Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

Is it sh*t or is it just not your cup of tea? It may surprise you, but they are different things entirely.

Prob not the right thread, but how do you disable player attribute masking on the classic?

( and ignore him - loving being able to get through a season more quickly!)

IMO it is shit, may not be for you but it is for me which is why I said it

You haven't really said why its shit. I really like it - its perfect for the part time player, quick and simple to run through the game without worrying about all the lower level detail you get in the full game. There are improvements to be made naturally but given its a newer concept it was never going to be the finished article.

I really hope they keep working on this flavour of the game - works for me and a lot of others who due to work etc just dont have the time to play. Not like the good old days at Uni and school where I could play all hours!  

I definitely prefer Classic mode, A lot of the added stuff in the full version I just can't be bothered with and leave it anyway i.e training schedules, press conferences, team talks

Is all that stuff not there in classic mode! I'm going to get FM13 if that is the case...

Is all that stuff not there in classic mode! I'm going to get FM13 if that is the case...

No individual training, press conferences, player interaction, team talks and opposition instructions. All the usual transfer and tactics related content is still there though.

I don't like classic mode one bit personally but I can see why people would - it's a very good and clever idea by them.

Played it though and just wasn't at all keen. It was missing too many things for me.

I don't like classic mode one bit personally but I can see why people would - it's a very good and clever idea by them.

Played it though and just wasn't at all keen. It was missing too many things for me.

Sure its not everyones cup of tea.... just like not everyone paints their bedroom the same colour

Sure its not everyones cup of tea.... just like not everyone paints their bedroom the same colour

Precisely, just doesn't happen to be mine. Can see why people like it and the introduction of it has been more than justified in this thread.

Football Manager 2014 has been announced by Sports Interactive.

The tenth edition in the long-running simulation series is claimed to be the "most authentic" to date, with over 1,000 improvements and features to make it more accessible than ever.

gaming-footballmanager2014.jpg

© SEGA

Football Manager 2014's box art.

Playable on Linux computers for the first time, cloud storage means games can be resumed on any other computer.

Meanwhile, Steam Workshop integration means sharing custom content, such as logo and photo packs, competitions and tailor-made in-game challenges with a new Challenge Editor is made easy.

Other improvements include an improved 3D match engine with improved AI, lighting and player animations and an overhaul of how player and team tactics are selected and implemented.

gaming-footballmanager2014-4.jpg

© SEGA

Renegotiating with the board.

Transfers and contracts will become more realistic when it comes to making and responding to offers, while real-world clauses such as cash and loan payments and loaning players back to old clubs are now possible.

There will also be a new live transfer system, similar to what was seen in contract negotiations, as well as the traditional 'turn-based' transfer system.

Board interactions have become more sophisticated, where managers and boards can establish demands and visions during job interviews and negotiations, while players, staff and media now have heightened interactions.

gaming-footballmanager2014-3.jpg

© SEGA

New team tactics.

Elsewhere, news has improved filters and enables managers to deal with more issues from their inboxes, the overall user interface has seen key areas redesigned, and in-game language is now closer to real-world football.

Finally, Football Manager Classic has more than three playable nations, while 'fast play' mode now includes a Match Plan wizard, the transfer deadline day and new unlockables.

"Our unchanging goal in the development of the Football Manager series is to deliver the most authentic and immersive simulation of real-world football management wherever you may be in the world," said director Miles Jacobson.

gaming-footballmanager2014-2.jpg

© SEGA

Football Manager 2014's logo.

"Players can now take charge of their team anywhere they can access a home computer, and with huge improvements to existing features plus the addition of loads of new stuff, can have the best Football Manager experience to date while doing so."

Football Manager 2014 will be available on PC, Mac and Linux later this year.

at a glance, there is nothing there that stands out. Dare say this could be the first year i wont get FM. Ps4 is the priority. For a concept (football management) that could have so many dynamics to it, the FM brand is starting to get slightly tiresome. 

I bought FM13 and didn't really like it - including Classic Mode which was fine - and a good idea - but just didn't click with me. It still seemed a bit 'busy' appearance wise I think.

I like detail and depth, but not all out in front of me all the time. I re-installed FM11 and would say that's close to what FM Classic could be. Or alternatively FM07/08 which were great. 

at a glance, there is nothing there that stands out. Dare say this could be the first year i wont get FM. Ps4 is the priority. For a concept (football management) that could have so many dynamics to it, the FM brand is starting to get slightly tiresome. 

Agree with the above post. Very little about that grips me.

Intrestingly, FM2013 was the best selling FM game of all time.... i'd wager fm2014 beating that target too.

Fm14 classic mode has cross play with PS Vita!

So you can take your save anywhere!!

Best announcement at the conference in my opinion. But it was a poor conference. Anyway I'm looking forward to a decent portable fm game.

Archived