Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

14,074 Season Tickets sold

Didn't renew I know what's coming.

You didn't renew because of the new kit?

A bit silly, if you ask me.

But hooray, now I'm excited. Because there's going to be one eternal moaner less attending home games.

Improves the atmosphere tenfold.  :thumbup:

i know it was a quote from the website,  that's why i said 'The OP quote' and not 'The OP said'. So  the club isn't made up of people is it. did some random computer generate that  statement or did somebody write it. and i didn't say it will affect performance, i said using it as a 'predictor', so you're just  requoting me. please brush up on your english.

I tried to offer an explanation as to why I thought you were wrong and you respond with insults. I get a little sick of this kind of unintelligent method of discussion.

I'd like to state again that the implication was that many people are purchasing a ST because they themselves feel confident about the coming season - they themselves are predicting success. Here's the quote again: "The sales indicate City fans expect their team to be challenging for promotion again this season."

The number itself is not being used as a predictor as such. It's used for advertisement i.e. other fans are confident so you should be too.

I hope my English was satisfactory in this post. Even though my English was not at all at fault previously, it was actually a misinterpretation.

Blimey!!!!

It was 20 quid just to replace the old paper one in 08/09! I Couldn't find mine on the day of the Leyton Orient game, spent two weeks looking for it, and paid for a replacement before the Huddersfield game, then found my old one the following week.  :sweating:. I'd say with sort of tech in key cards could explain the high administrative cost, but aren't they simply printing a bar code onto plastic?

It was 20 quid just to replace the old paper one in 08/09! I Couldn't find mine on the day of the Leyton Orient game, spent two weeks looking for it, and paid for a replacement before the Huddersfield game, then found my old one the following week.  :sweating:. I'd say with sort of tech in key cards could explain the high administrative cost, but aren't they simply printing a bar code onto plastic?

No more expensive than the hundreds of millions of loyalty cards that are handed out to anyone who walks in a shop, surely? :dunno:

£30 is taking the piss, particularly for renewing your own seat.

Didn't he mean that he's moved to a more expensive section of the ground??

No same seat. Lost my card and had to replace it. In theory (had the seat next to me been available) I couldve said, ' erm yeh, I want to move my location please' and then been moved one seat across and been issued with a new ST with my new details in.

It is scandalous, I'm trying not to think about it.

No same seat. Lost my card and had to replace it. In theory (had the seat next to me been available) I couldve said, ' erm yeh, I want to move my location please' and then been moved one seat across and been issued with a new ST with my new details in.

I'd make a serious complaint if I were you, because that fee in no way reflects the administrative cost or burden of issuing you with a new card.

I'd make a serious complaint if I were you, because that fee in no way reflects the administrative cost or burden of issuing you with a new card.

I'd agree. I suppose they put a price on it to encourage people not to lose them but that's excessive to say the least

Complaints will get you nowhere. It's in the T&Cs of your ST purchase. It's horribly excessive, just like being charged about £70 by Ryanair for them reprinting a boarding pass for you. Companies set the price like that because they know people will lose their tickets and will, at the end of the day, have no choice but to pay it. You may think that a football club would have slightly more consideration for it's fans, but they see us as nothing more than customers of their business.

Saying that, I do think the club could have handled it better by saying much earlier that we would not be issued new cards. It all seemed like a very last minute thing.

Complaints will get you nowhere. It's in the T&Cs of your ST purchase. It's horribly excessive, just like being charged about £70 by Ryanair for them reprinting a boarding pass for you. Companies set the price like that because they know people will lose their tickets and will, at the end of the day, have no choice but to pay it. You may think that a football club would have slightly more consideration for it's fans, but they see us as nothing more than customers of their business.

Saying that, I do think the club could have handled it better by saying much earlier that we would not be issued new cards. It all seemed like a very last minute thing.

With all due respect, that's not necessarily true. I have complained about excessive adminstration fees on my credit card, bank account and a couple of insurance policies and in most cases at least a percentage of the fee has been returned to me, if not the whole thing.

Are people really willing to accept these ridiculous, over-inflated charges for what literally amounts to making a new card, just because it says so in the terms and conditions? Threaten to cancel your season ticket, and then see if they still make you pay £30 to replace a piece of plastic. I'd be on the phone to the Leicester Mercury about this as well, as it's absolutely scandalous.

Hope they all enjoy their Monday/Tuesday/friday evening and sunday late afternoons out.

My golf partner at the weekend hadn't renewd due to work and fixture changes.

Fair comments about flexible pricing though be nice to sort the catering out as well.

I may actually email Jim. I'm paying 30 a month DD for the ST anyway. Replacing something I've already bought has added a months extra payment.

It's my fault for losing it I accept. But who didnt go home wasted after the first leg v Watford?!

Couldnt you just swap seats with your mate and tell them you were moving to get a new card that way?

I nearly threw my card away, theres no way i would pay an extra £30 to renew my season ticket just because i threw it as i thought it was no longer needed.

That's not true any more.

I mean, it can't be. Wasn't the "attendance" against Boro only 8,500?

It normally is - Ipswich at home when we drew 1-1 and it snowed when we were put on sky, there was something like 14,000 in the ground but the attendance released was way higher. Only in this instance they couldn't get away with it because it was plain obvious how empty it was.

Wow .... that is crazy ..... I would think this is a big money spinner for the club - no end of people must throw their season tickets away at the end of a season anyway ... that's what you used to do with the first plastic cards they introduced - you had a new one each year!!

not sure thats correct i was told the club aee not re issuing any cards so if you renew but move your card will have the wrong seat details on. but only be accepted by the scanners for the area you have purchased.

Guest MattP

wonder if the morons who said they werent renewing after Middlesborough actually did

Of course they did, football fans will do what they told not matter how badly they are treated.

The club know that, they'll charge you £30 for a piece of plastic then show how much they love you by putting a 5p clapper on your seat.

Archived