Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

What Konch says...

My friends just got back off his honeymoon and has spent the last two weeks with Konch and his family. He said 3 will defo leave because of the wages etc and they need to go so we can bring more in also he's still injured and still having treatment. So will a new leftback be coming in? He also said we'll finish higher this season because the team missed James at a serious time of the season and he was one of the key players. Just thought I'd let you all know.

My friends just got back off his honeymoon and has spent the last two weeks with Konch and his family. He said 3 will defo leave because of the wages etc and they need to go so we can bring more in also he's still injured and still having treatment. So will a new leftback be coming in? He also said we'll finish higher this season because the team missed James at a serious time of the season and he was one of the key players. Just thought I'd let you all know.

How could he know 3 will "deffo" leave? 

I'm not doubting this story at all, but I always doubt why would a footballer say 'yeah three will leave'. I understand them confirming they are injured, but I personally wouldn't say anything regarding transfers if I was a player.

We need a new left back anyway regardless.

And how does he know we'll finish higher than last season.

I'd have a bet with him that we don't.

God forbid a player be optimistic about the team he plays for.

He isn't going to be a boo-boy is he?

I'm not doubting this story at all, but I always doubt why would a footballer say 'yeah three will leave'. I understand them confirming they are injured, but I personally wouldn't say anything regarding transfers if I was a player.

We need a new left back anyway regardless.

:banghead:

We fookin don't mate. Not as an immediate replacement anyway.

As for the, 'how does he know 3 people will leave?' I'm sure the players have a pretty dam good idea as to what's happening with each others contracts etc.

But he was right about James, though it doesn't take a rocket science to realise our poor run coincided with him being out. He's an immense player

:banghead:

We fookin don't mate. Not as an immediate replacement anyway.

As for the, 'how does he know 3 people will leave?' I'm sure the players have a pretty dam good idea as to what's happening with each others contracts etc.

But he was right about James, though it doesn't take a rocket science to realise our poor run coincided with him being out. He's an immense player

Agree with your other points, but we don't need a left back? Which of our left backs nailed down a spot with consistent performances then?

Guest MattP

Has a club in history ever gone through a summer without at least 3 leaving?

Not exactly a big call is it.

And he has no idea where we will finish next year.

I'm guessing that the 3 are Beckford, Danns and Nuge. All signed by Sven and if I remember rightly Danns chose us over Rangers (who were in the Champions League at the time), so i'm sure some big money may have had a saying in his choice. 

Nothing about being a boo-boy

But if the OP is genuine how the hell can Konchesky come out and say "we will finish higher next season"

Because he's not going to tell a fan that "Actually, we're going to finish 7th. It's all a fix. I wouldn't even waste your money."

Archived