Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Drinkwater - Good signing?

How quickly it can change on this board though.

One week it can be James and King ahead, following week, King should be dropped and everyone would be raving for drinkwater to be in.

I think he's young and will only improve... Keep for me.

Undecided still.

His form dipped at the end of the season, like others to be fair, but earlier in the season he was looking to be a vital part of the team. On his day, at his best, he can dominate games (Sheffield Wednesday away as an example).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of James/King, though.

Steady player without setting the world alight, he sums up the team, inconsistent.

Wether after a full season here he could improve his inconsistencies, looks like we won't find out, as he is part of the surplus.

I would like to see him stay as a squad player.

For the first half of last season, he was arguably our second best player after Wes.

Then, something went badly wrong. Either he lost confidence big-time or opponents started working out how to get on top of him and stop him playing - with a significant adverse effect on our team as a whole...maybe even the most important factor in our post-January decline.

I hope he - with the coaching staff - can work out what suddenly went so badly wrong. If so, he can still be a top player for us. If they can't resolve the problem....well, that could be that.

I'd still like to see a 3-man central midfield (King-James-Drinky and/or a new signing) with Knockaert either playing in the hole or having a free role roaming left, right and centre behind the strikers and 2 fast attacking full-backs (De Laet + 1, don't think Konch is quick enough for that sort of a role now).

Undecided. Thought we played a lot through him during our good spells and he was pivotal. Then he struggled but to be fair, so did the majority of them. Sometimes he gives possession away too cheaply, and can be lightweight. But when he's playing well, he drives us on and I do think he's a little battler. He's young. King and James ahead for me, but I'd like Drinkwater to stay.

Seems to suffer from fluctuations in form and confidence more than most. Tends to have a month or two where he is pivotal, and then a month or two where he goes missing.

There does seem to be a significant correlation between his own performances and the team's results though. He's never one you pick out as having played well when we lost or having played badly when we've won.

Great signing... Puzzling final third of the season though.

Ran Wes close for PotS from August until Feb, but final third of the season his performances were poor & the rise of James cemented Drinkwater's place on the bench.

Needs to get back to being pivotal again, but he's young enough to grow

Great signing... Puzzling final third of the season though.

Ran Wes close for PotS from August until Feb, but final third of the season his performances were poor & the rise of James cemented Drinkwater's place on the bench.

Needs to get back to being pivotal again, but he's young enough to grow

this

Guest ttfn

For the first half of last season, he was arguably our second best player after Wes.

Then, something went badly wrong. Either he lost confidence big-time or opponents started working out how to get on top of him and stop him playing - with a significant adverse effect on our team as a whole...maybe even the most important factor in our post-January decline.

I hope he - with the coaching staff - can work out what suddenly went so badly wrong. If so, he can still be a top player for us. If they can't resolve the problem....well, that could be that.

I'd still like to see a 3-man central midfield (King-James-Drinky and/or a new signing) with Knockaert either playing in the hole or having a free role roaming left, right and centre behind the strikers and 2 fast attacking full-backs (De Laet + 1, don't think Konch is quick enough for that sort of a role now).

Basically this. He was consistently good to very good until the end of January. Then, from the Peterborough game until he finally got dropped about 7 or 8 games paper he played like he'd never seen a ball before. 

More than anybody, he embodied the exciting style of play we had for the first couple of months of the season. He moved the ball quickly and accurately and was the starting point of so many attacks. But as our season faltered so did he (or vice versa, who knows).

Right now I'd have him a pretty distant third behind King and James in the pecking order.

When he plays well he's one of the best dictators of a game we've had since the O'Neill days. Pings the ball about beautifully.

Looked bereft of confidence and fitness second half of the season, surprised he's on the sell list as I can't imagine we're paying him THAT much.

When he plays well he's one of the best dictators of a game we've had since the O'Neill days. Pings the ball about beautifully.

Looked bereft of confidence and fitness second half of the season, surprised he's on the sell list as I can't imagine we're paying him THAT much.

So, just because some journalist said he's transfer listed this is gospel? I don't believe it for a second

Archived