Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Financial Fair Play

Foxes Trust, that nosey parker organisation with no power or influence on anything yet again sticking their oar in.

Leicester City are a private company. We are customers at the end of the day like we are with Tesco et al. There is no way on this Earth that a private company would/should go on the radio and discuss the tiny financial details that are private. What a private company does with its financial strategy is up to them.

Foxes Trust, that nosey parker organisation with no power or influence on anything yet again sticking their oar in.

Leicester City are a private company. We are customers at the end of the day like we are with Tesco et al. There is no way on this Earth that a private company would/should go on the radio and discuss the tiny financial details that are private. What a private company does with its financial strategy is up to them.

Why be so aggressive, the foxes trust is a key platform in holding the club to account for all of us.

They might seem amateurish at times but they have hardly done anything that deserves your level of critism.

That's one view of it. But many fans will not see it that way. 

Here's an interesting discussion of the issue - http://footballmanagement.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/club-club-or-club-a-3cs-model/

When the club went into administration 10 years ago do you think most fans wanted to save Leicester City or Leicester City PLC?

Again, no-one has asked the club to pick over the minutes details of the accounts, but there are some very big picture questions that are perfectly fair to ask.

One example is whether the owners will restructure the clubs debt and management fees. This matters because if they don't the manager has £5m+ less to spend each season than he would otherwise. It is a decision that has a significant effect of the manager's ability to build a competitive squad. 

What the owners ultimately do is their decision, but it impacts the management, players and fans and it is therefore not unreasonable to ask what those decisions are.

I wouldn't care less if we had a salary cap and all the overpaid players and foreign mercenaries went somewhere else, We might get some young english players back in the first teams of premier league teams.

As for we might not win the champions league as a country for 7 years like the rugby , I couldn't care less either.

This. If money is all that's keeping these players here then they're no loss.

If anything I think it'd be the best thing for the league. Sure, we'd miss out on some players but the national side would improve a LOT, and we'd have players here for things other than money.

Never happen though. The Premier League is completely reliant on the hype around these mercenaries and they couldn't afford to lose them. Absolute joke of a league.

Basically whoever has the best lawyers and accountants will benefit in the long run, rather than the best manager or players. Very sad. Brilliant interview with Platini about FFP and the problems of it here - you can actually feel Platini squirming. Bit of a read but totally worth it for anyone interested in this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

It's actually worrying. I agree with the principle of it but I'm totally with the interviewer in this. Platini is absolute scum.

Hi

If you listen to the programme again (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0193nl9) you'll hear it's not me, but Ian Bason of the Foxes Trust.

Ian has observed, sensibly, that other Championship clubs have been far more open about the challenges of FFP than Leicester. No-one is asking for the club to go line by line through the accounts in public but a little more than a five line statement would have been useful - especially as the club could answer questions about loans, equity and the management fees the owners pay themselves without going into detail about the playing squad.

All the best.

Apologies for allocating the wrong quote to you but all the studio members appeared to share the opinion that it was the club's duty to the fans to come on to the programme and discuss details of its accounts and the implication of FFP on player retention and recruitment.

I know that you and others take a keen interest in such matters but to expect the club to reveal sensitive financial information which would be of benefit to competitors is unrealistic.

I am sure the club have a bank of lawyers, accountants and other advisors (professionally qualified or not) to look after its best interests and throwing the matters open for discussion on a radio forum is not the appropriate place.   The programme was hyped up and delivered nothing new.

We'll have to agree to differ.

Not read through all this thread but could somebody explain to me FFP in 5 or less bullet points. I've never bothered to read up about it but it seems to be popping up in almost every thread now so I'd like to know exactly what it is.

Cheers

Not read through all this thread but could somebody explain to me FFP in 5 or less bullet points. I've never bothered to read up about it but it seems to be popping up in almost every thread now so I'd like to know exactly what it is.

Cheers

It's a load of bollocks.

It seems a little unfair that the new rules will pretty much stop us from terminating the contracts of the deadwood if there are genuinely no takers. Surely the losses we would make from paying off the contracts of Beckford, Danns and all the other shitmunchers should be exempt from punishment seeing as they would be made out of a genuine effort to comply with the rules?

It seems a little unfair that the new rules will pretty much stop us from terminating the contracts of the deadwood if there are genuinely no takers. Surely the losses we would make from paying off the contracts of Beckford, Danns and all the other shitmunchers should be exempt from punishment seeing as they would be made out of a genuine effort to comply with the rules?

Well the club could have paid off their contracts at any time in the last 13 months since the rules have been published and not been punished for it, but they haven't.

Well the club could have paid off their contracts at any time in the last 13 months since the rules have been published and not been punished for it, but they haven't.

They could have, but it would make a mockery of it really. Overspending wildly so that you comply with upcoming regulations doesn't seem to be inline with what they are trying to achieve.

No problem with FFP, but there will be players out there I'm sure who were signed up before FFP was even mooted. Seems harsh for any club under those circumstances.

They could have, but it would make a mockery of it really. Overspending wildly so that you comply with upcoming regulations doesn't seem to be inline with what they are trying to achieve.

No problem with FFP, but there will be players out there I'm sure who were signed up before FFP was even mooted. Seems harsh for any club under those circumstances.

This is why I thought those contracts signed before FFP did not count.

Because they were looking for takers.

For the UEFA FFP players signed before I June 2010 are exempt from the break-even calculation.  Not sure if this is also the case for the championship version of FFP.  I think contract renegotiations count as a new contract

As for inflated sponsorship deals offered by your owner (or a related company) the club is supposed to be able to demonstrate that this was a 'fair-value'

Does anyone know how season ticket sales compare to last year.I know times are difficult but the club held most prices and if ,as seems to be the case, sales are down this has to be a problem  with the FFP rules in mind. Does anyone think not putting prices up was a mistake or would we have sold even fewer?

Does anyone know how season ticket sales compare to last year.I know times are difficult but the club held most prices and if ,as seems to be the case, sales are down this has to be a problem with the FFP rules in mind. Does anyone think not putting prices up was a mistake or would we have sold even fewer?

In the last FCC meeting (30th May) they said sales were ahead of the same stage last year and they were hopeful of reaching their target. Can't give you any numbers but I guess their target would be to retain the STH from last year, so about 15,500.

I don't know but we need to shift 8million before we can bring in any new targets.

Impossible imo, the deadwood if we managed to get rid of them would equate to a couple of million but not 8m, we would have to start selling the likes of Kasper, Nugent, Knockaert to get to the 8m figure alongside the deadwood.

Archived