Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

14,074 Season Tickets sold

i know it was a quote from the website, that's why i said 'The OP quote' and not 'The OP said'. So the club isn't made up of people is it. did some random computer generate that statement or did somebody write it. and i didn't say it will affect performance, i said using it as a 'predictor', so you're just requoting me. please brush up on your english.

Really? After that post...? lol

Must say i'm very surprised.

I expected sales to drop. I know i'm not the only one getting more and more frustrated season after season of disappointment.

I suppose there are alot of people also like me who are glutton for punishment, I wasn't going to renew, especially after my price going up £100 despite the ST's being marketed as 'frozen', I really did struggle to justify a £100 increase, I argued it, I really did, Jim from the ticket office was fair enough and I did understand it wasn't his fault.

However he didn't exactly let me speak to who I want to speak to/blamed and I sent an email to the people I wanted to speak to/blamed but got no reply, but on the last day of renewals, muggins here renewed, i'm still abit indecisive about the decision i've made even now, but I felt pushed into a corner, rushed with the deadline and did it on impulse thinking that if I didn't renew on deadline day i'd be paying more than just the £100 increase if I did decide I wanted to renew.

i know it was a quote from the website,  that's why i said 'The OP quote' and not 'The OP said'. So  the club isn't made up of people is it. did some random computer generate that  statement or did somebody write it. and i didn't say it will affect performance, i said using it as a 'predictor', so you're just  requoting me. please brush up on your english.

You were wrong in the first place to be fair. The OP quote in no way predicts how we will perform on the pitch, just that the season ticket sales imply that the fans expect to be challenging for promotion next season, and so we should.

Guest MattP

Must say i'm very surprised.

I expected sales to drop. I know i'm not the only one getting more and more frustrated season after season of disappointment.

I suppose there are alot of people also like me who are glutton for punishment, I wasn't going to renew, especially after my price going up £100 despite the ST's being marketed as 'frozen', I really did struggle to justify a £100 increase, I argued it, I really did, Jim from the ticket office was fair enough and I did understand it wasn't his fault.

However he didn't exactly let me speak to who I want to speak to/blamed and I sent an email to the people I wanted to speak to/blamed but got no reply, but on the last day of renewals, muggins here renewed, i'm still abit indecisive about the decision i've made even now, but I felt pushed into a corner, rushed with the deadline and did it on impulse thinking that if I didn't renew on deadline day i'd be paying more than just the £100 increase if I did decide I wanted to renew.

I think you have pretty much summed up everything there in one post.

It's not just City fans but football fans in general in this country love punishment, a lot even like a moan. Their Saturday wouldn't be the same without it.

The clubs can treat the season tickets holders like absolute shit and 90% will still come back for more whatever happens. We've seen it all too often over the years.

The fact they even had the gall to say "If a seventh game gets moved to Sky we will refund you £14" like they are doing you a huge favour despite it probably causing most people a minimum approx £50 in inconvience says it all.

The announcement at the end of the game is based on how many tickets are sold for the game and how many ST holders there are. Obviously some poeple will buy tickets and not end up going, or ST holders will skip a game.

Apart from that, there's the fact that ST holder ticket sales have to be recorded factually for accounting purposes? So you think they'd just come out and lie about the figures?

Face it, your expectation that there would be big anti-Pearson backlash hasn't come to pass.

I was thinking wow that's amazing to have sold so many .... until I read this part of your response .....

Let's face it ..... With FFP what better way to introduce funds to your club than sell tickets to every mate you have in Thailand!!!!??

It just seems so unrealistic that we have sold more tickets than last season during such a low key post season and after such a poor run.

Guest MattP

Not when you lose it after the first playoff leg!

Paid £30 for another today. Couldve just moved seats just a few to the left and paid nothing but hey ho

£30?

How the fcuk do they justify that for something that costs about 20p to administer?

Imagine if hotels tried to charge you £30 for taking a room key away, they cost nothing.

£30?

How the fcuk do they justify that for something that costs about 20p to administer?

Imagine if hotels tried to charge you £30 for taking a room key away, they cost nothing.

Didn't he mean that he's moved to a more expensive section of the ground??

Didn't he mean that he's moved to a more expensive section of the ground??

Nope. It is £30 to replace your card, serious.

Season Ticket Terms and Conditions.

http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/lcfcst12-13-termsandconditions280-247960.pdf

15. Leicester City Football Club cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for Season
Tickets either lost or damaged beyond use. A lost or damaged
Season Ticket can be replaced for a fee of £30.

Stolen Season Tickets will only be replaced if supported by a valid Police incident number.
The Club reserves the right only to issue one replacement
Season Ticket per customer, per season.

Just to confirm again.

Important Message: Keep Your Season and Member Card
Following the introduction of Season Ticket and Membership Cards for the first time this season, Leicester City Football Club would like to remind supporters that the cards are not issued on a seasonal basis, and that they will remain valid for forthcoming seasons.

Season Ticket Holders and Members who renew their current seat or Membership online will have their card automatically activated. A charge of £30 will be made for any card replacements, as detailed in the Season Ticket Terms and Conditions.

I actually think a lot of these COULD be people that simply haven't cancelled their direct debit. I called up to renew my season ticket after the early bird deadline and she told me that I had already renewed as they had continued to take the money out of my account. This was backed up by a letter I got through the post saying that if I wanted to renew I didn't have to do anything. If I DIDN'T want to renew, I had to call up and cancel.

I don't know whether this happened to anyone else. It is my 18th season ticket or something like that so perhaps they just presumed?  :) Either way I'm happy but some might not be.

Guest MattP

Oh ffs lol

They can't seriously expect to have renewed your ticket on the fact you haven't bothered to cancel a DD surely? :D

Surely it must be down to the massively unattractive and mediocre hoofball we've been playing under Pearson as well as the bleak financial outlook.

I can't think of any other reason why the numbers are that high.

Influx of sheep n trees just wanting to see us fail lol

You were wrong in the first place to be fair. The OP quote in no way predicts how we will perform on the pitch, just that the season ticket sales imply that the fans expect to be challenging for promotion next season, and so we should.

so somehow, even though it has nothing to do with what happens on the pitch, we should be challenging for promotion??

The announcement at the end of the game is based on how many tickets are sold for the game and how many ST holders there are. Obviously some poeple will buy tickets and not end up going, or ST holders will skip a game.

Apart from that, there's the fact that ST holder ticket sales have to be recorded factually for accounting purposes? So you think they'd just come out and lie about the figures?

Face it, your expectation that there would be big anti-Pearson backlash hasn't come to pass.

Then they should not announce it as ATTENDANCE . As for the anti Pearson backlash lets wait until we are ten to fifteen games in shall we ?

so somehow, even though it has nothing to do with what happens on the pitch, we should be challenging for promotion??

Dear me, of course challenging for promotion involves what happens on the pitch, but nobody predicts how we will perform on the pitch. It says 'The sales indicate City fans expect their team to be challenging for promotion again this season.' There is no element of certainty, or prediction. It's all conjecture.

Guest ttfn

That's not true any more.

I mean, it can't be. Wasn't the "attendance" against Boro only 8,500?

Correct.

I think taking the ST as automatic attendees ended when the books were replaced with cards.

Guest MattP

I just thought they deliberately changed it that night as it would have looked ridiculous had they announced 20, 000 lol

But wouldn't it have looked somewhat odd if at the Boro game they announced 23,000 in the ground?

IIRC that game was also some promotion as well so ticket sales should've been up on average.

Then they should not announce it as ATTENDANCE . As for the anti Pearson backlash lets wait until we are ten to fifteen games in shall we ?

Oh, so it's now gone from people not renewing season tickets in droves to an expected desertion after 10 or so games.

Any more offers? Christmas? September 2017?

Archived