Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Drinkwater - Good signing?

Can't argue with any of that. I would go three at the back which would vastly improve deletes game, just need a left wing back.

Kasper

Moore

Morgan

Another

Delete

Another

King

Knocky

James

Wood

Nugent

For the first half of last season, he was arguably our second best player after Wes.

Then, something went badly wrong. Either he lost confidence big-time or opponents started working out how to get on top of him and stop him playing - with a significant adverse effect on our team as a whole...maybe even the most important factor in our post-January decline.

I hope he - with the coaching staff - can work out what suddenly went so badly wrong. If so, he can still be a top player for us. If they can't resolve the problem....well, that could be that.

I'd still like to see a 3-man central midfield (King-James-Drinky and/or a new signing) with Knockaert either playing in the hole or having a free role roaming left, right and centre behind the strikers and 2 fast attacking full-backs (De Laet + 1, don't think Konch is quick enough for that sort of a role now).

Like most of the team he was ok until the poor run started. His form fluctuated as it did for others like Knocky, Nugent etc.

Funnily enough our poor form started when his did.

Yes, played a vital role in our excellent first 12 games and then maintained a decent level up until February.

He had a poor end to the season but on form he's a fine player to have in our side.

Would be a loss if he went.

Inconsistent, and goes down hill too often, but people know my thoughts.

Too negative and I wouldn't be bothered if we sold him.

Because the way King and James played for the last couple of months, I'm more than confident with them two in midfield.

If he is on the "sell list" it's a bits of a strange one.

Kingy is as good a midfielder as anyone on his day it's just unfortunate he doesn't have enough of them days. Most people would agree he can go missing for a few games.

James I think could turn out to be our player of the season next year. Good work rate, isn't afraid to get stuck in, scores goals and his corners are a constant threat. The slight concern I have is he is quite injury prone if I remember correctly.

Going back to DD personally I would keep him as we know how good he was from August until February. It would be more disappointing if we were having to get rid of him because Wellens or Danns couldn't get a transfer elsewhere.

A midfield consisting of DD, king and James wasn't up to promotion last season and as most of us would agree we lack that ball winning midfielder especially for those tough away games where we got turned over to easily

NP possibly has to make room for one (ffp and reduction in wage bill) and out of those 3 recognised CM's DD is the one that's probably going to be missed least judging on how the king&James partnership is starting to take shape

NP would probably like to keep him as well but needs must, and signing a ball winning midfielder is one of his priorities

Decent player, who would be great cover if James or King get injured. Pearson overplayed him last year. If he leaves it will be for his attitude not for financial reasons. I recall him going off straight down the tunnel in a strop when he was subbed last season ala Beckford, not something NP will tolerate. If he goes then Wellens will be our cover!?

Whether he stays or not he needs to tighten up his passing too many missed their mark, it would also help if he also improved his shooting/finishing. Put them right and he'll be very near to James & King all of whom need to show a bit more dynamism.

He was vital for us at the start of the season, when he played well, we ticked along with ease. When he plays bad we were dreadful.

He is a younger Richie Wellens, whilst playing the smart ball sometimes he needs to go forward with the ball!

Squad player? What's the point in having him on the bench? He will make no impact coming on as he neither defends or attacks well. He is good in a winning side who need someone to play the dull role, not for a team that needs to scrap for wins which is what we became at the end of the season, when he played rubbish.

Action: Undecided.

He has been a very good signing, didnt break the bank, young lad and he had a great first half of the season. I think he got tired, and this affected his form. I think centre mid is our strongest area, im happy with all 3 of the main players. 

He has been a very good signing, didnt break the bank, young lad and he had a great first half of the season. I think he got tired, and this affected his form. I think centre mid is our strongest area, im happy with all 3 of the main players. 

Tired.

This is what I struggle to understand.

His form dropped in about January, players shouldn't be getting tired in January, especially professionals who play in the Championship.

Jesus, according to this forum. We dont even have a team.. everyone "goes missing"

Most over used term ever.

Might explain the poor run, if most of your key players go missing for large parts of the game/season, you end up with the shambles we ended up with.

All players have dips or inconsistencies in form during a season, but we had to many, for too long, and at the same time, and drinkwater was guilty of it, as well as pretty much the whole squad for the last third of the season.

DD is a good signing without a doubt. The issue with unproven players is how the adapt when they have a full contract and how they cope with the demands of football week in week out. He is certainly what we need as a member of the squad. It really depends if you see him as a starter or as the cover player, this can only be a good thing. How what went wrong in the later part of the season needs addressing. If it was because he was over played then that's easy, if he has gone sour then maybe that's why he is on the "to leave list" could be he's getting the same treatment as SSL, I don't know, but I do find it odd that the club has not had any offers for him.

Archived