Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Financial Fair Play

Discussion on this topic on the Radio Leicester Monday Night Football Forum

http://foxestrust.co.uk/2434/financial-fair-play-ffp#more-2434

This thread has been created for posters to add any specific aspects of FFP (or football finance in general) that they would like covered during the show

The thread will be reviewed until midnight Sunday night, but cannot promise any posts during Monday will have been seen prior to the show

A full transcript of the interview between Martin Samuel and Platini discussing amongst other things FFP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2330554/Michel-Platini-talks-Martin-Samuel-Qatar-World-Cup-Financial-Fair-Play-goal-line-technology.html

Reading it show's Platini hasn't really thought it all through.  Favours the big clubs as EPPP does and people will find ways round it.

Who exactly is going to be taking part in this discussion? Could be interesting if the people on the show are knowledgeable about FFP. If it's just people who haven't bothered to read about it yet still somehow feel their opinion is worthwhile then i'll give it a miss. Enough of that on foxestalk.

My question on ffp is this, I thought that player contracts that were signed before ffp came in were exempt

when it came to calculating a clubs outgoings. If this is the case then why are we so desperate to get rid of

the high earners?

Who exactly is going to be taking part in this discussion? Could be interesting if the people on the show are knowledgeable about FFP. If it's just people who haven't bothered to read about it yet still somehow feel their opinion is worthwhile then i'll give it a miss. Enough of that on foxestalk.

Foxblogger (Mike McCarthy) has carried out some in depth research on football so is well versed as part of that research.

We have been tracking FFP well before the actual terms were agreed, Daniel Geey is one of the experts in this area and Supporters Direct had close dialogue with him and a full copy of his report was made available for all Trusts to digest before the rules were finalised

do you know what im not totally upto date with this ffp can someone explain. 

i thought it was basically you could not spend more than what you have coming in bar a few million  

ie  player transfers and wages  against sponsership,gate reciepts and merchandise ?

if this is the case then lets say that someone wants to buy a club to expand it how are they going to do that if they are limited to say gates the only way i can see is this is making things worse the bigger clubs get bigger and the smaller clubs cant expand or get a rich sugar daddy ..

do you know what im not totally upto date with this ffp can someone explain.

i thought it was basically you could not spend more than what you have coming in bar a few million

ie player transfers and wages against sponsership,gate reciepts and merchandise ?

if this is the case then lets say that someone wants to buy a club to expand it how are they going to do that if they are limited to say gates the only way i can see is this is making things worse the bigger clubs get bigger and the smaller clubs cant expand or get a rich sugar daddy ..

Platini FTW :scarf:

This.

No, it will **** over a whole load of clubs. The days of wigan, Wimbledon, reading, Blackpool, hull, Watford, Barnsley etc. getting promotion will become fewer and far between. Eufa bottled it, put under pressure to do something they took the weak option that helps the big clubs maintain the status quo, if they really wanted to help there are other options available that would tackle the issue head on and level the playing field between big and small clubs, could even lead to lower ticket prices. Of course the European giants that run the game wouldn't allow that so we get stuck with this. Eufa are becoming as weak and limp wristed as the F.A.

Just listening to the phone in and Foxblogger says it is "incredible" that club won't come on to the programme.  Young thinks the same.

The club have given a written statement about FFP.

I don't think that the club should publicly be quizzed about their detailed policy for next season since that will affect their bargaining power with other clubs, players and agents.  Transparency in business does not seem to me to be the best policy.

I think foxblogger is out of touch with the reality of the commercial position of LCFC.

Foxblogger believes that there is/will be loopholes in the FFP rules to be exploited.  Others might say that they are not loopholes if you work within the rules.

Why on earth would anybody from LCFC come on to a radio programme to discuss the finer points of FFP rules?

Nothing new revealed by Radio Leicester!

So even if we can reduce the wage bill, get in line with FFP  and become profitable, the club as a business will still have £80m (forget the exact figure they mentioned) of debt to the King Power organization thats going to have to be paid back. Not up to speed with the finances but didn't think they were that bad. 

Would be interested if someone could answer this please, might have been mentioned I don't know.

Manchester City have already found a 'loophole' in FFP, they signed a £400m deal with Eithad I believe over 10 Seasons/Years, so roughly £40m a Season/Year in revenue they are generating no? So that means we could do something similar with King Power?

As one of the bigger clubs, with a decent support base, FFP should benefit us. Teams like Watford will be hit hard because they won't be able to generate the money. Unfortunately I can see that parachute payments will create a situation where the teams that come down always go straight back up - except it isn't just about expensive player is it, as we've proved over the past two seasons.

Would be interested if someone could answer this please, might have been mentioned I don't know.

Manchester City have already found a 'loophole' in FFP, they signed a £400m deal with Eithad I believe over 10 Seasons/Years, so roughly £40m a Season/Year in revenue they are generating no? So that means we could do something similar with King Power?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/04/manchester-city-financial-fair-play

The article mentions "Expert panels will assess the "fair value" of sponsorship deals and if related party transactions breach them, the relevant amount will be deducted from the break-even calculations."

Presumably, the Football League will create a similar system.

Perhaps the elephants outside the stadium can be sponsored. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/04/manchester-city-financial-fair-play

The article mentions "Expert panels will assess the "fair value" of sponsorship deals and if related party transactions breach them, the relevant amount will be deducted from the break-even calculations."

Presumably, the Football League will create a similar system.

Perhaps the elephants outside the stadium can be sponsored. :)

Wonder what they consider to be fair?  How does sponsorship of a training facility add value?

Archived