Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

I tell you what I'd love, if they made a big song and dance about the Champions League, Cup finals and the last day of the season etc.

Like properly set it up, can you imagine having the CL music (or some variant of it) playing before your CL games. Be well good. I never feel like there's enough song and dance, like it should give you stats on your journey through.

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing fm2011 so this suggestion may now be irrelevant, but I'd like to see slightly better options of when to return from holiday, or more control over how time moves forward in general. I'll often just holiday between games in order to speed things up, but then you run the risk of missing things like offers for your staff, squad registration, unhappy players wanting to speak to you, transfer offers etc. I'd like to be able to choose what stops the game from moving forward. So i'll select from a list things like transfer, squad selection, matchday etc and then when I press continue the game will move on until one such event occurs

Still playing fm2011 so this suggestion may now be irrelevant, but I'd like to see slightly better options of when to return from holiday, or more control over how time moves forward in general. I'll often just holiday between games in order to speed things up, but then you run the risk of missing things like offers for your staff, squad registration, unhappy players wanting to speak to you, transfer offers etc. I'd like to be able to choose what stops the game from moving forward. So i'll select from a list things like transfer, squad selection, matchday etc and then when I press continue the game will move on until one such event occurs

Holidaying hasn't changed a great deal, I don't think. I tend to use it to skip transfer deadline days if I'm not signing anyone.

Good idea, though, don't think it'd be that hard to implement?

Holidaying hasn't changed a great deal, I don't think. I tend to use it to skip transfer deadline days if I'm not signing anyone.

Good idea, though, don't think it'd be that hard to implement?

I find it particularly useful when there's a big international break on as i'll just holiday to the next match rather than having to press continue about a dozen times to get through the break.

Wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to implement as the mechanism for returning for the next match is already in place, and there are options for returning when you get a job offer as well, so it would just be a matter of extending the options a bit.

I haven't brought an FM game since 08, my computer still works on a CD drive  lol so I've brought a laptop, pretty powerful and that, do you guys think running FM 14 would be that much of a problem? Have you encountered problems playing any FM on a laptop?

I haven't brought an FM game since 08, my computer still works on a CD drive lol so I've brought a laptop, pretty powerful and that, do you guys think running FM 14 would be that much of a problem? Have you encountered problems playing any FM on a laptop?

FM is basically a spreadsheet with primitive graphics. If you've a reasonable amount of RAM and a processor built this decade you'll probably be fine.

I haven't brought an FM game since 08, my computer still works on a CD drive  lol so I've brought a laptop, pretty powerful and that, do you guys think running FM 14 would be that much of a problem? Have you encountered problems playing any FM on a laptop?

Try this website http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

It scans your computer to see if it can run a certain game. Just select Football Manager 2014 and then let it do the work!

• 2 weeks later...

at a glance, there is nothing there that stands out. Dare say this could be the first year i wont get FM. Ps4 is the priority. For a concept (football management) that could have so many dynamics to it, the FM brand is starting to get slightly tiresome. 

Agreed.  They seem to have used the same press release for the past few editions.

Irony, my first FM horror story shall commence on Halowe'en.

Not irony.

Just decided to bite the bullet and pre order this. I always say I'm not going to buy it but been playing FMC version on FM2013 recently and really enjoying it (currently in charge of Portsmouth). The Classic version seems to be expanded a bit this year and I'll probably start a "full" version as well. 

Nice. My Uni week off starts on the 2nd so it looks like I'll be using that for FM.

Came out on Halloween the other year as well, the year we played QPR away. I got it in London that day.

Can't wait really. Bored of FM2013 now.

Archived