Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

14,074 Season Tickets sold

People won't pay £30 to watch Yeovil at home though.

Find a balance that's fair, personally I think £15-20 is about right.

This.

We also have got to scrap 'platinum' games. Regularly results in utter shite attendances against our rivals. 24k against Forest & 20k against Derby is a joke.

Just as everyone seems to forget being in and around the top two for 2/3rds of the season with the third youngest squad in the Football League.

Don't forget we were second, or even top for a very short time, but can remember poor result, after poor result, that no matter how much the manager and players said they would turn it around it continued into one of our poorest runs in many many years.

And the saddest things is if the poor run hadn't have lasted as long, auto's were there for the taking, but due to lack of the know how, or ability it didn't.

As others have stated I will follow the club, not just the manager or players, but I think there's a few out there, but if someone has a spare pair of Pearson tinted glasses I would be grateful of a pair, because no matter what spin is put on it and no matter how much people defend it, it was a disappointing season, after it promised so much, and the remit set by the club and management was promotion, so it was a failure.

**** That. If people will only go to a game when it's £15 a ticket plus a pie then I'd rather not.

I said flexible, not reduced to £10 for each game.

Dan outlined it, get rid of Platinum games.

Ooooooh yeah, it must be a conspiracy! They've actually only sold twenty and everyone else has told the ST office to get ****ed until Pearson's left.

How many times at the end of matches do they announce some ridiculous attendance figure that anyone in the ground can see is a load of bollocks ?  time and time again, so no I do not trust them. Don't forget there are lies damn lies and statistics. :thumbup:

How many times at the end of matches do they announce some ridiculous attendance figure that anyone in the ground can see is a load of bollocks ?  time and time again, so no I do not trust them. Don't forget there are lies damn lies and statistics. :thumbup:

That's often on tickets sold though, just look at man utd they have 1000's not turning up to home games despite having a ticket,   No doubt this happens all over to a lesser extent of course.

How many times at the end of matches do they announce some ridiculous attendance figure that anyone in the ground can see is a load of bollocks ? time and time again, so no I do not trust them. Don't forget there are lies damn lies and statistics. :thumbup:

Isnt this just due to the difference in tickets sold and people who actually turned up?

The announcement at the end of the game is based on how many tickets are sold for the game and how many ST holders there are. Obviously some poeple will buy tickets and not end up going, or ST holders will skip a game.

Apart from that, there's the fact that ST holder ticket sales have to be recorded factually for accounting purposes? So you think they'd just come out and lie about the figures?

Face it, your expectation that there would be big anti-Pearson backlash hasn't come to pass.

You don't trust them because it doesn't fit in with your judgement that Pearson is keeping millions of fans away from the ground.

Actually find this a little disappointing tbh, what were the figures last season?

I know we had 15.1 in the 10/11 season and 16.1 in the 11/12 season. I feel we should be getting past 15,000 in the Championship now, especially given that we've just had a decent PO season.

Actually find this a little disappointing tbh, what were the figures last season?

I know we had 15.1 in the 10/11 season and 16.1 in the 11/12 season. I feel we should be getting past 15,000 in the Championship now, especially given that we've just had a decent PO season.

Harry it's a great figure so far, it's only June I am sure by the start of the season that figure will look even better

Harry it's a great figure so far, it's only June I am sure by the start of the season that figure will look even better

Hope so  :)  It's just that sales slowed down quite a bit after they announced the first figure in the past. Maybe I'm being a little pessimistic  :P

It isn't bad really considering the piss-taking with $ky games and the fact a lot (like it or not) do dislike Pearson.

I think there are steps English football could take that would see attendances over here gradually improve, such as safe standing.

It isn't bad really considering the piss-taking with $ky games and the fact a lot (like it or not) do dislike Pearson.

I think there are steps English football could take that would see attendances over here gradually improve, such as safe standing.

Prices for one... 20 quid a game still isnt low enough for the lowest price adult season ticket.

The OP quote for one.

Nope.

That was a quote from the the website, it suggests that high ST sales show that a lot of fans feel confident enough purchase one. It didn't actually say that ST sales will affect performances, just that fans feel that there will be good performances.

Nope.

That was a quote from the the website, it suggests that high ST sales show that a lot of fans feel confident enough purchase one. It didn't actually say that ST sales will affect performances, just that fans feel that there will be good performances.

i know it was a quote from the website,  that's why i said 'The OP quote' and not 'The OP said'. So  the club isn't made up of people is it. did some random computer generate that  statement or did somebody write it. and i didn't say it will affect performance, i said using it as a 'predictor', so you're just  requoting me. please brush up on your english.

Archived