Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Drinkwater - Good signing?

He's alright, I still don't think we've managed to replace Ritchie Wellens as he was when he first joined though. I don't think he ever got the praise he deserved.

If he got any praise it was more than he deserved.

How quickly it can change on this board though.

One week it can be James and King ahead, following week, King should be dropped and everyone would be raving for drinkwater to be in.

I think he's young and will only improve... Keep for me.

Your as good as your last game on here in a lot of people's mind's.

Or even the last 5 minutes makes me wonder how many have played the game?

I suppose they are also 100% perfect in their job 100% of the time.

I susspect in a lot of cases their manager would say different.

But hey just my thoughts and are praps wrong and they are all perfect all the time.

Your as good as your last game on here in a lot of people's mind's.

Or even the last 5 minutes makes me wonder how many have played the game?

I suppose they are also 100% perfect in their job 100% of the time.

I susspect in a lot of cases their manager would say different.

But hey just my thoughts and are praps wrong and they are all perfect all the time.

What the hell are you talking about?

This is a football message board, we talk about ALL things football related. Go to general chat if you want to discuss each others achievements and aspirations.

I don't remember there being any stipulation to having played the game or being successful in your own job, before signing up for an account here. Maybe you should get off your high horse.

When we first saw him playing for Barnsley he combined with Vaz Te for 2 cracking one touch goals down the

left wing. We've not seen that at Leicester as he always seems to have a more defensive role. Lacks the

physicality of James.

I think Drinkwater is an excellent player, he was the pivotal player in our best run of the season, picking the ball up and starting attacks with great aplomb.

When NFP switched to a more defensive setup he found himself in possession in deeper areas with no runners ahead of him and our front and wide players holding their position.

He was forced to dwell on the ball and get closed down or try and force passes that were intercepted. No wonder he got the hump, another decent talent being worn down by NFPs defensive ethos.

I think Drinkwater is an excellent player, he was the pivotal player in our best run of the season, picking the ball up and starting attacks with great aplomb.

When NFP switched to a more defensive setup he found himself in possession in deeper areas with no runners ahead of him and our front and wide players holding their position.

He was forced to dwell on the ball and get closed down or try and force passes that were intercepted. No wonder he got the hump, another decent talent being worn down by NFPs defensive ethos.

What a ridiculous comment. The same Pearson who signed Anthony Knockaert? The same Pearson whose team scored 6 at home twice last season. Yep you're right. Drinkwater's drop in form was entirely down to Pearson being too defensive

Yes he is a good signing he was playing almost every game in the first half of the season when we was sitting in the top 2.

Tired out a bit which can be expected when you are playing every minute of every game.

People on here jump on his back obviously forget that part of the season, key player for next season I think.

Inconsistent, and goes down hill too often, but people know my thoughts.

Too negative and I wouldn't be bothered if we sold him.

Because the way King and James played for the last couple of months, I'm more than confident with them two in midfield.

Rubbish, he was a big factor in us sitting in 2nd spot... what game you watching?

Drinkwater being on form and us scoring 6 goals twice all took place before we started defending first and foremost.

Rubbish. We turned terrible in February but that's nothing to do with all of a sudden Pearson choosing to become defensive. We just lost momentum after the cup game and then became awful.

What a ridiculous comment. The same Pearson who signed Anthony Knockaert? The same Pearson whose team scored 6 at home twice last season. Yep you're right. Drinkwater's drop in form was entirely down to Pearson being too defensive

I am really at a loss as to what to say about that, assuming you are being serious.

I could say yes, the same Pearson that took a promising striker and turned him into a fullback, a good attacking midfielder/winger and turned him into a scuffling ineffective midfielder and requires Knockaert to play virtually as a wingback away from home.......

I could go on but I have a feeling it would pass you by.

Rubbish, he was a big factor in us sitting in 2nd spot... what game you watching?

Quite right, and while current forum favourite James was partnering King, we managed just 1 win in more than a dozen games.

Briliant!

What the hell are you talking about?

This is a football message board, we talk about ALL things football related. Go to general chat if you want to discuss each others achievements and aspirations.

I don't remember there being any stipulation to having played the game or being successful in your own job, before signing up for an account here. Maybe you should get off your high horse.

Fine one to talk.

So talking about peoples attitude towards our players is not a football topic.

Just say's it all really.

Rubbish. We turned terrible in February but that's nothing to do with all of a sudden Pearson choosing to become defensive. We just lost momentum after the cup game and then became awful.

You do not watch the games very carefully do you.

Our decline started at the end of October, and the problems became quite obvious well before Christmas. We were setting up defensively away from home and even against better sides at the KP. And we were losing, to Watford, Palace, Leeds, Milwall etc.

Our January performances were illusory, just two good performances really, and they were against sides quite wretched on the day, our other wins were just lucky. We had a bit of a lift from the early performances of Wood but that fell apart with Wood's 'injury' and we fell into a spiral. The more defensive we set up the worse we played, the worse we played the more defensively we set up, two wins from what, seventeen games. Says it all really.

Every home game last season.

And what happened when he went shit.

Oh yeah we dropped down to about 7th.

Every home game last season.

And what happened when he went shit.

Oh yeah we dropped down to about 7th.

The question is why he 'went shit'.

I have explained what happened above, remember the Palace game at the end of october, we set up defensively and they were all over us, you were there you must have seen that.

I'll let you off the Watford, Leeds, Millwall games as they were away from home.

The question is why he 'went shit'.

I have explained what happened above, remember the Palace game at the end of october, we set up defensively and they were all over us, you were there you must have seen that.

I'll let you off the Watford, Leeds, Millwall games as they were away from home.

His form dropped in about January.

One of the most negative midfielders I have seen in a Leicester shirt, hence why he was dropped and King & James came in and played better.

He slows the game down too often, and when you have him slowing the game down, it just lets the opposition get their shape and sit in front of us, then win the ball off us. He has to have about four-five touches before he passes it sometimes, which is just hideous. Then you have the case of him passing it backwards and sideways a lot, you weren't seeing that when we started King and James, they looked forward, they looked back, they looked sideways, they attacked, they defended, they are capable of doing a lot of things well, Drinkwater isn't.

You do not watch the games very carefully do you.

Our decline started at the end of October, and the problems became quite obvious well before Christmas. We were setting up defensively away from home and even against better sides at the KP. And we were losing, to Watford, Palace, Leeds, Milwall etc.

Our January performances were illusory, just two good performances really, and they were against sides quite wretched on the day, our other wins were just lucky. We had a bit of a lift from the early performances of Wood but that fell apart with Wood's 'injury' and we fell into a spiral. The more defensive we set up the worse we played, the worse we played the more defensively we set up, two wins from what, seventeen games. Says it all really.

'I don't watch games very carefully'- yes I do

'our decline started at the end of October' - so, did you not 'watch very carefully' performances such as Sheff Weds away and Ipswich at home (November), Bolton away where we played very well (November), Derby at home (December). I could go on. Yes, we were woeful at times away from home and did play some average stuff but up until Feb we were consistently better than all other teams in the division bar Cardiff. Remember, we don't have a divine right to win every game. The division is competitive. Where Pearson went wrong was in the FA cup- it totally disrupted our flow and the players lost confidence.

He was forced to dwell on the ball and get closed down or try and force passes that were intercepted. 

If you watched the games carefully, you would have noticed that Drinkwater started taking the easy way out, i.e., passing the ball backwards.  Pearson didn't suddenly decide to go defensive, the other teams started pressing high up the pitch.

If you watched the games carefully, you would have noticed that Drinkwater started taking the easy way out, i.e., passing the ball backwards.  Pearson didn't suddenly decide to go defensive, the other teams started pressing high up the pitch.

It seems unlikely that suddenly every team knew how to stop us playing, it seems more likely that it was down to us changing the way we played.

Archived