Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

I can't get rid of anyone for love nor money...or free. St Ledger, Gallagher, Danns... Waghorn turned down Wigan for £1m. Tried to get Riera on loan, but too big money... Did get Bentley on a free though, and signed Nuge, Morgan and Kasper to new (big) contracts.

Wish I'd got rid of Nuge, he's played about 90 minutes all season and now injured again.

I offered them for under their value and there seemed to be takers. Waggy was under value at £1m as well. Riera I got lucky with on deadline day cause the board adjusted budget. He's on about £13k I think. Nearly signed Antonio Adad (Real Madrid) but I didn't really need him.

The biggest issue with Leicester is FFP. I tried various formations with Leicester in my first season. I finished 2nd but finished failed FFP so was hit with a fine.

Through out Season 1 I sold SSL, Logan, Waghorn, Dyer, Vardy. Released Gallagher. Loaned in Lingard, M Keane. Signed McKay and Nathan Delforneo. Trained Knocky to play right wing and went 4-2-2-2 (4-4-2) . I had a really small Squad but it worked. I was mikes behind QPR though who won the league with ease. Albeit bizarrely losing the last 5 games! I was also taken over after 15 odd games by a local businessman.

Season 2 was a major overhaul and I set my team up to basically go down, if that makes sense. I re-newed everyones wages but put major 50% reduction in wages should we get relegated. I really struggled for goals as Morgan wasn't good enough, so played Keane and Moore as a back two. By the end of the season I stayed up in 17th place with 36 points. The major change in my tactics?!? Shoot on sight. Falque from Spurs was a major buy, as was John Guidette from Man City. I managed to get £6.5m for Chris Wood, who'd only got 1 in 20 games!

3rd Season, just hit the January Window but I'm 8th but the only players retained from Season 1 are Keane, Moore, Knocky, James and Lingard. Knocky wants to leave half the time so always has bad morale. Falque much the same. Nathan Delfanuse (sp?) loves a goal though!!

I haven't played FM for about 3 years due to knowing what I'm like and I'd never get any work done but I added some more RAM to my old iMac downstairs so I've installed FM14 on that and am keeping my work iMac FM-free, so hopefully I don't get distracted.

Now I just need to curb my habit for signing has-been Italian players. I've already epically failed this and Leicester have signed Iaquinta.

My squad's been injury ravaged, lost nugent,wood,wasilewski,drinkwater,macheda, literally had no strikers but there all about ready to return, saying that just played donny with schlupp and knocky up front and won 6-1 with both scoring hat-trick's. 

I'm doing well 2nd after 11 games with 23 points, Brighton are top.

I quite like this so far although admittedly I'm yet to not win  :ph34r:

The main difference is team instructions. They've completely got rid of the 7 options you had before and replaced it with the in-play instructions like 'retain possession' for example... and that's a massive improvement if you ask me. Not sure if you understand me here but lol

Found a gem. Jiloan Hamad. Contract expires at the end of December 2013, Swedish winger at Malmo, 22, 3.5 star ability, 4 star potential.

Sounds a complete mess as usual, as well as looking dreadful the data overload on every page hurts my eyes - I'll stick with FM12.

*beta Mr Miserable

Bet you're glad you get to take over Pearson's job whenever job play it lol

Data overload is a bit much though, maybe there'll be some skins or download that change it a bit.

Started with Leicester.

Only manager to sell St Leadger for £1.7 million to palace, no offers for Danns or Gallagher. Wigan offered £1.3million for Waghorn but the selfish bastard rejected it.

Didn't bring anyone in, started with a loss away at Middlesborough and a loss at home to Burton in the cup.

9 games in and I'm currently 2nd, 4 points off Reading.

Started with Leicester.

Only manager to sell St Leadger for £1.7 million to palace, no offers for Danns or Gallagher. Wigan offered £1.3million for Waghorn but the selfish bastard rejected it.

Didn't bring anyone in, started with a loss away at Middlesborough and a loss at home to Burton in the cup.

9 games in and I'm currently 2nd, 4 points off Reading.

Same happened with me with Waghorn. Got a £1.4M bid from Wigan I accepted. Waghorn couldn't agree personal terms. I had Billy Sharp & Wilfred Zaha in coming on loan! Well and truly pissed me off that they transfers got canceled because I had to pay a fee for both players. Fvck you Waghorn.

Installing as we speak. Really not sure what to do formation wise, I'm seriously tempted to try a 3-6-1.

I'll be honest, if you can get it to work you are genius, Formations on Fm14 are VERY hard, and are even more difficult if you make signings, you need to sign players suitable to your formation and the player roles are vital this year, I found a winner for leicester but only have 2 survivors in the 3rd season premiership, sat in 7th

Started a new save, Wycombe predicted relegation, got them 3rd and promoted, had absolutely SOD ALL money to sign anyone... 8k transfer and 3k wage budget to keep us up, I had to sell about 7 players, Most had to go on frees as nobody would take them and they were eating my wage budget up,

got 13 frees in, 7 of them have "Potential to be a leading championship player" 

average team age is about 20  lol

all on about £500 a week, So at the end of this season, financially expected to make a profit of around £3m 

Little tip. Lower league clubs, do not get premiership parent clubs, They will not allow anyone to go on loan to you, 

At the moment I am in january, and sat 3 pts above relegation, if I can somehow keep us up, I can start getting decent loans in and sign some players on the cheap to challenge for promotion...

Tactics are hard though.. 

It seems easy sometimes at first but give it 6 months or a season and you will start to slip, Happened in 3 saves so far (Had the game since the beta)

Oh, and a massive tip for clubs with low finances,

As soon as the pre season fixtures are announced, immediatly cancel them and set up your own, With my leicester save I squeezed 10 home games in, put the U21 team to first team, And rotated so they wouldnt get tired, played teams like Real madrid, Bayern munich...

all home games, Made £1,300,000 extra before the season started... 

You can download an in game editor (which bizarrely only works with the "full" version, not the classic) for £ 3.99. Trouble is it sits there in the game, waiting for you, tempting you to cheat....

Edit : I know In game editors have always existed, but this is the first "official" one. I think it should have been the other way round - the editor should be for the classic version

I'll be honest, if you can get it to work you are genius, Formations on Fm14 are VERY hard, and are even more difficult if you make signings, you need to sign players suitable to your formation and the player roles are vital this year, I found a winner for leicester but only have 2 survivors in the 3rd season premiership, sat in 7th

Started a new save, Wycombe predicted relegation, got them 3rd and promoted, had absolutely SOD ALL money to sign anyone... 8k transfer and 3k wage budget to keep us up, I had to sell about 7 players, Most had to go on frees as nobody would take them and they were eating my wage budget up,

got 13 frees in, 7 of them have "Potential to be a leading championship player"

average team age is about 20 lol

all on about £500 a week, So at the end of this season, financially expected to make a profit of around £3m

Little tip. Lower league clubs, do not get premiership parent clubs, They will not allow anyone to go on loan to you,

At the moment I am in january, and sat 3 pts above relegation, if I can somehow keep us up, I can start getting decent loans in and sign some players on the cheap to challenge for promotion...

Tactics are hard though..

It seems easy sometimes at first but give it 6 months or a season and you will start to slip, Happened in 3 saves so far (Had the game since the beta)

what formation and tactics do you use? I started as Fleetwood (predicted 2nd in League 2) and played 5 drew 1 lost 4 :/

what formation and tactics do you use? I started as Fleetwood (predicted 2nd in League 2) and played 5 drew 1 lost 4 :/

to be honest it's hard to tell you what tactic to use for you in perticular, Every team is different and as this year relies on Perticular roles, they will always be different, I did have a cheeky look at formations people have made and posted, and this one seems to be working, as I said I'm just above relegation and seriously struggling (not won in 11)

So tried this tactic... first time I used it, played leyton orient who are 4th and won 2-0

You need 2 dms though, I only have 1 but it worked  :D  Training my cms to also play dm now....

the link is http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/142834-w4nkers-tactics.html

Its called the "1st 442 (2)"

Give it a go, hopefully it will work for you, Not sure on your fm knowledge so if you don't know how to put the tactic into you game let me know,

If I could be bothered, I would try make a tactic for fleetwood, but I can't  lol

Let me know how you get on!

to be honest it's hard to tell you what tactic to use for you in perticular, Every team is different and as this year relies on Perticular roles, they will always be different, I did have a cheeky look at formations people have made and posted, and this one seems to be working, as I said I'm just above relegation and seriously struggling (not won in 11)

So tried this tactic... first time I used it, played leyton orient who are 4th and won 2-0

You need 2 dms though, I only have 1 but it worked  :D  Training my cms to also play dm now....

the link is http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/142834-w4nkers-tactics.html

Its called the "1st 442 (2)"

Give it a go, hopefully it will work for you, Not sure on your fm knowledge so if you don't know how to put the tactic into you game let me know,

If I could be bothered, I would try make a tactic for fleetwood, but I can't  lol

Let me know how you get on!

Haha you don't need to do that mate, but yes I do know how to add tactics. I may actually start again anyway now the full games out. I conceded a few goals by stupid bugs which now would of been fixed. Will try a different League 2 team though 

Haha you don't need to do that mate, but yes I do know how to add tactics. I may actually start again anyway now the full games out. I conceded a few goals by stupid bugs which now would of been fixed. Will try a different League 2 team though 

Let me know how you get on 

P.s 4 games 3 wins and 1 loss on that formation so recommend it  :thumbup:

Archived