Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

You can still pre-order and receive a code to access the beta.

To be honest I really dislike this pay-for beta type thing you get with pre orders these days. I want to play the beta to test the game, that's the point of beta-testing, to see if the game is any good and to help test for bugs. Only making it available for people who pre-order is pretty cheap. Battlefield and all the rest are doing it as well and I don't agree, i'd like to be able to play test before I commit to buying it.

To be honest I really dislike this pay-for beta type thing you get with pre orders these days. I want to play the beta to test the game, that's the point of beta-testing, to see if the game is any good and to help test for bugs. Only making it available for people who pre-order is pretty cheap. Battlefield and all the rest are doing it as well and I don't agree, i'd like to be able to play test before I commit to buying it.

I think there is a demo out soon which will allow you to test before buying.

I pre ordered, and to be honest, the hook of being able to play the beta two weeks before release was a clincher for me. It only cost me £25 and I knew I'd end up buying it anyway.

Played it last night a bit, impressed with the new UI so far and the Closecam looks good.

I pre ordered, and to be honest, the hook of being able to play the beta two weeks before release was a clincher for me. It only cost me £25 and I knew I'd end up buying it anyway.

Played it last night a bit, impressed with the new UI so far and the Closecam looks good.

Isn't the demo out today?

where did you see it for £25? its £35 on steam. i have never payed top price for FM as there are huge periods where i dont play it

I guess that's fair actually, didn't realise there'd be a demo.

Looking forward to this actually, haven't played it for a couple of years so keen to see what they've done with it. Would also like to know where to get it for £25. Found it for that on CJS Keys but they just give you the Steam key for it and it's an extra £2.50 for the beta access.

It's not a pay-for-beta, you aren't paying any extra to have access to the beta.

Game companies aren't going to give out a beta version of a near complete game for free, it wouldn't make any business sense.

Looking forward to this actually, haven't played it for a couple of years so keen to see what they've done with it. Would also like to know where to get it for £25. Found it for that on CJS Keys but they just give you the Steam key for it and it's an extra £2.50 for the beta access.

I used Green Man Gaming. If you google it you should find a 25% - 30% money off deal for FM2014. I'd not used them before but it was dead smooth. Got my beta key yesterday afternoon and put it into Steam and voila!

I used Green Man Gaming. If you google it you should find a 25% - 30% money off deal for FM2014. I'd not used them before but it was dead smooth. Got my beta key yesterday afternoon and put it into Steam and voila!

Might give that a whirl when I get home then, cheers!

cheers

Im on the beta version now. started with leicester of course. u cant buy any players even though i sold sst for 1m and waghorn for 1m i still cant because we are badly in debt  :( great! not doing too bad though 6th after 6 games. schlupp is good hes scored 5 goals in 7 games. and wes is a beast as usual the only unrealistic thing is that shitbread is actually good on it  :|  mabye ill contact them that its a bug  :P oh and yeovil are top having won all of their games. somethings not right!

Make the wage demands a bit more realistic... I got promoted to the premiership with Leicester, got a few nice loans in and some youngsters who surprised me alot, I somehow came 8th spending only 8.9m on 3 players and about 5 youth

The following season with me expecting to finish top half, I tried to sign caulker from cardiff (Who got relegated) He was valued at 3.3m after a honking season, they wanted 12m

I had got a few players on loan again and was trying to cut down on expenses to make us a profitable club, so next season could challenge europe....

So all I needed was caulker to solid up the defence.

He was on 30k a week, and wanted 75k per week to come UP TO THE PREMIERSHIP from the championship bound cardiff.... 

Needless to say I gave in and paid it.. and he has been average rating of 8.2 after 12 games, so well worth it but rediculous wage structures on the game...

Archived