Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

14,074 Season Tickets sold

It normally is - Ipswich at home when we drew 1-1 and it snowed when we were put on sky, there was something like 14,000 in the ground but the attendance released was way higher. Only in this instance they couldn't get away with it because it was plain obvious how empty it was.

I think attendance might be more about tickets sold than actual people in the ground...

( not all season ticket holders go to every game... The Ipswich game being a prime example..... yet, technically, a ticket had been sold for that game....)

I think attendance might be more about tickets sold than actual people in the ground...

( not all season ticket holders go to every game... The Ipswich game being a prime example..... yet, technically, a ticket had been sold for that game....

hold the phone....

With all due respect, that's not necessarily true. I have complained about excessive adminstration fees on my credit card, bank account and a couple of insurance policies and in most cases at least a percentage of the fee has been returned to me, if not the whole thing.

Are people really willing to accept these ridiculous, over-inflated charges for what literally amounts to making a new card, just because it says so in the terms and conditions? Threaten to cancel your season ticket, and then see if they still make you pay £30 to replace a piece of plastic. I'd be on the phone to the Leicester Mercury about this as well, as it's absolutely scandalous.

But can you really compare a football club to a bank, insurance company in situations like this? Other industries you can kick up a fuss, threaten to leave and more often than not they'll stick a deal on the table for you. But if not there's always another bank or insurance company there competing with them to take your money off you instead. No such thing for your football club though, it's your team for life.

The announcement at the end of the game is based on how many tickets are sold for the game and how many ST holders there are. Obviously some poeple will buy tickets and not end up going, or ST holders will skip a game.

Apart from that, there's the fact that ST holder ticket sales have to be recorded factually for accounting purposes? So you think they'd just come out and lie about the figures?

Face it, your expectation that there would be big anti-Pearson backlash hasn't come to pass.

If they count  allseason ticket holders and tickets sold why was the Middlesborough gate shown as 8ooo,

Im quite surprised at this really considering the amount of people who said they wouldn't renew due to Pearson still being here and that fact we had so many games moved for sky. I was actually talking to someone the other day who claims to have been a season ticket holder for 20 years but wont renew or go anywhere near as long as Pearson is still around.

Im quite surprised at this really considering the amount of people who said they wouldn't renew due to Pearson still being here and that fact we had so many games moved for sky. I was actually talking to someone the other day who claims to have been a season ticket holder for 20 years but wont renew or go anywhere near as long as Pearson is still around.

So flowwolf is like that in real life too?

I hope these season ticket holders are prepared for another season of average Championship football, where we will be also rans again.

Don't you ever get bored of being a shit troll?

I hope these season ticket holders are prepared for another season of average Championship football, where we will be also rans again.

I hope to see another 6-0 win, and 6-1 win, and 4-1 over our local rivals.

Terrible to watch.

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for your email. I completely understand your frustrations with this. Unfortunately it is part of the terms and conditions of the season card and it is there as a deterrent more than anything.

I do not know how much it costs to produce the cards but it is the sole responsibility of the card holder to look after their cards.

The charge was changed to £30 a few seasons ago and has been part of the terms and conditions since.

I know that doesn’t help you but unfortunately this will not change.

Kind Regards

Jim

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for your email. I completely understand your frustrations with this. Unfortunately it is part of the terms and conditions of the season card and it is there as a deterrent more than anything.

I do not know how much it costs to produce the cards but it is the sole responsibility of the card holder to look after their cards.

The charge was changed to £30 a few seasons ago and has been part of the terms and conditions since.

I know that doesn’t help you but unfortunately this will not change.

Kind Regards

Jim

What a terrible response!!!!!

What a terrible response!!!!!

in fairness to jim this is clearly something he can not alter or offer to change. he bends over backwards to help where he can. he's by far the most useful person at our club.

Guest MattP

Yeha Jim is a good dude.

You can tell by the e-mail he knows it's wrong, he just can't do a thing about it.

I feel that by the time the season starts they'll be one or two more in this position with their cards, surely we can be heard on this by starting a song at the Leeds game?

Or that fans thing where the selective few go to a meeting 4 times a year, can't they hammer home that the club are pulling the fans pants down over a lost card.

Yeah Jim's good, I emailed him complaining about my season ticket (All season tickets) being marketed as 'frozen' yet mine went up by £100, he emailed me back explaining, and like MattP said he knew it was wrong but simply couldn't do anything about it.

He even phoned me up and appologised.

The one thing I did ask of him and he didn't provide me with is who's fault or who I could speak to that could answer me, which I would have liked to have done tbh just to get some answers, get it of my chest, e.t.c, but tbf to Jim he does what he can and I did acknowledge to Jim that I realised it wasn't his fault but he was the only I could vent my feelings at, provide me with information of who I should speak to and how I can speak to them and I would have!

Terms and conditions are the crutch of poor customer service .... Anytime you have to refer to them to make a reasonable point to a customer you have failed ..... he hid behind them twice.

Nice guy maybe. Terrible response to a customer nonetheless.

not sure thats correct i was told the club aee not re issuing any cards so if you renew but move your card will have the wrong seat details on. but only be accepted by the scanners for the area you have purchased.

Sounds about right. I renewed last week but moved seats (& stand for that matter) - was told by the guy on the phone I wouldn't get a replacement card as it will just get reprogrammed to work elsewhere.

Terms and conditions are the crutch of poor customer service .... Anytime you have to refer to them to make a reasonable point to a customer you have failed ..... he hid behind them twice.

Nice guy maybe. Terrible response to a customer nonetheless.

Just out of interest what kind of response would you be happy with? Not sure what more you can ask for in the reply really.

Just out of interest what kind of response would you be happy with? Not sure what more you can ask for in the reply really.

Something along the lines of:

Take more care of your ticket tosser .... we're on a gold run and need all the money we can lay our hands on!!!!!

Or possibly ......

Thanks for your email,

We understand your frustration about having to pay for a replacement season ticket. 

This policy was put into place in 2009 and has been £30 since then. 

The charge was introduced for several reasons: We previously found that with no fee there was little incentive to find a lost card placing a huge administrative burden on the ticket office in the run up to games. So as a deterrent against not taking sufficient care of the card in the first place or not looking for it properly when lost we placed a fee on replacements.

Whilst on the face of it the cost of the actual card is clearly not £30, the administration time has to be taken into account as well as the risk that the card could be copied or used fraudulently. We have to secure the ground against mis-use and this does cost the club significantly and unfortunately we have had to pass some of this cost on.

As a club we try to keep Season Ticket prices as low as possible and investment into the playing side as high as possible. If we do not charge for items that cost our club money then we won't be able to provide the success you crave in those 23 games that you'll be joining us for next season.

Whilst I appreciate that you haven't lost your card, or not subsequently not found it, on purpose we cannot waive this charge. But I hope our explanation helps you to understand why.

We look forward to seeing you next season and your continued valued support.

i don't understand how something so simple as being a season ticket holder can  be so  complicated in the uk.

over here for baseball or nfl, you buy your season ticket package, you then either get your tickets mailed to you at home for each  game well in advance, or you hold them  at  will call and pick them up on the day at  the stadium. you just show them  your credit card that's what everything is keyed off.

each club has it's own website where you put game day tickets you can't make and sell  them  to other fans, usually cut price.

i can order single game tix up to an hour before a game and just pick them up from will call. piece of cake.

then again they have websites that don't crash as well.

Is this actually right? Have they just auto-renewed loads? Have the Thais bought them all themselves as a cunning way around FFP? Is it a stipulation in the players' contracts that they must buy 100 each? I don't understand this. I can barely believe it.

Archived