only work if all of football all over the globe partook. otherwise good players would move to countries with no salary cap, we'd be left with the slop.

Which is what has happened in Rugby.

Which is what has happened in Rugby.

Rugby's Premiership is hardly what I'd call the 'slop' of world rugby players.

i would have thought that if king power could demonstrate that the value of their company had grown partly due to sponsoring Leicester, then they could measure the financial worth of the sponsorship, which could open up a whole new can of worms if you're talking of global franchises and markets.

Basically whoever has the best lawyers and accountants will benefit in the long run, rather than the best manager or players. Very sad. Brilliant interview with Platini about FFP and the problems of it here - you can actually feel Platini squirming. Bit of a read but totally worth it for anyone interested in this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

From Bentleys

'I was at a Sports law conference recently.
People there were VERY confident that FFP would be succesfully challenged as breaching EU anti-competion laws.
The idea that a multi million pound business can operate on a one-year financial plan is frankly laughable.'

Rugby's Premiership is hardly what I'd call the 'slop' of world rugby players.

Seven years since an English team won the Heineken cup and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Basically whoever has the best lawyers and accountants will benefit in the long run, rather than the best manager or players. Very sad. Brilliant interview with Platini about FFP and the problems of it here - you can actually feel Platini squirming. Bit of a read but totally worth it for anyone interested in this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

thanks, that is a fantastic and fascinating interview. and to be honest makes me wonder where football is heading.

Some very good questions from Samuel in that piece.

Would be interested if someone could answer this please, might have been mentioned I don't know.

Manchester City have already found a 'loophole' in FFP, they signed a £400m deal with Eithad I believe over 10 Seasons/Years, so roughly £40m a Season/Year in revenue they are generating no? So that means we could do something similar with King Power?

So the massive existence threatening level of debt is not enough?

Question for Foxes Trust...

There is talk (or has been talk) of equity/loan conversion. What do you know about this?

I wouldn't care less if we had a salary cap and all the overpaid players and foreign mercenaries went somewhere else, We might get some young english players back in the first teams of premier league teams.

As for we might not win the champions league as a country for 7 years like the rugby , I couldn't care less either.

Seven years since an English team won the Heineken cup and I don't see that changing any time soon.

What about Leinster and Munster...they have smaller budgets than the tigers yet they have done allright in recent seasons.

I wouldn't care less if we had a salary cap and all the overpaid players and foreign mercenaries went somewhere else, We might get some young english players back in the first teams of premier league teams.

As for we might not win the champions league as a country for 7 years like the rugby , I couldn't care less either.

Totally agree with this. The competition in the premier league will improve without the quality suffering. I'm sure if it happened it would also push forward the possibility of a european super league, if so good riddance to the teams that leave. It wasn't that long ago when the likes of man city and chelsea were average teams. New teams will rise to the top and be the clubs to aim for.

What about Leinster and Munster...they have smaller budgets than the tigers yet they have done allright in recent seasons.

No they dont, my mate is going to manage Leinster and they actually have less financial restrictions than at Tigers.

I think the thing with FFP is that they don't want rich sugar daddies investing in footie clubs and then when they get bored recalling all the loans.If the investment is in "sponsorship" or investment without recall then this is okay. Am I right? It's only as I understand it.

Just listening to the phone in and Foxblogger says it is "incredible" that club won't come on to the programme.  Young thinks the same.

The club have given a written statement about FFP.

I don't think that the club should publicly be quizzed about their detailed policy for next season since that will affect their bargaining power with other clubs, players and agents.  Transparency in business does not seem to me to be the best policy.

I think foxblogger is out of touch with the reality of the commercial position of LCFC.

Hi

If you listen to the programme again (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0193nl9) you'll hear it's not me, but Ian Bason of the Foxes Trust.

Ian has observed, sensibly, that other Championship clubs have been far more open about the challenges of FFP than Leicester. No-one is asking for the club to go line by line through the accounts in public but a little more than a five line statement would have been useful - especially as the club could answer questions about loans, equity and the management fees the owners pay themselves without going into detail about the playing squad.

All the best.

Hi

If you listen to the programme again (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0193nl9) you'll hear it's not me, but Ian Bason of the Foxes Trust.

Ian has observed, sensibly, that other Championship clubs have been far more open about the challenges of FFP than Leicester. No-one is asking for the club to go line by line through the accounts in public but a little more than a five line statement would have been useful - especially as the club could answer questions about loans, equity and the management fees the owners pay themselves without going into detail about the playing squad.

All the best.

I agree, it would be nice to know what going on/planned. I'm not sure its in the clubs best interests to release this info.

Could you Thai owners buy up all the outsanding season tickets as a way of increasing turnover/sales?

And then fill the ground with cardboard cutouts... in fact for all but about three home games last year I'm sure what's what they did.

Archived