Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

seems a realistic save that one ;)

Well, playoff promotion is possible, but my cup run was unbelievable!!

Trying to stay up may be a problem,

However so far I think this game may have a few problems...

Im in the 2nd season transfer window, and teams like Chelsea and united are releasing wonderkids? just picked up 2 5 star potential players on frees......

and other teams are selling top quality players cheap.. just got Kieren trippier at Right back from burnley for £1m, He's rated to be a "Top premiership division right back"

Bit worried its going to be too easy...

I started a new game yesterday but decided to let it run for a season before adding myself and taking over at City. Had put "placeholder" manager to return from holiday at the end of May to get ready for pre season, but happenend to walk past the PC and came back on 17th May. Added a new manager and took over at City only to discover that they had finished 18th in the Championship but to my astonishment were in the FA Cup Final. So it came to pass that my first game in charge was a less than gamourous Cup Final against Burnley(?) at Wembley. Schlupp duly delivered a hat trick and we won 3-0!

However, the poor financial state of the club means that I have been unable to renew any contracts of staff or players and most of them have left! Lost about 18 players, plus Shakey, Walsh and others. King has got the arse and demanded a transfer - Wigan came in for him, but he rejected them.

Need to recruit about a dozen players now (I do have a bit of transfer spend now the others have left), and a new backroom staff to tackle the Championship and Europa League.

Oh, and England won the World Cup, beating Brazil in the final (aet) with a goal from Chris Smalling. Wonder what odds you'd get on that!

Well, playoff promotion is possible, but my cup run was unbelievable!!

Trying to stay up may be a problem,

However so far I think this game may have a few problems...

Im in the 2nd season transfer window, and teams like Chelsea and united are releasing wonderkids? just picked up 2 5 star potential players on frees......

and other teams are selling top quality players cheap.. just got Kieren trippier at Right back from burnley for £1m, He's rated to be a "Top premiership division right back"

Bit worried its going to be too easy...

Check their determination. 

I didn't really enjoy Fm2013 so won't be buying this. I'd still like a mode where player stats are completely masked from the player and one has to rely on assessing player's actual performance in order to build the best squad. The match engine was a lot worse in 2013 than in 2012 but there's always some unrealistic exploit that makes the game seem pointless.

I didn't really enjoy Fm2013 so won't be buying this. I'd still like a mode where player stats are completely masked from the player and one has to rely on assessing player's actual performance in order to build the best squad. The match engine was a lot worse in 2013 than in 2012 but there's always some unrealistic exploit that makes the game seem pointless.

Don't you think it's quite difficult/stupid 'assessing' performance of some 2d players over a few 30 second clips in a simulated game?

It's not a thing that would work.

I know I said I started as Pompey but changed my mind at the last minute and chose Wolves instead, want to take them back to the premier league and it could be fun. Got some big wages mind so need to get promoted quickly. Not too sure who to sign for a Wolves sign who are fairly strong anyway

Don't you think it's quite difficult/stupid 'assessing' performance of some 2d players over a few 30 second clips in a simulated game?

I agree that it'd be more realistic but at the end of the day, it's a game, no-one, and I mean no-one, not even me who has a horrible habit to sit on the game for hours if I've got the time, would be arsed with that.

This game is shite.

Best team in the league in Wolves should be better.

Dominate matches yet they can't score and I lose the game by either a mistake or just a well worked goal. I've scored one goal all season which was an own goal. Had a great first five games losing them all. 

And yes I've tried three different tactics and they are all the same. P!ssing me off  :dry:

This game is shite.

Best team in the league in Wolves should be better.

Dominate matches yet they can't score and I lose the game by either a mistake or just a well worked goal. I've scored one goal all season which was an own goal. Had a great first five games losing them all. 

And yes I've tried three different tactics and they are all the same. P!ssing me off  :dry:

it's shit because you're not doing well?

Anyone ever purchased of CDKeys? They are doing it for £22.90 pre order. I suppose i'll get the beta version if I do pre order?

Is it CJS? I mentioned them earlier in the thread, they're pretty reliable.

You would still be looking at stats, looking at passing stats, game ratings etc.

I guess it depends whether you like realism or being able to win the champions league with Hinckley after filling the squad with the best youth prospects in the world.

I find it somewhat difficult to enjoy the tactical side of the game when the strategic side has far more effect.

There does seem to be something of a gathering demand for a 'hardcore' mode where attributes are not used but you form your judgement of players by watching them play. I don't think it's for me but I can sort of see the appeal. I think that it may be better to perhaps express the attributes as a range. Particularly the mental stats, so your scout would report 'Determination 9 - 15'.This could be further refined as you get to know the player.

As for my current game, I took charge of Concord Rangers in FMC. Stadium only holds 1400 which is adequate given the average attendance of 240. No money in the bank but managed to guide them to promotion in the first season after a marvellous FA Cup Run to the 4th round.

]

Archived